Unical Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.5

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Process was pretty fast, the interview itself was average time. I personally found the interviewers to be extremely rude and hostile toward me for some reason. Not sure why, this was definitely the only experience with an interview I have had with such rude interviewers. This probably isn't true for all the people working there but it was for the people interviewing me. Outrageously rude, and strangely hostile.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unical Aviation in May 2016.

Interview

Well, the interview was simple enough. Walking into the building, the first thing that impressed me was the decorations. It's beautiful inside, and the waiting room features a salt water aquarium. But I should have known something was up when the receptionist didn't even crack a fake smile to greet me.

I went in with a bright, positive outlook. I liked what I read about the company, enjoyed my conversation with the recruiter, and had a good feeling about the interview. But no one I encountered in that interview process seemed to want to smile. And then I went into an interview with a panel of three women--which I wasn't expecting. I thought I would be interviewing with the recruiter I was speaking to. Not with three people who looked entirely disinterested with me as a whole.

Aside from being generally unwelcoming, the main interviewer seemed either to not understand English very well, or just not have been paying attention to me, because she would ask me questions I had already answered. I could tell she was working off the list with her questions, and not really paying much attention to me. The questions were simple enough, straight forward--but it felt more like an interrogation than an interview. It didn't make me feel confident in the company. And aside from that it was there was one member of the panel who literally just sat there taking notes the entire time, and did not even look up at me once.

I don't know how well it did or didn't go for me, but the reception at my interview was not a good one, and I'm not really inclined to accept any offer they may have for me. An interview is just as much for the interviewee as it is for the interviewer--and they did not leave a good impression on me. I tried to be personable and make them smile, but wow talk about a tough crowd.

Disassembly Mechanic I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked basic questions about myself. Lasted about 35 minutes... 2 interviewers. The hangar manager and the hiring manager. The hiring manager talked while the other played on his phones. After about 5 questions, the manager just started talking about the company and I asked a few questions. Nothing hard. The hiring manager was a very nice man. Just act interested while making eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into aviation?   1 Answer
    • Do you have your own hand tools? What tools?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • Where did you go to school?   1 Answer
    • What do you like most about airplane mechanics?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (Walnut, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

An HR calls to schedule the first interview at your earliest convenience. The interview consist of 2 people. It was very general about your current job. When I passed my first interview, I was then asked to come in for a second interview. The interviewers were friendly and welcoming. This was more informative.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (City of Industry, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very comfortable, I interviewed with both the safety manager and VP of Human resources. A tour of the facility was part of the interview and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• For my position, the ability to provide training lessons was a big issue   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, on the phone negotiations

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The HR team and supervisors are really nice people. One can gain a lot of help from them.
    Unlike other review in the Glassdoor, I believe they take great pride of their family orientated environment.

Interview Questions

• I feel like the interview questions are pretty simple questions. They will ask you questions about your prior experience.   Answer Question

Sale Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (City of Industry, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great! HR department's recruiter was really nice and motivational; they would really motivate you along the process. From the application submission to interview, the transition was quick and smooth, since they would reply your email on time. Overall it was a great experience!
    The interview itself was basic knowledge about the position. The interview really helped me to understand that Unical Aviation is the company to work for!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (City of Industry, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed me..... things seemed to go OK. Made me an offer to start immediately, so I canceled a week long vaction I had planned.

Only to fire me 6 weeks later. Shoot I dont know they must have needed an temp person. Salary was worse than pathetic. I have and currently make 2x as much

But I thought the aviation business might be cool. Actuallly this is just a big junkyard for airplane parts. Kind of like "Pick a Part" only for airplanes

Faciliities decorated very cool but didnt or never saw any one sitting on the nice furnture, using the gym or the patio....I think everyone was afraid. But....

Know why? No WI FI,....I am not kidding. All the employees are on desktops and are not allowed to work remotely even within the facilty. Kinda like the 80's

As for employees they work side by side on open tables kind of like an Indonesian Gament factory ....all that was missing was a bunch of sewing machines

Good espresso machiine!!

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum salary you are willing to work for?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?Can you cancel your planned vaction and start immediatly?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Do you speak Indonesian?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unical Aviation (City of Industry, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Jan Slack on multiple occasions for opportunities at Unical. Even when she couldnt get a hold of me, she went above and beyond and made sure she got the right number by using my work references. That was the difference between ordinary HR Recruiter, and extra-ordinary.

Jan orchestrated the interview process smoothly. I felt personable, comfortable, and relaxed. Prior to the day of, Jan made sure i have all the details and arranged the time that worked best for both parties. She followed up to make sure everyone is on the same page and things are inline. I dont think i've ever had a more enjoyable and successful interview process.

My interview went as expected, no gimmicks, no hassle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If its what you want to do, the offer acceptance should be easy

Engineer Interview

Interview

the manager asked about background experiences just like any other employer.
    very straight forward and get right on to the point of what they are looking for.
    HR manager also participated right after and provided more info about the company
    overall, very professional and effective process.

Interview Questions

• like any other corporation/company, are you a team player? strength and weakness?, lesson learn and future goal? etc..
      give us some of your past experience, and how did you overcome? how did you fail? and accomplishment...
      1 Answer

Negotiation

very quick and fast! less than 1 minute.