Union Tank Car Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Tank Car

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Union Tank Car (Alexandria, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Application process was quick and simple. I arrived at facility day one: submitted application and scheduled interview. Day two: Interviewed with Human Resources Manager and received confirmation that I had been conditionally offered a position. After position is offered and accepted there is a minimum 2 day orientation process that is paid and mainly focused on safety and company regulations. You will be required to wear certain personal protection equipment all of which the company supplies, except for your safety boots and clothes on your back.

Interview Questions

• If I am unable to perform my duties at my job, would I be willing to take a position in another role with the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for new hires with this company and salaries are based on inter-company experience. Salaries are tiered for time with the company and shown to you during the interview, if requested.

QC Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Tank Car (Alexandria, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief and short. I sat in a room with my three supervisors and they pretty much asked me all the questions they felt suit to ask. They also reviewed my resume asked questions about it and they also went over my certs in which they really dissected it. Made sure all of my class room hours were up to par in every discipline.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the inspection business.   2 Answers
    • Where did you get your certs from??   1 Answer

Welder C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Union Tank Car (Alexandria, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

you dress right ask you questions about your job history and why would u like to work for union tank car company sit down and listen they question you about welding

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Union Tank Car (Muscatine, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

Put in application, waited until I got a call then went in for a call, person that interviewed me asked if I had ever welded before, asked me if I knew the type of welding proses

Car Repairman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Union Tank Car (Cleveland, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Did Application process at the first part of hiring process. Then had a personal interview with Plant Manager. We talked about my past work experience and what was required of me to work at the facility. He gave me a call the next day to offer the job to me.