United Talent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Talent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

I applied online and heard back a week later about attending a recruitment event. I attended the recruitment event and spoke to Laura Roenick individually for 5 minutes and then was asked to do an agent panel interview the next day with about 2 agents, Michael Conway, and Laura.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview over Skype first. A few weeks later I had an interview in person with HR. Very nice people and great corporate culture. I did not get a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I went in for two interviews at UTA (Los Angeles). The first interview was a video interview with CAO Michael Conway which was pleasant and more conversational. A month later, I was invited to come to the office for a panel interview with 10 other agents and HR. I sat in the lobby with about 10 other candidates, very competitive. The panel interview was short and straight forward with quite an intimidating room of agents. Some agents were silent, some nice and others a bit rude, which they likely do to give you a taste of the business.

UTA has an insanely beautiful corporate office with a very professional staff. No diversity besides the valet. Trainees are paid $13/hr and expected to work around 10+ hours a day.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to be an agent? 2. Why do you want to work for UTA? 3. Who would be your ideal client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Talent (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a video conference that I have to say what was not warm or welcoming at all. It lasted only 7 minutes in which the interviewer asked me to two questions and then said I needed to "sell myself."
    I also was asked questions for a job I did not apply for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background, my previous work experience, why I wanted to work at UTA.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Talent in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a follow up email from HR three days later. I met first with the department coordinator, then two days later had a phone interview with another agent in the department. Final step was a meeting with head of the department.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a situation that required you to solve a problem very quickly. What did you do and was it ultimately effective?
      -Who are some of your favorite actors?
      -Why an agency job? Why UTA?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

After e-mailing back and fourth with the head of the training program, I went in for a brief interview with Michael Conway and his assistant. The process took about 3 months before actually coming in for an interview. They asked a couple questions then turned to me to ask them questions. It lasted for about 7 minutes, as it was more of an introduction than a formal interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I sat in a waiting room with about 10 other people my age, then they called people in one by one for a very short interview with the CAO and one other HR person. They said they mainly wanted to get an idea of my personality, stressed how difficult the work was, how long the hours would be, and how low the pay would be, that it's a 3 year commitment. It honestly felt like the emphasis might have been on trying to scare people out of the job rather than getting to know more about them. The interviewers were nice, but a little on the intense side. The interview was about 5 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• This program is for people who are definitely interested in becoming an agent, is this what you see yourself doing? What department do you see yourself wanting to be an agent for? Why are you interested in doing this? Are you aware that this is hard work, long hours, low pay, and a 3 year commitment? Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within one week I received an email from a UTA recruiter inviting me to come in for an interview. When I arrived there were 4 other people around my age waiting to be called in for the same position. Very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent? Do you understand you will be working extremely long hours for extremely low pay? Are you willing to do this considering the training program is three years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at United Talent in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in October for a spring internship and a notice to interview with them in March. The phone interview was difficult because the interviewer kept telling me I was overqualified, although I expressed my desire to intern with UTA. The same situation happened with the video interview. I had a lovely conversation with both, but it felt like they were trying to steer me away.

SummerMail Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a client referral and the whole process took 3 weeks. I interviewed via a conference call with Laura Roenick (Head of UTA University) and the interview lasted 15 mins with basic background/personality questions. The second interview was with senior agent keya khayatian (Motion Picture Literary Agent) and it was done over a phone call that lasted 15mins as well. The questions were pretty similar to the first interview but with more emphasis on long term goals.