United Talent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Talent Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.9

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Talent.

Interview

It was an intense interview process. They ask why you're comfortable making such a small amount of money as well as what type of clients you see yourself representing. Meeting Michael Conway is pretty amazing but he isn't as easy to talk to and is quite robotic.

Interview Questions

• What are some upcoming talents that you would like to represent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Dropped my resume through UTA's website and then got an email from their recruiter. I scheduled a Skype call with them. Their recruiter was very kind and seemed to like me. Depending on who interviews you, it's best to just be yourself but show that you prepared for their questions. I was told that after a Skype interview, they schedule for you to meet HR at an event.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

They asked me in for a "meet and greet", don't be fooled by the name this is an interview. Very basic questions, nothing surprising. UTA has a very quick turn around time, I was called in 3 days after my resume was submitted.

Interview Questions

• Why are you willing to work for minimum wage?   1 Answer
    • How well do you know our roster?   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurricane, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Talent (Hurricane, WV).

Interview

Very simple, phone interview first, then interview with job placement, quick paperwork at the United Talent office. They asked basic interview questions, had me take a quick typing test, and tested my skills in the legal setting.

Business Affairs Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was followed up with an in person interview a week later. I spoke with someone in HR on the phone, and then met with a Business Affairs Executive for the in person interview. It was a great interview- I was treated like an actual human, I got to talk about myself and my accomplishments a lot, it was more of a conversation than it was an interview, which made me feel much more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your best strengths?   1 Answer

Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Attended an internship presentation. Informative and interesting. Then had a brief chat with a person from HR. They were pleasant and interested in my background and why I wanted to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone we represent that you admire?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule an interview the following week.

I met with two execs. The interview was very casual with no real structure. It was very conversational. One of the gentlemen was very professional, while the other was rude and on his iPhone the entire time. He showed no interest in taking my interview seriously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Talent (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

About 4 months after you apply you receive a phone call asking you to come in for an interview the next day. If you cannot make it you will get a Skype Interview. After that you are invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you willing to be getting paid minimal wage working in such conditions for the upcoming 3 years of the trainee program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral - if you don't have a referral to pull your resume from a giant pile of them, it is unlikely you will get an interview. It's not especially fair, but that's how it is.

I was invited to a recruitment seminar two weeks later. The two day event includes several panels of agents, employees. Attendees are expected to ask questions of these panelists and they will be judged accordingly on the question type etc. The entire recruitment seminar is less so an information seminar and more so a test of you and how you present yourself. HR takes notes, listens and observes your conversations with other recruits, so be mindful of that as well.

The second day I met with Laura in HR for a 10 minute one on one. Asked me about my background, why she should hire me. Later in the day I was given a panel interview which featured Laura and five agents. I was well prepared and researched and you MUST be. They will test you as the job is really about selling yourself and being confident.

Three weeks later, I was told the summer class was full and I was not given an offer. Seems those accepted into the program were notified within two weeks. It also seems that they prefer to hire recent college grads versus those with more experience since they can better mold them in their corporate image. Prior experience is not as vital as the right fit/image.

I have no complaints, just remember this is not an especially meritocracy based field. If you don't get it, don't take it personally.

Corporate Communications Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

It was a simple interview process, had an internal recommendation who connected me with his assistant and interviewed the following week. The interview was two parts, one with the Corporate Communications Coordinator, and the second with someone in HR. It was a pleasant interview but had cryptic communications following.