University of Exeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Exeter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Exeter (Exeter, England (UK)).

Interview

I personally thought the short listing was done extremely quicky, I was asked to interview within 2 days from the date that I applied. On the day of the interview I was asked questions was panel of 3 individuals who were all from different departments but were related to the admissions process.

I did get offered the job but I declined it coz personally I felt the pay was way too low from what was being advertised. Id would seriously RECOMMEND to research the cost of living in exeter. Its the most expensive city to live in after London.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Exeter (Exeter, England (UK)).

Interview

The ad for my job was poorly advertised, but the shortlisting was fast and the arrangements before my interview were fine. Unfortunately, the university booked my accommodation for the wrong day, so when I arrived on the night before my interview, no room was available at the campus lodge. I had to find alternative accommodation at the last minute, which didn't work out very well. As a result, I got little sleep the night before my interview. The interview itself was well run. I was asked standard questions and was treated professionally. I was notified of the result by the end of the day.

Impact and Partnership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Exeter (Exeter, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 interview for 45 minutes. Formal but friendly. Initially had a 1-1 interview. Shortlisted within 24 hours of application. Provided with plenty of information about the role and interview process.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Exeter (Exeter, England (UK)).

Interview

After completing the online application form, I was invited to an interview via email. On arrival, applicants were divided into groups in different rooms. We were then told to discuss three issues/questions relating to student life and we were observed by three sets of individuals from the student recruitment team. The interviewers included current senior student ambassadors and members of the student recruitment team. The questions were very broad and it was important to make a contribution, however it was equally important to be respectful of other people's views and not to dominate the discussion.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of 'How is Exeter perceived by others?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Exeter (Exeter, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online for advertised position. As I was out of the UK at the time of the interview, I interviewed online via Skype. I was interviewed by two people. Approximately a week after the interview, I received an email offer for the job.

Bank Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Exeter.

Interview

Was a vacancy on the website which I applied to

Interview Questions

• would you be able to manage work hours with the heavy load of a MSc   Answer Question