University of Nevada, Reno Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Nevada, Reno Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.6

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno.

Interview

For on campus student jobs, utilize the career studio in crafting your resume. Arrive early to your interview dressed professionally. This means no jeans. Personality plus is necessary in this interview. Also, taking 15 credits a semester or 30 credits a year is required in almost all departments. The university is a great place to work for students who can balance their courses and are already to be professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno in March 2017.

Interview

Short. I suspect they had a candidate in mind and I was just a filler interview. They appeared inexperienced with video conference interviewing and uncomfortable with it. They did contact me very shorty after I applied. The job posting had just ended, but this is still unusual for higher ed in my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable using hand tools? Apparently there was a part of the job duties that was left out of the job description that they were not aware of. Also, I was asked what part of the job would be most challenging to me, before I had a good sense of the job. Am I comfortable climbing ladders? No indication was given on how often or how much.   Answer Question

Data Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

First you apply online via their jobs portal. If they validate your application as eligible, they may call to schedule a phone interview. They will then email to confirm you are not selected or will contact you for on-campus interview.
    Note: If you are talented, highly-skilled and knowledgeable in the field of computer science, you may want to downplay it with these folks. They definitely are not looking for technical rock-stars.

Interview Questions

• What does ETL stand for and how is it used?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV).

Interview

Online application, followed by an exam, then a pre-recorded video interview, then a three hour in-person interview. First hour was with my potential manager and two other managers, second hour was one-on-one with potential manager, third hour was with all the managers in the division.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how you would handle hypothetical situations. Somewhat redundant, since you take an exam and some of the same questions are on the exam.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process because I was recommended by a friend. I went in and did paperwork and got the job. If you were to interview, the interview would consist of basic questions such as what your schedule is like to see if you are able to work the times needed, and that is about it. The overall process is really easy.

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV).

Interview

IT Manager called me for an interview shortly after I applied on the University's career website. The interview was onsite and was pretty standard. Interviewer asked about myself, my job experience, and some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just basic interview/ getting-to-know-you type questions   Answer Question

Interview

3 Interviews plus public presentation. First interview is on the phone, second one online by skype, third one on site with a commission. After that there is a public presentation with ideas and what not. A little scary but everybody is really nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything is set, not negociable.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno.

Interview

TA offered with acceptance. So there really is no hiring and interview process. If you are not offered a TA, I guess there may be an interview process. Talk to the DGS.

Negotiation

No negotiations for TAs.

Interview

I applied for the sysadmin position and about a week later got called to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was typical in introducing myself and a basic gauge of my technical skills with the search committee. The committee consisted of staff within IT and other staff of the departments that I would be supporting. A week later I was asked to interview. The interview process was about 7 hours long meeting with multiple IT departments and groups within the departments I would be supporting. A tour of campus along with breakfast and lunch was provided.

Interview Questions

• There was no technical test. They asked lots of questions based on situations and "what-would-you-do"s. Every now and then a technical question was thrown in especially from the other server and sys admins - ex. how would you go about editing policy in AD.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation was higher than what I expected, so I had no complaints.

Director, Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was 30 - 40 minutes with a 6-member panel. Greeting was warm and friendly. Each member of the team asked one or two questions, with little or no feedback during the interview. Second round interview was a presentation before the Dean. I appreciated receiving a phone message telling me I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with students with disabilities?   Answer Question