University of Rochester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.8

Senior Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Received a call from the nurse manager maybe the day of or the day after I applied to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for a few days later and was with the nurse manager and assistant nurse manager. A lot of time was spent just talking about the position and duties. I appreciated how it felt more of a discussion rather than an interview. They then showed me around the unit and I shadowed someone for about 30 min.

Workshop Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

This was a group interview with 2 students that were prior workshop leaders and one of the people present was an employee. The interview was hosted by the past workshop leaders and consisted of the possible scenario that a workshop leader could face.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 step hiring process that consisted of a written application, group interview, individual presentation. Quite typical questions that have to do with the University as well as a short amount of behavioral questions to see how one would conduct themselves in front of a family.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about the University of Rochester   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The panel/group asked technical questions as expected in regards to aspects needed to monitor the system. It was a Linux System Admin position. Technical as well as behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Asked about various command in Linux in the form of quiz.   Answer Question

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

We toured the facility and the Asst Supervisor explained about the animal rooms and Standard Operating Procedures to enter and leave them. Then I had the interview. It was fairly informal. It was with the facility supervisor in his office. There were general questions regarding my experience and my understanding of what the job entailed. Why I was leaving my previous employer. What my long term goals were.

Interview Questions

• If I understood what would be expected of me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to it.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy talk, just proves you have related experience. Then introduce your future role and function. Should be easy for a student part time job. Even an undergrad can do that if you are motivated and be patient.

Interview Questions

• What your projects experience?   1 Answer

Manager of Financial Systems Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was via phone. The next steps involved 30 minutes each with 3 separate department managers. Each manager asked questions regarding their department's interaction and expectations of the position. They all were very thorough in explaining the previous challenges of the position from their perspective.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Two week waiting process. Not many online options for job search and job hunting. No contacts information listed when trying to apply. Good phone etiquette . Long parking wait .

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

First was phone screening, then hiring manager interviewed then called for the 2 interview by the director and peers.
    Interview was average, got the offer after 3 weeks. Offer was pretty good.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was friendly and comfortable for me. Hiring process was easier and fast. I applied through university job portal. I immediately received further instructions for onsite . Interview lasted for 2 hours with technical as well behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were related to wired networks with my prior experience. Interviewer also asked about wireless network stuff.   Answer Question