University of Rochester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Workshop Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

This was a group interview with 2 students that were prior workshop leaders and one of the people present was an employee. The interview was hosted by the past workshop leaders and consisted of the possible scenario that a workshop leader could face.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 step hiring process that consisted of a written application, group interview, individual presentation. Quite typical questions that have to do with the University as well as a short amount of behavioral questions to see how one would conduct themselves in front of a family.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about the University of Rochester   Answer Question

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

We toured the facility and the Asst Supervisor explained about the animal rooms and Standard Operating Procedures to enter and leave them. Then I had the interview. It was fairly informal. It was with the facility supervisor in his office. There were general questions regarding my experience and my understanding of what the job entailed. Why I was leaving my previous employer. What my long term goals were.

Interview Questions

• If I understood what would be expected of me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to it.

Manager of Financial Systems Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was via phone. The next steps involved 30 minutes each with 3 separate department managers. Each manager asked questions regarding their department's interaction and expectations of the position. They all were very thorough in explaining the previous challenges of the position from their perspective.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Two week waiting process. Not many online options for job search and job hunting. No contacts information listed when trying to apply. Good phone etiquette . Long parking wait .

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

First was phone screening, then hiring manager interviewed then called for the 2 interview by the director and peers.
    Interview was average, got the offer after 3 weeks. Offer was pretty good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

The process was brief, involving a phone interview followed by an in person interview. They asked questions about past experience, as well as questions related to working on a team. The entire process lasted for about a week, and was offered a position after providing a list of references and then met with them in person.

Pre College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview in Wallis Hall. Everyone was asked general questions and expected to respond. Interviewed by admission staff. Some people got chosen. I don't know what they were looking for. Not everyone answered all the questions-as it just became awkward when most people repeated others.

Service Assistant At Hillel Chapel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The application process was completed online. After a period just under a week, I received an email to confirm possible interview times. less than a week later, I was asked to meet at the chapel and I was walked through the job I would potentially be receiving. After the brief explanation and a tour of the chapel, I was informed that I i was selected I would be receiving an email in several days time. I did not receive such an email.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be willing to commit to the job for several years.   1 Answer

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. The first interview took place with the HR department, which covered my basic qualifications. The second interview was with the department head, who talked to me about the job and my previous experience. Overall the interview took place in one day and the process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you in the position you are applying for?   Answer Question