Upstream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Upstream Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Upstream (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the whole process took 1 month. I had 3 interviews (1 with the hr manager, 1 with the hiring managers, 1 with the campaign director) and 2 tests (1 numerical - GRE like questions, easy if you are familiar with possibilities and data management and 1 marketing - easy if you are familiar with KPIs. They also asked me to write down all the messages for a campaign)

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

I applied online and got referred by an employee. I went through one interview and two tests, all online. The whole process took about one month (I had to re-do the test once). Generally speaking, it was not hard.

Interview Questions

• Translation and content creation test   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

1) math skill test ~ 40min
    2) eng skill test ~ 40min
    3) HR interview ~30min
    4) technical interview ~1h

Well organized process with quick feedback on each step.
    Main Products were presented & company's structure.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

Scheduled appointment with the HR in the offices of the company. Initially the HR employee asks some questions about background, studies, working experience and personal strengths/weaknesses (about half an hour). Then one has to complete a multiple choice test (15 minutes SQL test and 25 minutes cognitive test). If the results are relatively good, a small interview with a project manager follows - maybe on the spot or for another day.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process had a numerical test, a technical assignment, an HR interview, one interview with the hiring manager and the last one with the head of the department. Everyone was friendly and made me feel comfortable. The explain everything regarding the role, their strategy and their vision.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in December 2016.

Interview

Upstream had a great overall interview process, which went very smooth and quickly. It started with an intro call where I was asked to meet at the company Headquarters, scheduled for a few days later.

After two short tests, one numerical and one SQL, I went through the first interview with the HR Manager, to talk about the company, the role and got the opportunity to talk about myself and my background. This was a great first impression about the Company.

After the interview, I was contacted immediately to move on to the second round, which was a 24h technical home test. I was then contacted to arrange a peer interview next day. I really enjoyed this stage of the process, which lasted 90 minutes and was more like a very engaging conversation than an interview.

Finally, I was invited to a Skype interview with the Hiring Manager and Head of Business Intelligence. Our conversation lasted for 45 minutes, where we went through the team’s vision, challenges and objectives, which left me super excited about the prospect of joining Upstream team. Two days later I was offered the position.

Overall the interviews were comfortable, engaging and very much two-sided. The recruitment team is extremely helpful and walks you through the process every step of the way.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Upstream.

Interview

For some reason, they keep advertising a Project Manager position (at least from the beginning of 2016). They must have quite a shortage of PMs. Leaving that aside, the HR Manager was kind and professional. After a short test (comprised of mathematical quizzes mainly focused on rates), the standard approach: first the company profile was presented and then we discussed about my CV.

A second round with prospective PMOs. The PMOs were honest and clear to describe the company procedures and what was expected from the person holding the PM position. They implied that you're expected to work at least 9 hours, from 10:00AM to 19:00. Of course, they also asked details about the position on my current employer.

It is a pity that I was not offered the job (they never replied), but beyond that they were very professional and honest, so I never felt I they were making me waste my time. Very good first impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• What task you don't like to do in your current position   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstream.

Interview

There was a 30 minute paper and pen assessment. After which, you will have a 1-1 interview. The discussion are evolve around the usual what the company does, your past work experience, the role offered, responsibility of the role and overall organisation structure. At the end of the discussion, you will discuss about benefits that the company provides and so forth before they asked you what is your expected salary.

Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

Tests, interview with hr and then with people of the dpt..all of them!
    Involvement of senior people in the hiring process of interns, which is good but unnecessary...
    Unfortunately, after seeing many people and going through many interviews, I've never received feedback...I invested time and energy, so it was totally unacceptable the fact that they didn't even send a generic feedback regarding the position!!! And to think, they have an employer branding specialist, who is not doing her job obviously...

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview; one assignment; another final phone interview. Contacted through referral. Overall, the process went very well; the HR manager is particularly professional and nice. I was asked about my work experience as well as personal motivation. The assignment was an hour-long copywriting test in line with the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work experience as well as personal motivation. The assignment was an hour-long copywriting test in line with the job requirements.   Answer Question