Upstream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Upstream Interview Questions

Interviews at Upstream

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstream.

Interview

I had a phone screen set up with the hiring manager and when we finally connected, she only asked me to tell her about my previous job experience and my salary expectation. That was it. That was the entire interview. It was pretty obvious she was either distracted or was already close to making an offer. It was very unprofessional of her to waste my time like that. I took time out of my day while I was on vacation to speak to her. If she had been upfront and honest, I would have withdrawn my candidacy instead of wasting my time. The phone screen definitely left a bad taste for the professionalism of this organization.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Upstream (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the whole process took 1 month. I had 3 interviews (1 with the hr manager, 1 with the hiring managers, 1 with the campaign director) and 2 tests (1 numerical - GRE like questions, easy if you are familiar with possibilities and data management and 1 marketing - easy if you are familiar with KPIs. They also asked me to write down all the messages for a campaign)

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstream.

Interview

Awful experience! Received a call on a Friday evening and was asked to work on several assignments until Monday EOD, pretty last-minute request. The assessment was quite demanding and in-depth. This was pretty strange since, usually, you first get to know the candidate and then proceed with more technical interviews. This made me a bit skeptical. After getting back to them with my deliverables, I was ensured that someone would get in touch to discuss the next stages. Even though i reached out to them 2-3 times, I never got a reply. Very unprofessional attitude, avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions

• 4-5 exercises were you are invited to assess current product pages, suggest improvements, write a blog etc.   Answer Question

IT Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

I applied online and then I was contacted by an HR Officer in order to schedule an interview at their premises. At the meantime, I had to complete an online series of tests (including numerical and phsycocmetric tests). Fyi under the GDPR legislation, conducting psychometric tests as part of the hiring process is a bit of a grey area; the lawfulness of processing such data (despite the consent) is not necessary relevant to the hiring process. In addition, taking a numerical test (that I had to repeat on site the day of the interview) felt unnecessary and irrelevant to the position I applied for.

The interview lasted for almost an hour, but unfortunately, only one HR person was present. With 5 years experience in consulting firms and having in mind that I am applying for a senior position, I would expect that my time would be valued and respected a bit more. After the first 30 minutes, when we went through my CV, education, work experience and typical HR questions, we moved into questions related to the position.

However, describing my experience on internal controls, IT audit methodologies, IT security frameworks and IT risks with an HR professional felt a bit meaningless, since based on the questions and clarifications requested, the person I was talking to clearly had no idea about what I was talking about. Of course I never received any feedback on the status of the process.

Coming back now from a second and final interview to another well-known tech company for a similar position, where the hiring process consisted of an interview with HR and IT Personnel, a case study RELEVANT to the job position I applied for, and a second interview with the CIO, etc.. I persist that the whole hiring process of Upstream was unfortunately a waste of my time.

Front End Web Developer Interview Interview

Interview

It was a really nice interview with a friendly enviroment, with the accurate questions. The interview involved 2 steps. An HR interview by completing a test from Bryq, an interview with the technical department.

Junior Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Upstream.

Interview

not a serious company if they need over 3 months to hire a junior full stack developer. not worth applying to cause they will waste your time with nonsence tests and stupid questions that even senior devs use google in their daily life cause it is impossible to remember everything. not to mention about coding on a paper during interview which is a joke nowdays

Graphic Designer- UI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in December 2019.

Interview

they give a test. improve the interface of their site , 3 icons depended on some paragraphs of their site, 18 icons for the other site they have. THIS MUCH WORK CAN NOT BE A TEST. they collect ideas. they reload the same job offer .again and again. must be very stressful working there .

Interview Questions

• would u like to take part of the test procession?   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in September 2019.

Interview

I went to their offices in Gerakas. Many applications have been made, over 100 (and they wanted to hire 10 people) according to them and there were some days to choose from for an interview and many time slots per day. Obviously, because of the great amount of applicants. When I went there, they talked to me and some other applicants for an hour with a powerPoint presentation about the company products and the benefits they offer. It was a nice presentation with good to know details, but completely useless for all the people that were rejected. So, I wish they cut it down to less minutes because you can get tired for no reason. Also, a staff member, a department's Vice president came in to say a few words and told us "We have actually already found more than enough good candidates, but ok just keep doing the interview" and we all felt as though there was no hope and we were brought there only because they were still accepting cvs and it wouldn't be professional to turn us down. I don't what were his intentions but it was really bad to say that, especially to people who came from all over Greece for this interview and drove 10-12 hours. After that we were given a cognitive and numerical test and when finished a java test. Each test was approximately 30 minutes. I found that both tests were really good, since they were really challenging. There were many questions for the time given so that you would answer instinctively the first thing that came to mind, which is a good method to find out what someone knows without having time to think about it. The questions were as difficult as they can be for someone who just graduated from university and is junior. Some were theoretical or asked for a definition and some others were more practical and wanted you to provide a code sample. After 2-3 hours of this whole process, I had a technical interview with a developer. He was nice and understanding and I enjoyed the interview mostly because he was a developer and we kind of speak the same language. Many questions were made about both hard and soft skills, java, databases, hashing and two problems were given to solve. A simple class definition and method overriding problem and an algorithmic one about phonebook numbers. After finishing they informed me that they would they would call around 20 people for another all day round of interviews and a hackathon kind of challenge and then they would choose the last 10 people they would choose. I was rejected and I didn't make it to the next round. They made twice the time they said they would to inform me, but at least they sent me an email.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of polymorphism in Java?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in August 2019.

Interview

Positive interview kind HR the guy that did the technical interview was very helpful company building is great the atmosphere was nice etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interviewer started by introducing the company's products and culture. It took around 10 minutes, then she asked about my education, previous work experience and why they choose me?! Later on, she described the the competitive package the company offers, the leasure facilities ... so on!

Interview Questions

• Why there is 2 years gaps in your resume?!   1 Answer