Cover image for Upwork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Upwork Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 145 of over 145 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Upwork

Application

I interviewed at Upwork in Jan 2023

Interview

I was contacted by email first, then selected the date on Google meet. It was shorter than expected, some common questions about skills, work history, availability, expectations, and ambitions at the company.

Interview Questions
  • What is your salary expectations?
    Answer Question

Upwork

Application

I interviewed at Upwork

Interview

It was straightforward but no follow up. It would have been nice to have received a follow up as I took time to prepare and research the company and the company's values.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Upwork?
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Upwork

Join the conversation on

Tech

625.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Upwork~993959
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Upwork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Upwork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Upwork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upwork

Interview

Good process. interesting questions . multiple rounds and evaluation . also on the call problem solving. Screenshare and problem solving. 3 rounds including human resource . keen on soft skills and interpersonal skills

Interview Questions
  • Tell me ahout your self and education

Upwork

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Upwork in Nov 2022

Interview

Love this company, and their mission. Was referred by two employees, and had two first round interviews for different roles. The recruiters both said I align better for another role at Upwork, and would reach out/intro me to their peer that was recruiting for the role. Unfortunately, after multiple follow ups with the recruiters, they have yet to reply. Disappointing that they cannot let someone know 'not a fit', or 'found a candidate better aligned', etc. The lack of follow up is very disappointing for company with such high reviews. A simple auto decline would suffice. Hoping others have a better experience. Still love the mission of Upwork.

Interview Questions
  • Basic recruiter interview questions to see if there is alignment.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upwork (Cluj-Napoca) in Nov 2022

Interview

I was contacted from Linkedin by Upwork in October 2022 and the process took like 2-3 weeks to arrange the coding interview. In the interview they have asked me this: // For a given array of integers, rotate the array to the right for the specified amount of steps, removing any odd numbers on the way Honestly i didn't prepare so much for interview. The coding is not hard but you need to have practice with leetcode or hackerrank, otherwise there is no changce, you cannot go on google to check it, you can only read the official javascript documentation.

Interview Questions
  • // For a given array of integers, rotate the array to the right for the specified amount of steps, removing any odd numbers on the way

Anonymous Employee in Tbilisi

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Upwork (Tbilisi) in Nov 2022

Interview

The interview process took just a few minutes, followed with several basic educational test and then technical questions from UX process. They also asked about salary expectations, but as a junior designer I chose the lowest as I was more oriented toward development.

Interview Questions
  • How often do I use ALT key in Figma

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upwork (Minneapolis, MN) in Oct 2022

Interview

I was contacted to do an interview, we scheduled a date and time, then the recruiter ghosted completely, even after reaching out several times. Really unprofessional from a company as relevant as upwork.

1 person found this interview helpful

Upwork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upwork

Interview

You will have interviews with each individual position that you apply for. These interviews can be either through text messages, phone calls, or video calls. You will get more detailed information about the job you are applying for and it helps to have questions prepared ahead of time. Have your resume and go over it because they might ask you questions about your previous work experience.

Interview Questions
  • What work experience have you done before that was like this?

Upwork

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Upwork in Oct 2022

Interview

Recruiter call: Talked about salary upfront. It is a monthly contract on B2B arrangement. When they do reach out, there is no particular team that you are been interviewed for upfront. The tech lead role has been wrongly advertised as a team lead role and monthly contract salaries are very low.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upwork (London, England) in Oct 2022

Interview

I had an initial 30 min call with HR and was told there would be 3 interviews, which I thought that included. There was actually 3 extra interviews, including one with the hiring manager and a portfolio presentation. This is fine, but is slightly excessive for a contract role. The interviews were relatively straightforward and the people seemed nice. But they did seem quite unprepared, were not asked in a way where you could give STAR format answers, and questions were repeated. Similar to other reviewers, I was completely ghosted at this point by the company, even when I chased up I got no reply. I'd given up 4 hours interview time + 1 day of prep for the portfolio review, so found this really frustrating and disrespectful.

Interview Questions
  • How have you gone about setting up content design as a discipline in a company
Viewing 1 - 10 of 145 Interviews

Upwork Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Upwork as 42.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.68 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Development Representative and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Upwork takes an average of 21 days when considering 132 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Development Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Product Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Upwork according to 132 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.92%