UserVoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at UserVoice

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UserVoice (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied on glass door on 7/11.
    VP of Engineering reached out to me on the same day.
    First phone interview on 7/24.
    Technical interview on 8/1.
    Onsite interview 8/10.
    Offer on 8/11.

UserVoice has the basic layout for a typical software engineering interview, but their practices are far from. From start to finish, I never felt as if I was being grilled for answers or belittled for not knowing how to solve an impossible problem. My interview with Matt (VP of Engineering) was refreshingly honest. Sounds weird I know, but he was very transparent about the company, its' vision, its' culture...you ask it, he will answer it.

My skillsets are more frontend heavy. Therefore, for my technical phone interview, our conversation and coding exercises mostly pertained to the fundamentals of AngularJs. There were a few hiccups with the tool that was being used, but the interviewer was very accommodating about it.

For my onsite interview, I met with 9 people for a total of 3 hours ranging from Product Owner to Engineers, to Architects. Throughout these interviews, they asked me technical questions that related to the skills that I listed on my resume. (So don't lie on your resume)

Overall, I had a great experience as everyone that I met with were knowledgable, passionate, and mostly personable. I am so excited to get work here!

Interview Questions

• I like to hike so they asked me how would I build trail finder based on location, difficulty, and distances from end to end.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UserVoice (Raleigh, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with a google hangout interview with a few code exercises and basic questions. Once that was over, was invited to the office for an in-person interview. During my time in office I was asked to complete an exercise where I developed a simple todo list app based on basic requirements. During the exercise I was interviewed by a few other employees,

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging conflict in my previous job and how did I deal with it.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UserVoice (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I've been through.

First step entailed speaking with the hiring manager over the phone. The conversation went well, and she indicated she wanted to meet one-on-one as a second step. That also went well, and I was asked to come into the office to meet the team.

I met with the 1) Director of Demand Generation, 2) SDR Manager, and 3) COO. The first two conversations went really well -- the guys were really personable and easy to talk to. They gave me a great first impression of the team.

I'm not even sure where to start with the COO. I've literally never felt more disrespected in an interview than I did with the COO at UserVoice. I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or was just bullied in school (or he's just genuinely as pompous and rude as he came across), but if you're looking to be berated for 30 minutes by a guy sitting back in his chair with his arms crossed the entire time, this is your dude. Needless to say, I've never been more inclined to get up and walk out of an interview.

I gave that feedback to the hiring manager, and she not only didn't disagree with my observations or experience with him, she actually attributed the closeness of the team to the fact that they basically experience the same thing from him on a daily basis ("Well... it brings us closer together..." was along the lines of her response).

I can't imagine reporting into someone who's willing to treat an interviewee like that (because God only knows how he treats employees behind the scenes), so I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

If you're interviewing at UserVoice, good luck.