VCU Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.2

Rehab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCU Health (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Was a positive experience and was able to offer a job within a reasonable amount of time from the interview. Met with the site manager and then had the opportunity to spend time with the therapist, observe treatment sessions, and speak to current rehab techs.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation and how you handled it from a previous job experience.   Answer Question

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VCU Health.

Interview

Submit an application through HR portal and wait 2-8 weeks for a callback. Brief phone screen and then in-person interview. Org promotes the use of behavioral interviewing style.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interviewing questions will be asked. Some hiring managers will invite you to tell about them about yourself.   1 Answer

Laboratory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the P.I. a few weeks later to set up a time for a phone interview. The interview consisted of questions that ranged from basic "What is your greatest strengths" to questions more specific to the job, i.e. "Discuss your experience with this technique". Overall, the questions were very predictable and were easy to prepare for; I felt very prepared after just reviewing my resume and the job description. After asking a few questions, the P.I. described the position in more detail and what they hope to accomplish with the position - a time where I could both ask questions and highlight relevant skills.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VCU Health.

Interview

There was not an interview process. I had a friend submit my resume to a nurse manager on a unit I wanted to work in because the hospital kept telling me the ICUs were not hiring. I got a phone call from HR going over pay and benefits. There was no interview.

RN I Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VCU Health (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an incredible time interviewing for my first RN job. The nurse manager for the floor was so easy to talk with, and really understood her unit. She was very honest and pushed for her nurses to grow their career. When I talked with the nurses and shadowed them, all of them were very happy in their position. I thought it was wonderful that the unit has not had anyone leave in the last 2 years for negative reasons. The few nurses that did leave were related to military orders, or medical issues.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are acceptable reasons to be late for work?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Health (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview questions consist of the standard canned everyday questions mixed in with some specific job related ones. You will most likely be introduced to other team members and you are free to ask questions. It initally started with w phone interview and then an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• describe the interest i the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation- how did you work through it?   Answer Question
    • Give your perspective on customer service.   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VCU Health (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well, however they advertise jobs that are not readily available. I interviewed over to weeks ago, keep calling about jjobs, but at the moment there is none. However I see them posted everyday.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked for our company before.   2 Answers

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Health in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring took place through HR after submitting online application. My resume was sent to units of interest. Phone call received from unit manager to set up interview time. After my interview, my manager took me on a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a nurse?   1 Answer

Care Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VCU Health (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

You have to fill out an online resume for each position that you put in for, but in the end you need to make contact with the manager that will be doing the hiring to have a chance at an interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the past in which you didn't get along with management and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Care partner is an entry level position.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VCU Health (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I only got interviewed because I knew someone. They call you in and walk you around the facility and watch your interactions with the children. Then they'll sit you in a room for one on one questions to ask you things about ethics and "what you would do in this situation" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a degree in early education (which is nuts because experience counts for more, and they certainly don't pay as if you had a college degree).   Answer Question