VDC Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VDC Research Interview Questions

1.7

Analyst/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research (New York, NY).

Interview

If one word could describe how I felt about my interview process, it is "amused." This company acts like a top tier management consulting company in the recruiting process. The logo looks like it was designed in Microsoft Paint. I'm pretty sure I know what font it is. It is Telegramo A in bold.

The interview itself was conversational in nature, and my interviewee was good at answering questions. However, it takes them a long time to respond to email, which struck me as slightly unprofessional.

* I "didn't get an offer" because I withdrew my candidacy halfway through the interview process. Not worth it for a backup job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research (Natick, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with them on the day of our senior job fair with a manager for the specific department and it was a generally nice experience. He was very conversational, and asked a lot of behavioral questions, a resume overview, and about my role in group settings within positive and negative scenarios. There were some technical questions for job, such as research writing experience and data collecting methods. The second round interview revolved around how well my experience in previous internships and projects related to the job description, i.e. collecting data and creating reports on it.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: explain a situation where you lead/excelled in a group setting

Walk me through a stepwise process of how you would go about collecting data on a specific firm.
      Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Association Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview with the Marketing Director and Sales Director for the first round. Skype Interview with the two Executive Vice Presidents. These were super casual interviews that were more interested in knowing more about your character and have you ask more questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research (Natick, MA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was well run. Interview styles and content varied a lot between interviews. Overall would say they were typical, with a couple being pretty tough (lots of questions about Xcel and also writing). Had to wait a couple of weeks after first interview for callback as they said they were screening other candidates first, so process was initially slow. Picked up thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Questions about why I wanted to do market research. Had not done much of it before (though had done some research prior to interview), so wasn't as prepared for this but probably should have been.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research.

Interview

Applied online, over-eager CEO called me back almost immediately (someone flunked Sales 101). Lots of hoops to jump through, including multiple in-person interviews, a writing test, and reference check. An insane, time consuming process (especially when is currently employed) spearheaded by a CEO who lacks confidence and people skills. This probably should've been the first major red flag.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about discounting, including attitude towards discounting product, how one would respond if a client asked for a discount, etc. Questions I would typically associate with a more junior sales role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on how bad they want you. I got what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research (Natick, MA).

Interview

Silly questions like those at consulting firms...how many cows in Canada, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation VDC does not negotiate take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research (Natick, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring process at VDC is comical as the CEO tries to use management consulting recruiting techniques to find the "best" candidates. In reality, no one wants to work at VDC under any circumstances. Due to a weak economy over the past 5 years, some of us had to settle for this firm until the economy improved.

Interview Questions

• CEO lacks leadership ability, yet continues to play the role of thoughtful and caring executive, qualities he does not truly possess.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pulling teeth. Cheap organization.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VDC Research in April 2010.

Interview

Was a joke. They are begging to get people here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, They are open to a higher salary but the CEO will find a way to get out of it.