VIP PetCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VIP PetCare Interview Questions

Interviews at VIP PetCare

2.2

Clinic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIP PetCare.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call approximately a week later. Went in for an interview with the manager. She was very friendly and polite and she made the interview feel more like a conversation. The interview was short, only lasting maybe 15 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VIP PetCare (Windsor, CA).

Interview

Over the phone screening led to an in person interview which led to a 2nd interview with a different person. Most of the questions in the 1st interview were repeated in the 2nd interview. Given brief overview of job responsibilities. Scheduled a single training and started work the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets? Do you have an experience with animals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Clinic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VIP PetCare in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with very basic questions as a pre screening on a Saturday. I was told I would hear back in a few days, latest Tuesday. I sent an email on Tuesday after not hearing anything. I had a second Skype interview set up on the upcoming Saturday. Again, was told I would hear back latest Tuesday. AND again, no reply, so I emailed on Tuesday. At this point, the process has already taken a week and a half. I get a phone call back and am told suddenly that I would need to drop everything in 9 days and travel 4 hours out to California for on boarding and it would be a 4 day process. That was way too short of notice for someone who works full time in retail. I couldn't get my shifts covered and I was not about to just throw my good standing out the door without a 2 weeks notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VIP PetCare (West Chester, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the manager that lasted about 20-30 minutes. He asked a few questions, but spent most of the time explaining the job duties and talking about the company. Then we scheduled an in person interview which lasted a little longer. I was notified within the week that I got the job. After attending a training session and filling out the paperwork I was able to start the job right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIP PetCare (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was seemless and stress free. I really enjoyed my hiring manager and it was easy to bond over the love of animals. Remember to make a connection and have solid work experience and you are good!

Clinic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIP PetCare.

Interview

Very fast. No drug tests. Background check. Simple conversation. Dress business casual. Be agreeable. Be full of energy. Make the manager your friend. Relaxed atmosphere. Small office. Be in time. Tell a stoey about your pets.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VIP PetCare (Knoxville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Fill out application online. Takes about 30 minutes.
    There are 2 interviews that occur in the office following the initial phone call about application being received and reviewed.
    Start weekend desired. That could be the following weekend of weekends within the next month.
    they will run your liscense prior to having the job offered to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Assistant District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VIP PetCare.

Interview

Applied via Indeed with a strong computer, management and people healthcare background. Received an email for a phone interview almost immediately. It took 6 emails and 4 voicemails to get an answer (a week later) as to telephone interview. No call received on a Monday (6pm scheduled) but an email claiming alert didn't go off and can she call at 7. Agreed, via email, but still no call at 7. I called at 715 and left a voicemail. Several calls and emails later, I reached her on Wednesday afternoon an we did the telephone interview. She said that I would hear from her by 8pm local time for a time/location for 1:1 interview on that Friday. Called at 745 as no word. Left a voicemail. Again, several voicemails and emails later, I reached her live on Friday evening and was told the position was filled. As big a deal as she made out of work ethic, it seems to be sadly lacking.

Clinical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at VIP PetCare (Windsor, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

They had specific dates and times to come in for an interview and I didn't have to contact them. I showed up at the office and said I was there for an interview. I was called to come in for a second interview, and a week later they called and notified me that I was hired. It was pretty easygoing and I didn't find it difficult. However, I would still definitely dress to impress and treat it as a professional job.

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VIP PetCare.

Interview

First is a phone interview, then the second interview in person. Asked basic questions, nothing too hard if you've interviewed before. Dress nice and be confident. Always helps if you have prior volunteer shelter exp., or own pet experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength? How did you deal with a difficult situation? What do you know about our company?   1 Answer