VT Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VT Industries Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at VT Industries

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VT Industries (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2009.

Interview

Very thorough hiring process. Submit resume to corporate HR then local GM sends out a detailed questionnaire (about 20 questions). My response was about 7 pages typed. Then, a phone interview with the GM followed by an invitation for an on-site interview with GM. The on-site interviews narrowed it to 3 candidates which were invited to fly out to corporate headquarters. Four 1:1 interviews (with another GM, Sr. VP, VP, and corp. manager) and one group interview during "lunch". After all that, I got a call from the local GM and he extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Need someone that can roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done, while building and managing a team. A large focus will be on teaching and coaching the team in evolving to a lean management system while implementing sustainment activities to include accountability Do you meet these requirements? Can you do the work as well as manage others doing it? Please provide examples of situations where you have done both.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was very fair (for tough economic times in 2009) and was just under my previous compensation. I tried (unsuccessfully) to negotiate an extra week vacation to match my previous employer.

Director of Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VT Industries in December 2008.

Interview

Headhunter talked me into the telephone interview. Was a good privately held company, but I made a decision not to pursue it further since I was happy where I am.

Interview Questions