Valdosta State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valdosta State University

2.6

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valdosta State University (Valdosta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

First, the interviewer wanted to know as much about me as a person as they could. Then I was asked basic technical questions about how I would go about fixing specific issues that are common. I was also asked about my communication skills and how I would interact with my coworkers.

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valdosta State University.

Interview

Postings are no longer publicly posted at HR, you must seek the notices on-line. Job postings were not relevant to the actual position(s) available, they would truly consider applicants at any time, and wait to create a posting. Phone calls would not be responded to, it was necessary to show up in person in order to attempt to catch a manager in the office to speak with.
    Each division is different when dealing with hiring. They are their own little kingdoms.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here and take a pay cut?
      Do you realize that if you are hired for this position that you can not get a better/different position for 6 months?   1 Answer

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valdosta State University (Valdosta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

1 interview the interview is pretty easy as long as you can speak well you have the job.

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valdosta State University (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Not long, pretty brief at least 30 minutes. Most of the questions were straight to the point. I was basically asked to describe/introduce myself. We then talked about any experience I may have.

Interview Questions

• Would I be afraid of learning how to work with computers ( taking them apart/fixing them)   1 Answer

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valdosta State University (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted via phone after submitting online application. Phone interview with department head. Pay is based on your level of education and number of credit hours taught. Did not give me much time to decide since semester was about to start even though I submitted application a month earlier.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valdosta State University.

Interview

After applying online, a member of the department contacts you by telephone and schedules an interview. The interview is usually with more than one person. They are very interested in your ability to do the job and if any particular skills are mentioned in the job description they prefer you to have them. The entire process is very quick, they usually contact you the same day after the interview with a decision or 2-3 days after.

Lecturer Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews including phone and on-campus. Interviews were standard for academic interviewing, including prior academic experience and research interests as well as lesson plans, teaching philosophy, etc. First interview conducted by phone, second on campus. Third interview was same day with Dean of college in question. Hire offer was solid. For lecture position, negotiation is minimal.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valdosta State University (Valdosta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

basic Skype and then follow up with an on campus interview Discussion of , teaching styles, methods, visiting HR, discussion about benefits and salary the a
    meeting with students and dean and presentation of materials

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valdosta State University (Valdosta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and thorough. The interviewer was very approachable and humorous, and they gave me a good idea of what to expect. It was mostly going over my qualifications and teaching how to read the codes on the library books. They show you how to put the books and movies and files back in the proper order as well as how to organize microfilm. They also require you to manage the desks at some point, including how to use Galileo (the book search engine) and how to locate lost books.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for VSU?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valdosta State University in January 2014.

Interview

The first phase included a phone and Skype interview. The second phase included meeting with the search committee and presentation to group I would lead. Then I had Q&A from the department.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position to help shape office and campus culture?   Answer Question