Valence Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valence Technology

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valence Technology (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Met for lunch with the CTO, who was already familiar with my published research and the work done by my team at my then-present employer. Since he had already done his homework on my technical background, the interview was mostly to gauge my interpersonal skills and enthusiasm, which I apparently met. I had a job offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of a job gave me the most satisfaction, and what sorts or work did I tend to not enjoy   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer beat my expectations, and I accepted readily.

Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valence Technology.

Interview

The interview was not too hard. I was living out of state, and had to pay for my own way to come in for the interview. The feed back given was a lack of specific kind of work experience that could have easily been seen from my resume. I feel like they didn't value my time or personal finances as a result.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valence Technology (Austin, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the Engineering Manager. Standard interview questions and topics. Nothing surprising.

I did learn in the interview that they were in bankruptcy. Not sure if they are out yet. So there was risk there to assess.

The hired engineer will work with a team and will travel 10-20% to China. Phone calls will be required with the China team and these usually happen in the evenings.

The bankruptcy was a turn off because I think they have a product that could have a very good future.

A second interview with the engineering team was possible.

Interview Questions

• There were no truly difficult questions in this first interview.   Answer Question