Valeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Hello,
    I attended for a two round interview at Valeo, Troy MI in Jan 2018. The first round of interview was a one to one with Manager which went well. Then, I was invited for a second round of interview.
        During the second interview, I was interviewed by two team members. I did not answer to few questions. That is when, they started a sarcastic kind of interview and laughing to each other when I was unable to answer.

The whole interview made me so unhappy making me lose confidence by the end. I suggest the management in Valeo has to make sure they are sending right persons for the interview processes.
    Please send those employees who know the principles of how to conduct an interview because they are representing Valeo during that time.

I request the HR management to train Valeo Employees on how to behave during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions in a sarcastic way to make fun among themselves when I was unable to answer. This led to lose my confidence and finally gave up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egypt, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Egypt, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

i was recommended by a friend working inside the company who sent my cv to the hr team then i started the interview process within two weeks
    the process consists of multiple phases
    English exam
    tech exam
    hr interview
    technical interview

Interview Questions

• C questions like
      what is the difference between volatile and static ?
      why do you need extern ?
      what is the pointer and how to use it ?
      then asked me to write a simple c function and we had a fast conversation about my previous experience .   Answer Question

CDA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI).

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter, asking me if I was interested in working for Valeo as an intern. Received an interview a week later, it consisted of a 1 on 1, then a 2 on 1 interview. Once that concluded, I received a tour of the building and was on my way. Three weeks later, I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about C?   1 Answer
    • Explain your experiences with embedded systems?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?   Answer Question
    • What is ohms law and how is it applied in circuit analysis?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeo (Hamilton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

You go to your interview and they see what qualifications you have, so it's best to take a resume showing you have experience in a warehouse. You can basically dress casual for the interview, no need to look professional.They have about 9 of you go to an orientation for an hour, then you're sent to take your drug test.They then send you to get your free steel toed shoes. After that you wait until they call for an opening.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have pertaining to this job and can you do what is asked?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI).

Interview

Very casual. First was a call from HR to get an idea of the logistics of hiring me, if I would be moving, how long I had left in school and give me a general idea of compensation. After that HR set up a time for me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that was complete then HR called me back and they set up a time for me to have an in person interview with the hiring manager. During the in person interview I was given a tour of the facility and given my official offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you willing to travel? Why Valeo? Why automotive field? If you could own any car in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeo.

Interview

Before the interview with hiring manager, there was a short interview with the recruiter, talking about my background and visa status. Just briefly go through my resume, answered some behavioral questions, and talked about the position. Not so difficult. The hiring manager was very nice, giving you more opportunities to understand the company's culture.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valeo in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was only one round over the phone. Two interviewers were there, one reporting manager and the director of the department.
    Generally asked about my previous experience and few basic questions about my course work.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valeo (Topeka, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

basic behavioral questions, then asked if I wanted to get in networking side of things of developing. Very nice and informal interview. He let me have the floor about what I was doing in school and what my goals for the future was. I told him I have taken more developing classes in school, but I would love to learn both sides of the IT world. I think he really enjoyed that comment because his employees also had the same interests as many of could be programmers and network administrators.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Valeo's corporate North America recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in a new opportunity supporting the director of a business group. I spoke with her and sent in my resume. The following day, I was contacted via phone calls and emails to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. After three days, I was scheduled for an on-site interview with the director. The interview went well and I was given a verbal offer two days later to discuss the details. The corporate recruiter spoke with me and initiated the written offer sent via email and I had three days to accept/decline the offer. The whole process took 9 days.

Interview Questions

• Director asked about my experiences, education, interests, and what my goals were for the next five years. Also, I answered some behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

the HR one was friendly and joyful but the technical one was firm and tough. it seems he was searching about specific info and knowledge. he kept asking me more inside details.

Interview Questions

• describe pulse width modulation signal and its duty cycle   1 Answer