Valeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valeo Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

CDA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI).

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter, asking me if I was interested in working for Valeo as an intern. Received an interview a week later, it consisted of a 1 on 1, then a 2 on 1 interview. Once that concluded, I received a tour of the building and was on my way. Three weeks later, I received a job offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

the HR one was friendly and joyful but the technical one was firm and tough. it seems he was searching about specific info and knowledge. he kept asking me more inside details.

Interview Questions

• describe pulse width modulation signal and its duty cycle   1 Answer

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valeo (Greensburg, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Was scheduled for an interview in Nov 2016 at Greensburg, IN. The recruiter handling my interview made a mistake and scheduled the interview an hour ahead of the scheduled time. Luckily, I reached an hour early and so, made it in time. The recruiter told me the interview was scheduled early because of the daylight savings! (12 PM of a Friday will not change because of daylight savings time shift).
       The interview was a panel interview with 2 Hiring Managers, 1 HR Manager and the recruiter. The interview was easy, went quite well and I was made a verbal offer at the end of the plant tour following the interview. I was asked to inform them of the joining date for the offer letter.
          I e-mailed the recruiter my joining date the following week. There was no response, even after multiple follow ups via e-mail, unreturned phone calls. I was asked to e-mail the HR manager. I did that 5 times. In Jan 2017, almost 2 months after my interview, I got a reply saying that there were funding issues and that they cannot hire me.

Interview Questions

• Previous work at P&G, lean manufacturing related questions, what do you do to keep yourself organized?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI).

Interview

Very casual. First was a call from HR to get an idea of the logistics of hiring me, if I would be moving, how long I had left in school and give me a general idea of compensation. After that HR set up a time for me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that was complete then HR called me back and they set up a time for me to have an in person interview with the hiring manager. During the in person interview I was given a tour of the facility and given my official offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you willing to travel? Why Valeo? Why automotive field? If you could own any car in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valeo (Egypt, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took only 5 days, I applied online on the website... They informed me with the first Technical & English tests... They were pretty easy. I passed, then in the middle of nowhere they told me i have my technical IV at the same day which sounded very not professional then i passed and had my HR IV all at the same day!!!! I was not prepared for such a long day and they do not mention the possibility of this also they don't give feedback after the IV whether you passed or failed.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call gone through my resume and talked about job description to see if I'm interested,
    Then another longer call around (2 hours ) going through all the technical details to see how far I know in AUTOSAR and Automotive technology , then some basic C coding questions, static and dynamic architecture questions,

Interview Questions

• Describe the two use cases of BSWM in AUTOSAR software   Answer Question

Technical Lead, Systems Engineer, Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Very long, not clear and not structured, bad communication. They do not compensate the interview trip expenses! The hiring managers are biased, arrogant, technically not competent. Same is the HR. They are completely above the candidates and this culture dominates through the process. Obviously they demonstrated no respect and no appreciation. The face to face itself interview was aggressive, unpleasant, finally useless since they judge not according to merits.

Interview Questions

• What was a typical day? General speak about yourself and following question along the story about yourself.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valeo (Hamilton, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Very good. The managers are pretty friendly. It was mostly behavioral but focused on some aspects of purchasing & procurement past experience, familiarity with SAP and mostly the willingness to do the job. Interns at Valeo are for around 12-18 months.After that, based on need they may/ may not convert into full time. My only concern was that they took pretty long time (around 3 months) to complete the entire process and finalize the offer as they had some changes going on in their HR and recruiting system.

I just feel that their intern tenure should be reduced to 2-3 months. 12 months is really a long period to stay as an intern since there is no prior assurance that it will get converted into full time. (It usually converts but who knows, the uncertainty is always there!).

Interview Questions

• 1) What made you apply to this job?
      2) What do you know about procurement and sourcing?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay pretty well. So I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valeo in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was only one round over the phone. Two interviewers were there, one reporting manager and the director of the department.
    Generally asked about my previous experience and few basic questions about my course work.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Lansing, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

After my phone interview with the recruiter, she called me a few days later to schedule a face-to-face with the hiring manager. The interviewed was rescheduled, at their request, and I obliged. However, the 2nd time around, the recruiter called me and told me that the hiring manager had an emergency and requested that the meeting be rescheduled again. I agreed, and she told me to call back in a few days to set up some time, which I did: no response until a week or so later. It was then that the recruiter told me that the hiring manager, unbeknownst to the recruiter, had decided to move the position to a different region.

I found this move to be a bit suspect: if the hiring manager knew that they were going to move the position, why agree to interview me?

The recruiter apologized and said that if I found other positions, to let her know and she would forward them for me. I took her up on her offer--followed up by email--but never got a response.

This experience disappointed me. I realize that companies are inundated with candidates, but let me know where I stand in a timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer