Valeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valeo

2.9

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valeo (Reno, NV) in July 2019.

Interview

I didn't have an official interview the with the Hiring Manager--just a phone screening based on the recruiter reaching out to me. It was a waste of time and will forever discourage me from EVER applying with this organization again. The phone did not center around my skill set and experience. When I mentioned my salary expectations, the recruiter apparently was no longer interested (even though I prefaced by saying that I was negotiable). I was told that by next week, I would receive information regarding the "next steps" for the process. When that week came and I didn't receive any type update, I reached to the recruiter via email (and was ignored, of course). When I log back into the original application, I see the status of my application changed to rejected. While it's disheartening, I'm glad that I got to see the TRUE nature of this company very early. Everything happens for a reason. If a salary requirement was the reason I got the cold shoulder and ultimately rejected, then that speaks volumes about the character of people involved in this company.

R&D Engineer Interview

Interview

multiple interview process starting with the phone interview with the hiring manager and then on-site with manager from different dept. There may be an one on one with the engineering director as well

Interview Questions

• Having seen this failure that caused the significant slow down of the operation, how would you classify the problem and what will your approach be to tackle the problem step by step?   Answer Question

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (Egypt, KY) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online for this job and It took one month to call me, then I had an online test which contains 3 problems and you should solve these problems with the highest efficient code, Then I made a technical onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview based on OOP and basic algorithm, data structure knowledge, and problem-solving skills.   Answer Question

Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valeo (Seymour, IN) in August 2018.

Interview

First interview, understanding your goals at the workplace, if you know certain databases such as SAP. You have to understand the materials used, and resin used to keep up with productions

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed for a temp to hire position for 2nd shift. I worked as stamp for a little over 4 months and got hired in. It's a very good paying job and job. The managers and upper management needs alot of improvement.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

It was good experience ,
    Interviewer was friendly and enthusiactic about his work.
    The questions were more based on my resume rather than the job description posted.
    before the 1:1 interview I had to go through the screening phone call interview.
    The interview took for 40 mins long

Interview Questions

• What kind of a Engineering to want to become?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

one on one interview with 2 managers , that took an hour, formal questions about myself , my experience and my resume . then went to technical writing code . i had a feedback the next day since i was an intern in that company and had an offer pending

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself .
      went over my resume and asked me specific questions .
      write a function that takes a 1 dimensional array and return the median of the data in that array .
      function pointer and what are they used to   Answer Question

UI Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeo (San Mateo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

a recruiter contacted me in the late April. Then I went to their office for the first round tech interview. It's a little bit harder to find the door for the first time. But the interviewer is nice.
    then I got feedback from recruiter within 2 days. Went to final round within 1 week. I thought I did good, but some how it was no coming to an offer. Maybe it's because they wanted the person to have some graphic design background.

Interview Questions

• First round is 2-3 basic coding questions.
      Second round is 2 system design questions with team, one is about software module, another about is UI interface   Answer Question

Plastics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valeo.

Interview

I was asked easy behavioral questions and was asked a little about projects. Was shown around the company then told what kind of day-to-day activities I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience shaped you today.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I interviewed at Valeo (Troy, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Hello,
    I attended for a two round interview at Valeo, Troy MI in Jan 2018. The first round of interview was a one to one with Manager which went well. Then, I was invited for a second round of interview.
        During the second interview, I was interviewed by two team members. I did not answer to few questions. That is when, they started a sarcastic kind of interview and laughing to each other when I was unable to answer.

The whole interview made me so unhappy making me lose confidence by the end. I suggest the management in Valeo has to make sure they are sending right persons for the interview processes.
    Please send those employees who know the principles of how to conduct an interview because they are representing Valeo during that time.

I request the HR management to train Valeo Employees on how to behave during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions in a sarcastic way to make fun among themselves when I was unable to answer. This led to lose my confidence and finally gave up.   Answer Question