Valmont Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valmont Industries Interview Questions

Interviews at Valmont Industries

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had a phone interview (about 30 minutes). Asked very basic questions regarding job requirements. Brought in for 2 interviews in office. One was with HR, while the other was with the head of department.
    Questions from HR were very basic and about ethics, while the other interview was very unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications from your resume have prepared you to be successful for this job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Then about 40 minute in person interview, which was disorganized and confusing. Seemed to care more about whether I'd fit for the culture of the place rather than my skills.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Claremore, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Mid length interview focusing on my skills and past employment. Interview with multiple people in the company. They were friendly and inviting. The process was simple and they also included some of the job duties that would be required of me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous employment   1 Answer

Associate Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Omaha, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

First, I was given a short phone interview to discuss my qualifications and why I was interested in the job. Then, I was brought in for a 4-part, in-person interview that took about 2 and a half hours. I interviewed with the team members, hiring manager, and director of the department. I was informed that they were very eager to fill the role quickly, and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer/ manager/ employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After a verbal offer, I counter-offered and ended up getting the salary I originally wanted.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries.

Interview

One interview with HR person and Logistics Manager. Spot was open so they seemed to be in quite a hurry to find a good candidate. Whole process from applying to interview to hiring took around ten days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. A few questions clarifying experience. Other things like how do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valmont Industries in July 2014.

Interview

The process was slightly unorganized. The HR manager started the interview without the primary individuals in charge of the position being present. People came in half way thru the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and explain how you handled it   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Birmingham, AL) in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was straight forward and very smooth. I went through a job placement service so I avoided all of the typical hassles of dealing with the HR department directly. The recruiter had previoulsy met with the supervisor and was able to prepare me for the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter handled the salary negotiations but the supervisor was flexible and we came to an agreement rather quickly

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries.

Interview

Contacted by email for a phone interview. Typical star interview. Quick overview of my resume and few situation type question. It finished with an explanation of the next step and timeline

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries.

Interview

Submitted resume online through their website, about two weeks later had a phone interview with the plant manager that I would be working at. Two weeks after that was invited in for an all day interview with all members of the management team at the plant that I would work.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions were asked for the position. How would you handle a defiant employee that refused to follow safety standards, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valmont Industries in October 2011.

Interview

I had not worked for the previous four years. I received a call from a recruiter, who told me about the job and it's requirements. Thew recruiter then asked me if I could go for an interview the next day, a Friday. I went for the interview and was told that I would be starting the following Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had not worked in four years. I took what was offered because I wanted to get working again.