Valmont Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valmont Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steele, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Steele, AL).

Interview

Its a slow process. Did two interviews. You interview with 2 people, management and hr. Hr seemed to wear the pants so to speak. Re-interviewed with an HR supervisor from corporate

Interview Questions

• Whats one word that former employers and coworkers would use to describe you   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went and had a good conversation and sounded promising but I never heard anything back after multiple emails and calls to them. I had to wait till the website said that said that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What is a tough situation that you had to work through?   Answer Question

Associate Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

One hour phone interview two weeks after application was submitted on line. Called back to schedule a site interview, which lasted one hour with three people. Everyone was very friendly from the receptionist to the interviewees and human resources. They all made it very comfortable during the interviewer process to sending instructions on how to get to the building .

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries.

Interview

Submitted resume online through their website, about two weeks later had a phone interview with the plant manager that I would be working at. Two weeks after that was invited in for an all day interview with all members of the management team at the plant that I would work.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions were asked for the position. How would you handle a defiant employee that refused to follow safety standards, etc.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries.

Interview

One interview with HR person and Logistics Manager. Spot was open so they seemed to be in quite a hurry to find a good candidate. Whole process from applying to interview to hiring took around ten days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. A few questions clarifying experience. Other things like how do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valmont Industries in October 2015.

Interview

I went through a two interview process. The first interview was with HR and was mostly personality questions. The second interview was with the hiring manager and the team I would be working with at the internship. This was mostly about technical knowledge and how I would get along with the others on the team.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries.

Interview

Received call from HR contact - pre-screened and then brought in for face to face meetings. Interviewed with several layers and overall it went fairly well, although by the end of the interview I felt that I was overqualified for the role. But after I left I never heard anything back, no status updates or "no thanks - we've moved on" email.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Lead Man Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brenham, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Brenham, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They ask experience, how you would handle bad situations ect. But they already had some one else picked for the job. They were just going thru the motions of interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valmont Industries (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had a phone interview (about 30 minutes). Asked very basic questions regarding job requirements. Brought in for 2 interviews in office. One was with HR, while the other was with the head of department.
    Questions from HR were very basic and about ethics, while the other interview was very unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications from your resume have prepared you to be successful for this job?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valmont Industries in July 2014.

Interview

The process was slightly unorganized. The HR manager started the interview without the primary individuals in charge of the position being present. People came in half way thru the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and explain how you handled it   Answer Question