Value Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Value Line

2.4

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Line (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I received an email back from the HR dept and came in and took an IQ test with 12 math questions and then another longer math test. Then they gave me two company's annual stockholder reports and told me to write a 2 page analysis on whether I would invest in the company or not.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Value Line (New York, NY).

Interview

math and writing exam followed by interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Line (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the assistant IT director, and then was supposed to meet with IT director. Frankly, I think I overwhelmed the assistant. He was only in the job 3 months, and I had years more experiece then he did. I never made it to the IT director. Was told I wasn't hands on enough.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. I had more technical knowledge than the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value Line (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Math exam, Written algorithm. The people are probably nice but when I walked in and asked are there offices or just open floor concept the interviewer manager replied "only managers have offices"- this cooled me off a lot. I didn't appreciate the comment and we didn't connect afterwards, I couldn't write anything on his coding test, I felt like frozen because I was disappointed. However I made a good connection and had a good discussion with the other manager who interviewed me next but because of the disastrous interview with the first one there was no continuation.

Interview Questions

Interview

Formal, easy, just a b c of computer programming, design, business analysis. Work experience -very brief. two-step process, brief phone screening plus f2f with four people individually, which preceded by a simplest math test, some trivial/regular high-school Qs.
    Decision was made practically on the spot: same day offer viea a recruiter.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value Line (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

You had to take some sort of IQ test. I got an 85%.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company's position was take it or leave it. The seemed to imply there are many more where you (meaing me came from).

Stock Market Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Value Line.

Interview

First screening interview with recruitment manager, second interview with division manager - more thorough with specific financial questions but not something very difficult. Questions that the average bachelors student can answer