Value Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Value Partners

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Value Partners.

Interview

Typical market sizing and business cases. Prepare as any other consulting firm interview
    It is important to prepare very well the fit as you are applying for a more "entrepreneurial" company and they will make sure that you know it. Also, make sure you know about the history of the company (who set up the company, etc)

Interview Questions

• How many passengers go through Dubai airport every year?
      A bank's revenues are decreasing, why?
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Value Partners (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

On Campus application, GMAT, case-based interview. I was interviewed by two senior associates (same day), two senior engagement managers (same day) and one partner. All interviews were case based, using skills to swim through the data, quantify markets and/or propose action plans. Some real client cases were used as well (but real names were not informed).

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Value Partners (Milano (Italy)).

Interview

Basic introduction and questions from the CV. After that, some juniors made me some business cases, quiz
    Including a business case scenario with some figures and then several intelligent quiz. mostly they just want to see how you come up with the answer instead of how fast you are able to give them an answer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Value Partners in May 2012.

Interview

First part in English the second one in Italian.
    Mostly questions about personality and motivation.
    IT lasted approximately 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions, no one was really difficult or hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Value Partners (Istanbul (Turkey)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was looking for the consulting positions in Mangement Consulting firms. While I was searching for that kind of firms in Turkey I saw Value Partners and asked about it to my friends. I tried to apply online but because of the problem that web site has I was unable to send. Then I decided to find the HR guy from linkedin. I've asked him if the problem in web site will be fixed. He said I can take your application via mail. I've sent my CV to him. After 20 days I've been called for an interview. The interviewer first asked me about my background and then talked about Value Partners'. Then he asked me two case study question. One of them was included quantitative questions. The other was more verbal. I answered both of them. I think I was more succesful on quantitative one. In the verbal question it was very difficult to reach the solution. But I think they we more looking to the questions that you ask to reach the solution. He said there will be 2 more interview and the interview with partner and an offer. I hope I can see all the phases.

Interview Questions

• How many baber is there in Istanbul?   Answer Question
    • A tire company's profit decreased last year. Why do you think did it happened?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Value Partners (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2012.

Interview

First you need to apply with your CV, then they call you for a Gmat test. The test is quite challanging, but doable if you are trained in GMAT. Later they call you for the 1rst interview. If you pass, you have a second interview with a different Manager. If you pass both interviews, you are in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Partners (Istanbul (Turkey)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview consists of personal experience questions and a business case.
    The interviewer was not structured, and the interviewer was not prepared for the interview. There was not an actual case, but the interviewer made it up the case and all the number during the interviewer. Therefore it was really hard to form a structure. The feedback was not helpful. (The only feedback was that I should write M instead of putting 6 zeros which was funny:)
    The interviewer was continuously comparing their firm with Mckinsey, makes me feel like she still has a pain from her rejection from Mckinsey:)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Value Partners (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with CV screening and then we were invited to a case day which consisted of only 1 case and a presentation completed as a group of 4 or 5. They provided detailed information on case and most of the people from the office was present there. They observed our soft skills at all times. The caseday was fun and there was a coctail at the end of the they were we get a chance to learn about the office and people. Then we were invited for 2 distinct one to one interviews. The first one was quite generic, however I was asked a brean teaser question and then I did a case of competitive response and game theory. The second one was a fascinating interview which was mainly finance based and extremeley hard. I learned a lot from this interview and I was really challanged, it took around 2.5 hours and I had no idea how it went. The final interview was a discussion with the Turkish partner, it took about 30-45 minutes where we discussed my personality, past experiences and my questions about consulting. As a comparison with other consulting firms, I might say that this was the only company which is interested in my personality, personal motives and desires, and my willingness for consulting. I liked everyone I met here and enjoyed the interviewing process a lot. It's a small office and it has a great atmosphere which you felt at every second of interviewing process. I especially recommend the second round interview since it has aspects which everyone can learn from.

Interview Questions

• Very open ended question on finance   1 Answer