Vanquish Marketing Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanquish Marketing Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.0

Events & Promotions Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was offered an interview and was told to call HR to schedule a time. After speaking with the HR rep I found that the job description is misleading. You're not applying for the Events & Promotions Coordinator position, you're applying to become a sales representative and possibly get promoted to this position. I declined the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of role do you see yourself taking in the future?   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Just a normal interview, he asked me only one question abt my resume and the rest was all about the job and the company.
    The interviewer was nice but it was all abt trying to convince me with the job. They replied after 2 hrs and i declined thejob because it was not suitable for me

Promotions Assistant and Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. The woman I spoke with asked me questions about my past work experience as well as my educational background. She let me know more information about Vanquish and also answered a couple of my questions. I found that refreshing since a number of other receptionists just pushed my question off on to someone else.

Once I arrived at the office, I filled out an application and was able to review some of their clients in the lobby. I was seen within about 5/6 minutes of my interview. I meet with one of the managers who provided more information on the history of the company, day to day, training and growth opportunities. He also answered a number of my questions but I only had a few since he was pretty thorough.

The second interview was at a promotion of theirs, giving me a chance to see exactly what the first interview discussed. I meet with another manager who broke down for me the training and the skill sets that are taught, the schedule, compensation, more information about growth, the mentor and trainer programs, etc. Finally, I was asked to provide information as to why I would be an asset to Vanquish Marketing Group.

The third interview was a chance to uncover any final questions if any. They went back over everything that was mentioned in the first and second interview and I left with no lingering questions.

Interview Questions

• What current skill sets could you apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • What is something that you feel you are lacking but want to give ample attention to improve?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Event Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring process consist of 3 interviews. 1. Resume review / company overview 2. In the field to a local client which is a Sam's Club or Costco to preview what is expected. At the end of the interview you are asked to email the manager what your goals are in the next five years and how Vanquish fits in.. 3. The offer negotiations.

Interview Questions

• why someone with my background would want to apply for the training position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Ontario, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview felt more like a pitch to work here rather than an interview. It also seemed similar to a reverse pyramid scheme. No matter the position you apply for, you would start as a minimum wage sales representative. On the second interview, I had arrived to a Cosco located in Montclair so that I can have an idea of what I would be doing and so that they can review my sales skills. Unfortunately, no one from the company was actually there and the Cosco manager had never heard of the company. Complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Ontario, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume got a call in a day went to the interview which was pretty laid back and easy. They mostly explained about the company growth and success over the past 5 years.

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I honestly would not consider it an interview. The interviewer spent the entire time trying to sell me on the position and didn't ask me a single question about my qualifications or experience. During the first "interview" I was even told what compensation would be, which was only ten dollars an hour, plus a small a small commission. I made more per hour during my time in undergrad. Do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Can you live off of $600 a week?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very odd experience. I applied, got a call back, and arranged for an interview the next day. That night I researched the company, and found quite a few people complaining of applying for one job, then being told the job was actually sales. The morning of the interview somebody from the company called to confirm, and I asked a few pointed questions about what job I was actually interviewing for, and what the company actually did - she was very vague, but I agreed to come in anyway. She called me back twenty minutes later and explained that while everyone must start in sales, I would crosstrain in events, and hopefully be promoted in about a year. I kindly said no thank you, but was glad she did call back and let me know not to waste my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It slow once you go there, it's like 15-20 min behind on the interview schedule.
    Fairly good, not much of a tough going process, was asked about my experience in marketing and sales.
    And asking me about traveling to other states site location of the company, Overall good experience and exposure for candidates looking for entry level start in a career.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

My experience interviewing with Vanquish Marketing is very similar to others here. I was brought in to interview for an event coordinator role, yet once I sat down for the interview it was very clear that this was a sales position. My interviewer made it clear that regardless of your experience or education that you would need to go through a 4-6 week training to learn marketing the "Vanquish" way.

This company advertises itself as a direct marketing company, claiming that indirect channels such as radio, television, flyers, etc. do not work. Instead, the "Vanquish" way involves overseeing a booth at Costco or Sam's Club where you sell another company's products to store members. Vanquish claims that their accelerated path to management can take a 3-5 year process and put it into 7-12 months. In reality, the management position that you attain is merely a role that allows you to be the employee overseeing the management of the actual event booths occurring at Costco or Sam's. It made me very uneasy to learn that while I applied for an event coordinator role today, I would have to wait 7-12 months selling products just so I could learn the "Vanquish" way of doing things.

The pay for this sales position is $10/hr base rate plus commission. My interviewer mentioned that there is no cap on commissions, and some employees are able to make upwards of six figures. While this sounds nice in practice, my impression was that it is very unlikely that you can receive this actual paycheck unless you push 50+ hours a week and allow yourself to become burned out.

Overall, my biggest beef with Vanquish lies in the fact that they tried numerous ways to spin their office as a marketing company that is able to churn out a great deal of growth through strategic partnerships. In the end, this company is merely a middle man that misleads applicants into sales positions where you do the grunt work for larger companies.

I strongly encourage anyone interviewing with Vanquish to take all of the interviews shared here on Glassdoor seriously. For all of the time this position spends in Costco, you may as well look there for employment.

Interview Questions

• Vanquish prides itself on fostering a student mentality, strong work ethic, and instilling problem solving skills. Which of these three is your weakness?   Answer Question

I declined because I am looking to work for a marketing agency. This company is a middle-man whose employees are salesmen pushing other company's products.