Vanquish Marketing Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2018

2.0

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple and upfront. The interviewer was very nice and answered all my questions. Very honest and concise details about the Company's objectives. I got to see first hand how the events take place and the culture of the company. The atmosphere was very relaxed and it was clear what my role would be if I came on board.

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Corona, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

3 step interview process. First was the phone interview which they set up a second interview and asked very vague questions about your future. Next was an on-site interview at a Costco where I observed 3 marketers selling pizza and giving samples. Third was meeting with the head manager of the office to make sure everything was understood and the opportunity was shown.

Interview Questions

• If I had steady transportation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It slow once you go there, it's like 15-20 min behind on the interview schedule.
    Fairly good, not much of a tough going process, was asked about my experience in marketing and sales.
    And asking me about traveling to other states site location of the company, Overall good experience and exposure for candidates looking for entry level start in a career.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was informative. I had a lot of questions based on the research I conducted and they were very friendly and answered them all very honestly. They had many resources and references of what they do in detail as well as photos of events and team activities. This really showed right off the bat that there was culture.

Interview Questions

• Am I looking for full time? Is the schedule something I am comfortable with? Was the explanation of the job description clear? How would employment here work to help me achieve my professional goal? What would make me an asset to the firm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Ontario, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume got a call in a day went to the interview which was pretty laid back and easy. They mostly explained about the company growth and success over the past 5 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Ontario, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview felt more like a pitch to work here rather than an interview. It also seemed similar to a reverse pyramid scheme. No matter the position you apply for, you would start as a minimum wage sales representative. On the second interview, I had arrived to a Cosco located in Montclair so that I can have an idea of what I would be doing and so that they can review my sales skills. Unfortunately, no one from the company was actually there and the Cosco manager had never heard of the company. Complete waste of my time.

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Pasadena, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was average. 3 interviews with questions surrounding culture and commitment. Be ready to think critically as problem solving is a necessary skill. Don't be afraid to speak up and suggest. Loved working for the company.

Salesman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group.

Interview

There are many offices like this one spread out throughout the Southern California Region. Their ads aim to attract people with a Marketing background, or namely sales background. It starts with a phone interview, which assesses basic questions like where you live, what you are currently doing, background, etc. Then they will send you to an "onsite" location where they work, which is either at a Costco, Sams Club, or grocery store like Albertsons. They have a booth set up (vendors) inside, where they have you watch them talk to people and watch how they sell things.

Afterwards, they sit down with you at the food court and ask questions assessing your psych of how motivated you are to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Just seem like you want it. Doesn't matter what you say.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage forever. No promotions until you earn the "Management" Achievement,

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

My experience interviewing with Vanquish Marketing is very similar to others here. I was brought in to interview for an event coordinator role, yet once I sat down for the interview it was very clear that this was a sales position. My interviewer made it clear that regardless of your experience or education that you would need to go through a 4-6 week training to learn marketing the "Vanquish" way.

This company advertises itself as a direct marketing company, claiming that indirect channels such as radio, television, flyers, etc. do not work. Instead, the "Vanquish" way involves overseeing a booth at Costco or Sam's Club where you sell another company's products to store members. Vanquish claims that their accelerated path to management can take a 3-5 year process and put it into 7-12 months. In reality, the management position that you attain is merely a role that allows you to be the employee overseeing the management of the actual event booths occurring at Costco or Sam's. It made me very uneasy to learn that while I applied for an event coordinator role today, I would have to wait 7-12 months selling products just so I could learn the "Vanquish" way of doing things.

The pay for this sales position is $10/hr base rate plus commission. My interviewer mentioned that there is no cap on commissions, and some employees are able to make upwards of six figures. While this sounds nice in practice, my impression was that it is very unlikely that you can receive this actual paycheck unless you push 50+ hours a week and allow yourself to become burned out.

Overall, my biggest beef with Vanquish lies in the fact that they tried numerous ways to spin their office as a marketing company that is able to churn out a great deal of growth through strategic partnerships. In the end, this company is merely a middle man that misleads applicants into sales positions where you do the grunt work for larger companies.

I strongly encourage anyone interviewing with Vanquish to take all of the interviews shared here on Glassdoor seriously. For all of the time this position spends in Costco, you may as well look there for employment.

Interview Questions

• Vanquish prides itself on fostering a student mentality, strong work ethic, and instilling problem solving skills. Which of these three is your weakness?   Answer Question

I declined because I am looking to work for a marketing agency. This company is a middle-man whose employees are salesmen pushing other company's products.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanquish Marketing Group.

Interview

There are 3 interviews, 2 of them are in the office and 1 is in the field with one of their Campaign Managers. This process is nice to see what they actually do and make a sound judgement to join their team. This is a great job if you are out of college and don't have any other options. If you are experienced in the field, don't waste your time because they don't pay very well and benefits well there are none.