Vascular Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.4

Logistics Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with Jon Rasmussen for about 40 minutes. Cordial straight forward uncomplicated.
    Decision made. His comment to me during the interview was that my response to his question regarding hostility (although it made me wonder why would he ask that?). He asked me why would someone with my ability accept an entry level job? I explained it was for the money.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if hostile situation developed with work associate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

First point of contact was a email to set up a phone screening, the phone screening was fairly basic just getting to know me then scheduling a virtual interview since i was 300 miles away. The virtual interview was 30 min with two HR reps, both were pretty average engineering interviews. Was contacted about a week later to come on location expenses paid. This interview consisted of 5 rounds of 30 min interviews with engineers, again very average engineering questions. Was told i would know in 2 weeks, was contacted about 2.5 weeks later to be told it would be another 2 to 3 weeks so that they can go over budget but were very interested in me. Contacted 2.5 weeks later to be told the summer internship program was cut and that they would be not offering any internships this summer. Total interviewing process time was 2.5 months.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

Found out about the position through my University Career Fair. Initial interview was a phone interview and second interview was on site interview with 2 people in HR. Both interviewers were friendly and the interviews both went pretty well. No offer extended however.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly typical interview questions. Some behavioral and some general questions.   Answer Question

Microbiology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

A brief phone interview with HR then a sit down (30 mins) with the hiring manager and 30 mins with HR. On the phone it was stressed that they have a very casual atmosphere so I needn't worry about dressing up for the interview. Overall everyone I encountered was very pleasant and easy to talk with. It seemed like the company is set to expand a lot and what I saw of the facility was impressive.

Interview Questions

• The HR rep seemed very focused on what I make now versus what I they would offer me. Made me suspect that they extent willing to match my current salary.   Answer Question

Quality Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions (Maple Grove, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with someone from human resources. Then I had a in person interview 1 week later with 2 engineers and the same human resources personnel. The interviews seemed to go well, but the next day I got an email saying they had decided to pursue other candidates. It seemed like they had an in-house candidate who was almost just being handed the job, so they just decided to waste my time. Since they didn't even have the decency to call to tell me I didn't get it, I decided to not even consider this company while searching for jobs in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you had being in charge of a project and the results   Answer Question

MedDevice Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions.

Interview

Applied online. Only had one phone interview so far.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very easy and straightforward. (why did you choose your major, what are you interested in..)   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions.

Interview

Applied for job as it was posted. I had worked as an assembler there for a number of years before moving in to this position. When I first went to interview with Vascular it was a start up Company so it was a 1-1 interview with CEO and Lead for manufacturing. Asked about my medical background.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what I knew about Vascular Solutions and how I knew what the company was about.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was through the HR director who is very nice and pleasant to talk to. After applying to the position through their application process I was invited for a phone interview. I was not entirely pleased with the application process because you are asked to fill out an application and to provide information which there was often not enough space to provide. For example, when filling in job descriptions and supervisor name/title/contact info there is not enough room to provide any amount of detail. For most titles, I had to abbreviate as much as possible.

I passed the initial phone screening and was invited to an onsite interview. I was provided with a list of names and job titles of those attending the interview and the format. However, I was not provided with a detailed itinerary so did not know with whom I'd be meeting when and for how long. I met with 7 people, 3 groups of 2 and one 1:1. I was a little displeased with with not knowing who was going to come in the door next because it did not allow me to be as prepared. However, I've interviewed in worse situations where the company wouldn't even provide me with job titles when I asked. I was also displeased because the interview felt more like an interrogation and not all interviewers showed up on time (i.e. some interviewers would walk in 5 minutes late while I was in the middle of being asked questions by the second interviewer). Additionally, each interview lasted for about 30 minutes, which left me with very little to no time to ask questions of my own.

The one bit of advice I can offer other interviewers is to practice and be prepared for all of the typical behavioral based interview questions. I was caught off guard when I shouldn't have been.

The job opportunity was a great one, but I was unsure of the company from almost the very beginning. My perception of the people is that they are too rushed and not the friendliest. Some of them seemed to have little interest in participating in my interview at all. It was stressed many times that the work culture is very fast paced and expects employees to take personal responsibility for all actions. The best thing I can say about the experience is that the HR director is very responsive and friendly. I wasn't expecting to receive the job offer, but thought long and hard about what my decision would have been if I did. I'm pretty sure I would have turned down the position because of the company culture and that's saying a lot in this tough job market when jobs aren't readily available.

Interview Questions

• What is professional? Why should we hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vascular Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

I only got a phone interview, but the HR representative was very nice. The first 5 minutes where "get to know you" questions about your interests, hobbies, etc. The rest was behavioral based questions and some time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself- where you are from, what your hobbies are, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

Interview

I applied for the Marketing Analyst Position through the company website. The following day I received a call from the HR manager to set up a phone interview. I went through the phone interview process the next day. The questions were very general; what are your interests? What was your most challenging class in college? Why do you want this position?
    After the phone interview the HR manager called and asked if I could do a video interview since I lived out of state. I agreed and the following week had an interview with the same HR manager via Go to Meeting online. The questions were a bit tougher such as; what do you think professional means? What would impede your ability to complete your job? etc.
    The hiring manager was very nice and easy to talk to. She got back to me the following Monday saying the company was moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer