Vector Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vector Security

2.4

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vector Security (Gainesville, VA).

Interview

I got the job through a temp agency so I was never interviewed for the job. It consisted of me sitting with one of the staffing members at Accounttemps. I had to perform on a couple of IQ tests to see my level of understanding and a few excel tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not get a chance to negotiate the pay

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vector Security (Princeton, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

was not very long. met with regional manager and area vp. both those positions are now dissolved. did not get clear picture of what was going on at company from anyone

Interview Questions

• how are you goitng to fix issues...only problem I did not know what the issues were.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vector Security (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

They are easy to get hired for if you have a clean background. They ask basic questions. They hire many people and see who will stick. No the the place I would want to work for unless I wanted to sell a lot and get paid a little.

Interview Questions

• This was a lay down they will hire you and then it is up to you to work many hours and 6 days a week. If you are willing they are willing to let you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE VERY BAD

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Vector Security (Gainesville, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The process started in December, finalized over 9 months later. A very long time to wait to be on-boarded. Was brought in on a flight, delivered by cab, and the interview took about 1 hour, tour and introductions 1 hour, and back to the airport.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vector Security in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was brief and simple. No tough questions were asked. I wish more details were explained better. Especially, about pay guarantee for the first 3 months. At first, it sounds great. But each month it dwindles and after your third month, goes to commission only, which is really tough in this type of industry.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Security.

Interview

The interview consisted of standard interview questions, mostly a dialogue about the products sold, the territory in which to sell and how to sell the product to businesses and residents. You find out that you are paid by 100% commission. The interview was very easy going, relaxed and not the hardest questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with making 100% of your salary through commission after the 3 month training/ grace period? Are you comfortable with selling product solutions to your sphere of influence?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vector Security (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

There is a speed typing test, and 2 separate interviews, they are looking for customers service oriented people. There is also a Personality test, they are looking for nice and helpful people, that is something that can't be taught, HR said, you either are or your not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irate customer and didn't have the answer to the question they were asking.   1 Answer
    • They are looking for helpful and overall nice people   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vector Security (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Submitted application and received a call back a few days later. Interviewed with the manager and went through the drug screening and background check. Hired 2 weeks later. The interviewing manager was very nice as was the HR representative. The only negative was the pay schedule. You get paid once per month.

Interview Questions

• Pick one word that best describes you   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Alarm Monitoring Agents Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vector Security (Warrendale, PA) in November 2018.

Interview

I felt that the interactions we had were very friendly and almost informal throughout the interview process. It was conversational and relaxed. One phone interview and two live interviews were scheduled. There was an online assessment before the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers? What type of management style do you like or have you disliked?   1 Answer