Venable LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Venable LLP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.1

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venable LLP in August 2017.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager and 2 partners. Was told to expect that it will 45 minutes. Interview was super quickly set up within a day or so of application. Interview process sounds like a 2 round process.

VTC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with the manager and lead. Interview was conducted on site. The manager was at another office so they joined in via VTC. Went over my background in the field, the job requirements and general talk about how the day goes. Was asked some technical questions related to AV/VTC. Concluded with a meeting with HR.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with WebEx?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venable LLP.

Interview

The interview process was extremely lengthy and in-depth: 2 phone interviews, 2 face-to-face interviews, and 3 tests. My first phone interview was with the recruiter; the 2nd was with the hiring manager; my first in-person interview was with the hiring manager and another senior person on the team; and the last interview was with the CMO. After my last interview, it took another week and a half for a decision to be made.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about specific times during my professional career, and how I handled them.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview after applying via a recruiter. Interviewer was very friendly and her questions were based upon my resume to gauge my skill set and fit for the open position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?
      How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Interview

The process went really great. I seemingly impressed the hiring manager and the attorneys who were seeking an assistant. There were three attorneys who seemed to be very nice and intelligent who I thought knew what they wanted in an assistant only to discover later that after having offered me the position three weeks later they said it wasn't a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had already spoken with my recruiter in regards tonsalarybandnwas given what I asked for.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interviews on two separate days. The first one was with a recruiter, whose job it was to determine whether my skills and experience matched the needs of the position. The second was with four attorneys on the team, which included a meeting with the hiring partner. The meeting with the attorneys on the team was straightforward. Just getting to know me. The third meeting, sandwiched between two associates and the chair of the practice was the hiring partner. It didn't seem like he was interested in my skills, rather the marks on my transcript.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venable LLP.

Interview

Applied through their website. They responded within 2 weeks with an interview request. This was just a preliminary interview and I interviewed with an HR representative. She asked me a few behavioral questions as well as questions about my resume. During this visit, they also had me meet with the head of the patent group, which was not planned. He asked similar behavior questions as well as questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a over the phone interview. I then interviewed with the IT Managers. They asked technical questions and also did a call roll play.

Interview Questions

• Name the OSI Layers and describe what each layer is for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

IT Service and Hardware Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call from HR regarding my resume. I was brought in for an interview which was with HR and the IT manager and then received a call and offered the position

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Baltimore, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with several partners and associates, very friendly and welcoming, interview was long but gave good impression of firm. Got to see the office and meet a lot of people.