Venable LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Career Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen followed by an in-person interview. Although I did not get the role, it was BY FAR, the best interview experience I have had. The recruiter was timely with her communication, she was compassionate and resourceful when telling me that I did not get the position, and the hiring manager was enthusiastic and has since followed up with other opportunities that I might pursue. Venable has left everyone in the dust with respect to their recruiting/interview process. They are the gold standard. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Baltimore, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with several partners and associates, very friendly and welcoming, interview was long but gave good impression of firm. Got to see the office and meet a lot of people.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venable LLP.

Interview

The interview went great. HR mgrs made things easier. I guess it is normal practice to meet with the recruiters first and the. Meet with the hiring manager. Never had I experience such a thing but we’ll get through it

Interview Questions

• Why should I pick you to work for this company.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venable LLP in August 2017.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager and 2 partners. Was told to expect that it will 45 minutes. Interview was super quickly set up within a day or so of application. Interview process sounds like a 2 round process.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I was emailed directly by a recruiter. I was told they saw my profile on LinkedIn and was very impressed with my skills and qualifications. They asked if I was interested in a phone interview and I accepted. Two days later we had a phone interview which went extremely well. The recruiter said I was a great candidate for the position and they wanted to present me to the Manager I would report to if hired. The recruiter said she would be in contact with me in a few days. A week and a half later I sent an email to check-in. No response until 2 days later. In the email the recruiter said the manager reviewed my resume and decided to continue to look for a candidate with the skills and qualifications needed for the position. I was shocked. I have been doing this type of work for 15yrs. My skills and qualifications met the requirements and my resume read basically just like the job posting. I am at a loss as to why it was determined I was not qualified for the position when I clearly was. I asked if they could tell me which skills and qualifications I was missing to help me in my future searches. They have not replied.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a over the phone interview. I then interviewed with the IT Managers. They asked technical questions and also did a call roll play.

Interview Questions

• Name the OSI Layers and describe what each layer is for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical of the way interviews are conducted these days: video conference with recruiter, in person interview with manager, in person interview with hiring attorney. I received an offer via e-mail approximately a week later, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview after applying via a recruiter. Interviewer was very friendly and her questions were based upon my resume to gauge my skill set and fit for the open position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?
      How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Interview

The process went really great. I seemingly impressed the hiring manager and the attorneys who were seeking an assistant. There were three attorneys who seemed to be very nice and intelligent who I thought knew what they wanted in an assistant only to discover later that after having offered me the position three weeks later they said it wasn't a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had already spoken with my recruiter in regards tonsalarybandnwas given what I asked for.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Venable made associates feel welcoming and assigned offices to them while the interviewers moved from office to office. All interviewees were also given a tour of the office. The structure of the firm and the practice areas were discussed. The firm followed up with housing options after acceptance of job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Venable?   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venable LLP (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interviews on two separate days. The first one was with a recruiter, whose job it was to determine whether my skills and experience matched the needs of the position. The second was with four attorneys on the team, which included a meeting with the hiring partner. The meeting with the attorneys on the team was straightforward. Just getting to know me. The third meeting, sandwiched between two associates and the chair of the practice was the hiring partner. It didn't seem like he was interested in my skills, rather the marks on my transcript.