Vera Bradley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.5

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was amazing, I applied at midnight one day, and by the end of the next day I was emailed for a interview. Went to my interview it was amazing if you are social, and patience, and actually talk they will love you. The team is really nice. I was hired same day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It was easy to apply.
     Next day I got a call for interview schedule. It was easy interview , but they didn't select me, though I did well. I liked to proceed with other application.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

the store manager asked very basic questions, but was strange and I could tell when I walked in the store that they were judging me. I've worked for this company before so I was surprised how different the stores could be and it was just a very bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, very basic but I could tell she wasn't listening to what I was saying.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vera Bradley.

Interview

First you are called and screened on the phone, then you come in for an interview. If they like you, you get called in for another. There may be one more interview with the store manager or the district manager before you are offered the job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vera Bradley in September 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was extremely lengthy. The company did not stick to their time line. They seemed to lead me on to believe I was a top
    candidate. A few weeks later they sent a
    Generic form reject letter via email. I would expect a more professional means of communication, particularly because of the brand reputation. I was extremely disappointed with the communication from a company known to have high standards.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Vera Bradley and why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was originally very excited about interviewing with Vera Bradley but by the end of the process, even if they had offered me a position I would have been tempted not to take it. The process took over three months which only had two interviews- a phone interview and an in person interview at the home office. They rarely followed through on following up with me by deadlines that THEY set. And, after the in-person interview where they gave every indication that they'd be hiring me, they waited a further three weeks before telling me that they decided not to have an internship at all. I do not recommend applying there.

Colorist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume to a recruiter and received a call back. Had a phone interview but not with the person I was told I would be interviewing with. Had a second phone interview with another person, still not the person I was supposed interview with. This was not a good sign but I agreed to a third interview. They flew me out to Fort Wayne. I interviewed with 6 different groups, this was half a day affair. Last group interview was with the person I was originally scheduled to interview with, when she arrive, late, she had not even read my resume and I do not think she was aware of my qualifications or experience. It was a long process and somewhat chaotic, possibly a sign of a poor organization.

Interview Questions

• Would I relocate to Fort Wayne?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vera Bradley.

Interview

Short interview with the store manager. They also ask about your other job you may have and what your schedule there is. Once seasonal employment was over they may want you to stay as part time, then you will need to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only thing I had to negotiate on was them working around my full time work schedule. This part was easy.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was multi leveled, and response time was great. HR response was within 2 weeks. The process was explained step by step and there was no guessing on my part about what to expect next.

Interview Questions

• How my previous leadership experience would help me in this position.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vera Bradley (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a call the next day to set up an interview. Three days later I went into the store for the interview. The interview took place in the storage room. The interviewer had my resume printed and asked me questions about my past employments. She was very kind and very talkative. Next the other store manager came in and she also asked my about my background. Once this was completed they both had me go out into the store and attempt to sale them on travel supplies. Over all the interview took about 20 minutes and was very simple.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question