Verizon Connect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon Connect (Rolling Meadows, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screening which was pretty simple and straightforward. I was called into interview on site with the manager and the interview process was mostly conversational... guided by behavioral questions and “describe a time...” questions. That was over about 2 hours long. I shadowed the team that I was going to be on and spoke with some of the representatives, then I was called back to interview with the AD. Which was very similar to to the manager interview and about an hour. They offered me the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced adversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Connect.

Interview

Phase one was interesting. I had to videotape myself answering questions. 78 hours to complete the interview on your own time. You can only record yourself once, but there is ample time to come up with a response.

Interview Questions

• Why VerizonConnect? How do you stay up to data with CS innovations? Tell us about a time that you worked on a team and you all were trying to share ideas. How did you come down to one idea?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Connect in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter based out of Chicago, IL, though the position was in Toronto, Canada. The recruiter messed up the interview schedule a couple of times, but I was able to get 2 phone interviews with the director for the team that was hiring.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write the FizzBuzz program.

2. Implement a linked list class to store characters. Add all the letters of the alphabet to the linked list. Print the list forward Print the list backwards
      SQL: Assuming you have a command called ExecuteSql, and a ISQL session (interactive sql command line).
      Create a table called characters, and insert all the characters in your new table (1 row per character. Create a copy of your characters table called characters_new Remove the original table Delete everything that is not "W" from the characters new table.

3. Telogis deals with many gigabytes of line data (street segments), initially this data is in the form, vectors of pairs of doubles (latitude and longitude coordinates in degrees). The input data has a resolution of approx 16cm.
      Assume there are about 120 million points that represent about 30 million street links. This data needs to be available in order to answer arbitrary queries, a normal query would probably only return a few tens of street segments. Each end of a street may also include a 4 bit z-level component.
      Suggest a storage structure for this data. The structure should consider the speed of loading data from a disk-vs-processing done on the data after retrieval. Suggest an indexing method and retrieval system for your structure.
      An example query would be to return all the streets within 3 miles of a given point   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Connect.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair and we talked for almost 30 minutes. Afterward he told me to apply online. I got a behavioral video interview questions and I completed it. I still have not heard back, but I recently got an email asking if I was still interested in the position. I think it is a slow process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Verizon connect and which roles would you be most interested in?   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Connect (Atlanta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Total of 8.5 hours of interviews and a design challenge. Kicked off with a 1 hour phone call with manager, then Asked to complete a 3 part design challenge. Then asked to meet a few senior members of the team and present the challenge to the them. A 5.5 hour interview with pretty much every team member where I presented every hour, then finally a 1 hour meeting with the director.

Challenge details-

1. Visual Challenge: create mild to wild themed (up to 3 variations) for all given screens (around 9 screens). They expect high quality, fully flushed comps for all 3 designs, and for you to annotate the themes and explain rational. And not to forget your process.

2. IA/UX Challenge: create two different versions w/rearranged flows to show how a user might experience the auto health feature. Also they ask for your process and if that includes user research then ensure you have user feedback/insights to back up your designs etc. And again, anotate, explain rational and process.

3. Motion Challenge: pick two areas of design (now or existing UX) and add some elements of motion, animation, transitions, icon animations, etc. Annotate motion/animation, explain rational, and what does the motion add to the experience.

The entire process was allot of work, I had 3 days to complete the challenge, none of which I am new to. If I had not been fortunate enough to of had the week off work the challenge would have been extremely unrealistic in the time frame I was given, 3 days. I would be amazed if anyone still in a full time job could complete it. I do not understand what it achieves when you present proof of your experience and abilities in your in your resume and portfolio.

Whilst interviewing I was given the impression I was a good candidate for the role, and at one point told I was the only one left running. After the first week of interviewing with Verizon I was made another offer from a company, when I informed the manager I was put in a pretty difficult situation as he couldn’t speed up the hiring process and decided to drag it out. I ended up loosing my opportunity getting hired by that other company and lost the chance of another awesome career and chance of a great future.

The whole 3 weeks of this hiring process was an absolute disappointment and I really believe needs to be thought through again. They did in no way take my time into consideration. What a let down.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with presenting to stakeholders without looking at notes?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got emailed for a video interview, the questions were all behavioral. They were easy and after a few weeks I got notified that I moved on to the phone screening stage.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Connect (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied through college and got invited for an in person interview. Had to send a repeated follow-up emails to get the status of the interview since they turned a blind eye to the follow-up emails and didn't get back in the time they promised. Overall an unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, projects and technologies. Questions were mostly from the resume.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Connect (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Very courteous and I got the impression both interviewers actually cared and weren’t just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous experience e could be considered project management, even if you weren’t titled a project manager necessarily.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Connect.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews, one introductory call and one presentation. The presentation included a previous project as a work example, and the presentation of a "data dive" mini-project that was assigned at the time of the first call.

Interview Questions

• "What did you learn from this experience? Did you find the 'truth'?"   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Connect (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A manager contacted me on LinkedIn. The process was easy, we stayed in contact all the way through, and I did not have to wait too long for next steps after each interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me analyze data and present any interesting findings.   Answer Question

End User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Connect (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via email to setup a phone interview. Setting up a time for the interview was very simple and quick. The interviewer contacted me and almost their first question was, "Do you have any Active Directory experience?" Please note that the job listing did not have any mention of AD experience needed, but I was informed that the job in question would entail mostly active directory. This abruptly ended the interview. In the future, all required skills necessary for a position should be listed as both my time and the interviewer's time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Active Directory experience?   1 Answer