Vertica Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Vertica

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vertica

Found 19 candidate interviews
Featured Interview
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vertica (Bangalore)

Interview

I connected to a recruiter for a suitable role and was contacted for interview. I attended 3 rounds of interview each taking more than an hour with over 5 members in the panel. After every round I got a positive feedback. I answered 90% of their questions correctly and was very satisfied overall. For a week I was promptly contacted by the recruiter for each round and got immediate feedback. The nightmare started after the interviews. I had discussed before that as I am on notice period, I wanted a position that needs immediate hiring. The hiring manager was v pleased to hear that I could join soon. After the third round I did not hear back from the recruiter. So I made a follow up call and I was told that the overall feedback was 'pretty positive' from everyone. And that he would let me know after meeting with the team. After no updates for a week I called again and was told someone in the team was on a holiday. This week I received an automated rejection email for the position. I understand completely if they found a better candidate, however what I did not understand was why no feedback? After interviewing a candidate for 3 hours you can atleast share an honest feedback. I am very disappointed but going by the way they treat a candidate I wouldn't be interested in being part of such an organisation.

Interview Questions
  • basic java questions basic selenium questions http status codes basic linux
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertica (United States) in Sep 2020

Interview

Recruiter approached and then on process was pretty quick One take home assessment One telephonic round Five virtual onsite rounds I dont think they have any intention to take candidates. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
Vertica
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vertica (Boston, MA) in Feb 2020

Interview

It was one of the craziest experience. I was contacted by recruiter from Micro Focus. Initial phone screen and then 1 hour long phone interview with hiring manager. I was given couple of links to review and was asked for a feedback. After that I was invited for an onsite interview. It was 6 hours long interview with 45 minutes sessions with different team members. I presented my ideas about the product based upon the link hiring manager shared with me. I did share some designs and share some ideas about tools I use and different aspects of UX. Two weeks after onsite I was asked to share my ideas about their product via email and I was asked to share the design idea too and after 5-6 follow up email they said they are moving forward with someone else. I felt I was used for my ideas and they faked interviews just for brainstorming the UX part for the betterment of their product. Guys please be aware do not share your ideas and information in depth, tackle interviews with this company smartly.

Interview Questions
Vertica
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vertica (Boston, MA) in Oct 2019

Interview

First, they take up your resume and see if you're a match. Then they have a conversation with you where they describe about the company and about the interview process

Interview Questions
  • To design a system in c++/java which reads data files and outputs some analytical questions. it was an offline coding round and the ask was to make it faster and scalable.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Vertica (Boston, MA) in Jun 2019

Interview

1. Initial phone screen with general behavioral questions 2. Coding challenge sent over email to be completed in Java, Python, or C++ 3. On site interview with coding, software engineering, design and whiteboarding

Interview Questions
  • For the coding challenge they sent a program to be debugged so it would run faster. Find the most expensive computations in the program and optimize.
Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vertica (Pittsburgh, PA) in Oct 2018

Interview

One talk with tech lead about project and experiences. One take-home quiz to improve the performance of code. One telephone interview of how to solve certain algorithm problems One on-site containing two coding rounds, one c knowledge round, and one system design round

Interview Questions
Vertica
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vertica (Boston, MA) in May 2016

Interview

The interview process was of 5 Steps: HR phone, Tech Screening, Assessment, Onsite interview followed by another interview with team. Got through all the 3 rounds first and went to MA for the onsite interview. Onsite interview was 6 rounds (each member of the team )in total with a discussion of 45 mins each with a lunch break of 40 mins. 4/6 rounds i have done good. The other 2 where interviewer got a list of general questions that i didnot expect and in the other round neither me or the interviewer could not connect to what we are speaking as that round was conducted in hurry and he wanted to apply a real time example from my prev exp on current role which is not possible as testing on hadoop was way far different from rdbms. After a week got a response that they are not interested to move forward

Interview Questions
  • select null where null=null; () convert 0XFF into hexa decimal difference between IP and UDP general questions on networking and sql
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertica (Pitts, PA) in Feb 2016

Interview

First round is an OA with some description. Then came the phone interview, which is not too hard. The third round is onsite in Pittsburgh, two round for general questions and later two round with coding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vertica (Pittsburgh, PA) in Oct 2015

Interview

first round is OA, an engineer gave me a question let me solve it within two hours. then Phone Call, one coding question. Finally is Onsite consisting 4 round; first round is coding question, second round is data structure design, third one is system design (use map reduce), finally is pure algorithm and data structure.

Interview Questions
  • How to sort a file just containing integers that cannot fit into memory. How to do given two arrays, A,B containing only integers, do join operation: return index pairs <i,j>, where A[i] = B[j] Find peak element in an array that increasing then decreasing.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertica (United States) in Oct 2015

Interview

The interview process was well defined. I was firstly reached by a recruiter who asked the basic background questions and than sent my details to the hiring manager. Hiring manager called me in the following week to have a behavioral interview round while going through my technical skills. After this, I got a call from the technical lead who took a technical screen for me focusing on databases knowledge and UNIX skills.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19