Veterans Benefits Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veterans Benefits Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Received email of eligibility within a few days. An interview came a couple of weeks later. VB Center is set up like a courthouse so have ID READY. Ethical question, how to handle changes in the workplace, are you proficient with Microsoft suite/office/excel. Are you able to attend training? I spoke with two people. Do not offer more info than what is asked unless you are Really familiar with the position. I told them I miss talking to clients. You and your computer are basically married with little vet interaction unless you call them to clear up any questions regarding eligibility.
    How comfortable are you with a computer/ cubicle environment.

Interview Questions

• 5 to 7 performance-based inquiries that were straightforward and easy to answer. The training is in Colorado or Maryland for 6 weeks. Essay question was apply ICARE ACRONYM to the VSR position.   1 Answer

Rating Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They did not care about my job experiences. They only ask me a situation based question. I sorta know what they gonna ask because all of us workers are aware of the situation in the office.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone who you know from work solicit you for a date after work hours ? ( additional follow up 1) how would you react if it's a supervisor 2) how would you react if it is your co worker( non supervisor) ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. There were two personnel who called to cinduct the interview. You have to be prepared and ready to answer scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle shifting priorities and tell us about a time you had to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two coaches who are consider supervisors for their departments. They both ask questions and about problem solving and conflict resolution. The interview happen in the department where I would be working if I got hired. After the questions I had to do writing sample answering one of three question, which took about 20 minutes to complete. After that I received tour of the office area and was escorted out of the building. The whole process took about 2 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about difficult situation and how solve the problem?   Answer Question

I decline due to loss of pay due lower pay band than I currently have.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Pueblo, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with veterans education benefits director, assistant director, and veterans upward bound director; follow-up group interview if necessary. Will need a copy of the school schedule and must be using Veteran Benefits (chapter 33,31,35,30) to qualify for this position.

Interview Questions

• Previous Office Work Experience & schedule availability   1 Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Three part interview process. First with hiring manager, then head over department and then with president. The second part required a test to analyze errors in benefits reports similar to what you would see in actual job.

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for position on USAJOBS.GOV. Took 1 1/2 months before I was contacted by phone for a face to face interview. I was asked five performance based interview questions. The interview was conducted very professionally. I felt at ease the entire time.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve workplace conflict?   1 Answer
    • What project have you implemented on the job that lead to a more efficient process? How did you communicate the information to your supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name a project that required the use of Excel. What functions in Excel did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief and basic. After being asked a few questions by two interviewers, I was given a question sheet and small packet with guidelines needed to respond. Very easy. However, I have been told of several changes so my info may be outdated.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to look into policies and procedures to complete one or more tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with what was offered so there was no need to negotiate.

Veterans Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers who asked five questions. Each question was about situational experience. The first question was about making a critical decision at work. Another question was about managing quality work and speed. Another question was about dealing with a difficult client.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a to make a critical decision in your work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 supervisors who asked 4 multi-part questions that were behavioral based questions. The two supervisors were respectful and gave a good description of the position and how the interview process works. The explained that they would be writing comments as I answered questions so they apologized in advance if they did not make consistent eye contact. The overall process was very relaxed and comfortable.

At the end of the interview, I was instructed to complete a 45 minute question prompt that would be emailed to me. As soon as I opened that email, the timer would start for the assessment. It is important to review the attachment and ensure it is filled out properly.

The only complaint I would have is the lack of direction of where I was actually suppose to go. There were no signs and all the doors required key cards or codes to enter them. I had to ask a staff member for assistance on where I had to be and they escorted me to the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to make a difficult decision. What was the decision, what happened, and the results of that decision.   Answer Question