Veterans Benefits Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Veterans Benefits Administration

2.3

Vsr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Oakland, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

apply on usajobs website and 7 months later they call you. after a long wait then they will call you to see if you still available. if you are then you can show up for an interview. it is all about a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• if an employee asked you out on a date, what would you do ?   1 Answer

Vsr Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration in April 2010.

Interview

good, standard questions, standard everything, most people blank out though so practice is good. Asked about time where you had to resolve conflict. Had to wait 3 months to hear back from someone.

Interview Questions

• none all where pretty standard   1 Answer

Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Oakland, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

formal. in person only. they will call you into a room to do this interview with them. Often or not you will know in advance if they are interested in you. Before they just test you but I guess not anymore.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to become a rating specialist?   1 Answer

Rating Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They did not care about my job experiences. They only ask me a situation based question. I sorta know what they gonna ask because all of us workers are aware of the situation in the office.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone who you know from work solicit you for a date after work hours ? ( additional follow up 1) how would you react if it's a supervisor 2) how would you react if it is your co worker( non supervisor) ?   1 Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Three part interview process. First with hiring manager, then head over department and then with president. The second part required a test to analyze errors in benefits reports similar to what you would see in actual job.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Pueblo, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with veterans education benefits director, assistant director, and veterans upward bound director; follow-up group interview if necessary. Will need a copy of the school schedule and must be using Veteran Benefits (chapter 33,31,35,30) to qualify for this position.

Interview Questions

• Previous Office Work Experience & schedule availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Helena, MT) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is fairly simple, if you are a minority or have a veteran preference they will fast track your application. They then check your references and education. After verification they schedule two interviews, if you pass the interviews by being respectful

Interview Questions

• A veteran is upset because he feels that his rating was not high enough for the injury that he received while he was in service. Without adjusting his rating, how do you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for position on USAJOBS.GOV. Took 1 1/2 months before I was contacted by phone for a face to face interview. I was asked five performance based interview questions. The interview was conducted very professionally. I felt at ease the entire time.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve workplace conflict?   1 Answer
    • What project have you implemented on the job that lead to a more efficient process? How did you communicate the information to your supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name a project that required the use of Excel. What functions in Excel did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 supervisors who asked 4 multi-part questions that were behavioral based questions. The two supervisors were respectful and gave a good description of the position and how the interview process works. The explained that they would be writing comments as I answered questions so they apologized in advance if they did not make consistent eye contact. The overall process was very relaxed and comfortable.

At the end of the interview, I was instructed to complete a 45 minute question prompt that would be emailed to me. As soon as I opened that email, the timer would start for the assessment. It is important to review the attachment and ensure it is filled out properly.

The only complaint I would have is the lack of direction of where I was actually suppose to go. There were no signs and all the doors required key cards or codes to enter them. I had to ask a staff member for assistance on where I had to be and they escorted me to the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to make a difficult decision. What was the decision, what happened, and the results of that decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief and basic. After being asked a few questions by two interviewers, I was given a question sheet and small packet with guidelines needed to respond. Very easy. However, I have been told of several changes so my info may be outdated.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to look into policies and procedures to complete one or more tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with what was offered so there was no need to negotiate.