Vibes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied for a position. Was rejected, they claimed they went with another candidate. Then I saw a job ad for the same exact position that was posted the day before my rejection e-mail's date.

They're so busy, they have no time to hire people, and when talent gets in there, they can't even make up their mind if they're still hiring or not. Very disorganized and did not give me a good "vibe."

Senior Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Was quickly brought in for a four hour interview post-phone screen. Then a homework assignment which I quickly turned around. Three weeks of radio silence in spite of my follow ups. Requested feedback on the assignment when I told them I received another offer, got a form rejection note.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process is one word: LONG. I went in for a 3 hour interview with 7 different people, needed to conduct 2 more 30 minute plus phone interviews, had a follow up call, another interview, and then had to come in for another 2 hours. I have never seen an interview process so long for a seemingly entry level position.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous sales experience related to this role?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There is a lot of back and forth between hiring managers, stakeholders and HR. C-level executives are involved in the process, too. There is clear disconnect between the needs of the company and the desires of the hiring manager. Be prepared to spend a minimum of two full days meeting with various team members and a full day participating in a top grade interview. In addition to questions about relevant work history, be prepared to answer questions about your personal life and personal experiences. If you're a minority, you're likely to undergo additional scrutiny. Sadly the company is more interested in who you know and window shopping than hiring stellar and qualified rockstar employees. The office is cluttered, people seem over worked and under appreciated and roles are still being defined. HR is disorganized at best and rarely follows up as promised.

Interview Questions

• What would your current or previous boots say say you?   Answer Question

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vibes.

Interview

Was emailed for an interview in December, for which a phone call was scheduled with HR. Pretty straightforward, basic questions about my background, interest in the position, etc. A few days later I was scheduling time to meet the team with the assistant HR rep. About a week after that, I had an onsite with 6 people (managers, peers for the position etc.). The next step included a follow up via email for next steps. Whole process for this took about a week and a half.

This is where things began to drag on.

I received an email about 2 days later stating that they'd hope to have a decision for next steps in about a week, and they'd be in touch.

A week passed, and I followed up regarding status. Was provided with the same response of "we hope to have a decision soon".

Another week passed, and I inquired again. Was told I was pretty early in the process, and that they were still working through candidates. Was told again "decision on next steps by end of next week". This was roughly a month after I was told the first time that a decision would be made by "end of next week".

It is now on to almost month 3, and there has not been a next step decision. During the interview process, I was told that the position was needed to be filled quickly. Not sure that's the case at this point.

It was a great experience at the beginning, but has been dragging on for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• General background questions. It was more of a open discussion than strictly interview style questioning.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Really great. Lots of time involved but very thorough and detailed.

There was an interview with hr, then the teams, then a final interview called the topgrade with a presentation.....

The topgrade interview was very challenging and took about 3 hours but I think it makes a lot of sense. It's a way to make sure it's the right fit for both parties involved, which I really appreciate.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on-line - quick intro call within the first week. I was then supposed to talk to someone else in H.R. First The HR Specialist is probably why this position is still open 2 months later. There is definitely lack of accountability at this company I thought to myself - do I really want to work for a company when you start off with such a negative and unprofessional experience? No.
    HR emailed one minute before the interview claiming she was caught up in a two hour meeting on Friday at 3:30. I emailed back other times for the following week and never heard back. My phone rings on Wed the next week and HR left a message stating she thought we had a call today, but then looked at her email and she forgot to hit "send".
    I never called back, no thanks - please try to respect other people's time and first impressions are everything!

Interview Questions

• General background info of your resume - quick and easy.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

There are about 5 rounds of interviews. First round is with HR, then with the hiring manager. After that I was brought into the office for all day interviews with various team members. The final process was a top grade interview which goes over various different aspects of your career and decision making skills. The questions were all relevant to the job and industry.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Ruby on Rails? If so please explain RESTful routes   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate income.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vibes.

Interview

Terrible process. Lots of back and forth between the hiring manager(s) and HR with no apparent communication amongst them. If you're a minority, be prepared for extra scrutinization. The references I provided were never enough, I had to find contacts in my employment history that went back more than a decade. It was just endless. I wonder why I had to come up with all that while the average age of their staff is probably 23, I'd highly doubt that most of them could come up with references that go back more than 2 years.

Interview Questions

• all cliche questions. It's not the questions, it's the length of the process. They kept me there all day   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation as to the salary. If you're a minority, be prepared for extra scrutinization for reference check, calling your current employer, etc…

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vibes.

Interview

I was very impressed to say the least. The office environment is like none that I've seen for a company that is by no means a "start-up". After being interviewed by several different employees I found myself not really wanting to leave. Everywhere you look, people seemed to be very happy, and that is ultimately what sold me.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to go from doing freelance to working for an established "more corporate" company?   Answer Question