Videojet Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Videojet Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies.

Interview

The process was in depth. Two separate interviews before I was offered the job. Hand you a test to take as well in the second interview. They called me in the way home from the second interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you did something wrong. What did you do to fix the issue?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Wood Dale, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

3rd Party Recruiter contacted first with phone interview. Then another phone interview with a "sales manager". Finally you come in for a 5 Person Interview back to back in 3 hours. Place is a WASTE OF TIME. I came in early and receptionist didn't even know who the first guy was interviewing me??? I waited and finally some one came out to get me. He walked me to his office and asked generic questions. After that interviewed with 4 other people for 30 minutes each and they ASKED THE SAME QUESTIONS. Half thee guys had never done sales over the phone and they were questioning me. I have over 5 plus years of high volume sales. I am really pissed off I took my time to come into this place to interview. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I wouldn't of accepted an offer if it came in. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Wood Dale, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a Talent Acquisition specialist about a month after I applied to schedule a phone interview. The interview occurred a week later and she asked basic screening questions. She passed my information onto the hiring team for the next steps. The second interview was a 30 minute phone call with a Director, and we discussed the role, my background and resume.

After this I was invited onsite to meet with 1 Manager, 2 Directors and a Sr Director (all separately). The first interview was with one of the Directors and this went off without a hitch. The next interview was with the Sr Director and he couldn't have been more rude, obnoxious, and condescending. From the beginning, he acted as though meeting me was a waste of his time. Near the end, we began discussing who I was to meet with next. I answered based on the email itinerary I was sent and he tried to argue with me about how I was wrong. My guess is that they had changed the order without notifying me. His next move was to walk me up to the Manager’s office, where he made me take a seat (outside) and then went in and closed the door for a private meeting, before my interview. I can only assume that this was done to negate my candidacy for the position. I believe that he ended up doing the same thing with the last Director I was scheduled to meet with because that Director ended up cutting our time short.

I can understand if they felt I wasn't a good fit but why not just end the interview earlier instead of wasting everyone's precious time? This, by far, is some of the worst treatment that I have experienced during an interview process. Ultimately, I didn't wait and shortly after this experience I removed myself from consideration for the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Wood Dale, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I received an email on Wednesday asking if I was available on Thursday morning for a phone screening with recruiting. After the Thursday phone interview I was asked to come in on Friday afternoon for a face to face interview with HR. The Senior HR person couldn't have been more obnoxious and rude. He acted like I was wasting his time and after the interview, escorted me to the door so quickly that I still had the plastic guest badge pinned to my shirt when I got to my car. Executives beware you might want to have another assistant sit in during the interviews with HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had conflict at work, tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision,.....   Answer Question

Field Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Wood Dale, IL).

Interview

1. Phone screen by HR coordinator/generalist 2. phone/video interview with hiring manager 3. on-site interviews with HR, 2 directors, & sr. director.
    During the on-site interview, they were not coordinated. The agenda that was presented to me beforehand was not followed at all - no one was there to meet me upon my arrival to the lobby. When the interviews were completed, I was required to take 2 assessments on-site. The assessments are not overly difficult, but no prior information was given. I believe they should at least add this potion to the agenda as it takes 45-60 additional minutes.

Interview Questions

• The assessment tested MS Office skills and basic P&L knowledge.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Wood Dale, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call from Talent Acquisition specialist, he asked about my resume. Second interview was a phone call with the North America director for 30 minutes, briefly went over my resume. After the call the specialist call to see how the interview went and scheduled third round of interview which consisted of meeting with 2 Directors and 2 Senior Managers (separately)

One thing I didn't like was when I got there they changed 2 Managers that I was supposed to meet with and they found out the manager was not in when we walked to there office, I found that a bit sketchy.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
      How does this job fit into you career path?
      How does your past managers describes you as?
      Tell me about a time you failed?
      How good are you with Excel? Do you know pivot tables?
      Tell me about a time you worked with a lot of data, what method you used in excel to find out a solution?
      Answer Question

CSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked about my work experience. how much salary I was looking for. asked question in regards to my experience. asked about my military experience. how much schooling I have. asked if I had worked in commercial environment, and how much customer service I have had.

Field Service Engineer (Laser Systems) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was with the HR/recruiter and he did the normal screening. The 2nd phone interviewer was with the hiring manager and by the information he provided to me about his background and how he retired from the military and always worked for Videojet. He kept saying he was trying to be staright forward but when someone says that they always have a hidden agenda. WIthout even going any further I realized that he sounded more interested in hiring a person with a military background and who would be loyal to a company. (news flash, some loyal people get the boot when its time to downsize)

Interview Questions

• Do you have any military background?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies.

Interview

Long drawn out process meeting with multiple team members you would be working with. Then meeting the manager of the buying team. Then the plant manager and then the VP of purchasing. Oh did I also mention twice with the HR team as well. The questions where pretty simple and typical nothing crazy. Asked your typical questions on what would you do in certain situations and why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for some more money and they said yes pretty simple.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Videojet Technologies (Wood Dale, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

met with several managers back to back. It lasted about an hour and a half. Pretty typical, they show you around the entire building let you meet some of the staff.