Viget Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viget Labs Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.8

Office Manager Interview

Interview

I found a posting for the Office Manager review on Craigslist and applied. I received an e-mail from the Recruiter which required me to answer a few questions regarding my ability to work in the U.S. and some "homework".

The instructions stated not to spend more than 20 - 30 minutes writing an e-mail to the office staff. The recruiter provided a word document full of poorly written notes about the company's quarterly meetings, also know as TTT, and I was supposed to re-write them in my own way.

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but after spending 20 years in the military (just retired) I was impressed with my finished product and submitted my work; the recruiter stated she would share my work with the team.

The next day I received an e-mail from the recruiter which stated while she enjoyed reading my work, the "consensus" was that my skills and expertise were not what the company was looking for. She was very professional and I thanked her.

I suppose I can live with that, but what kind of "skills and abilities" could they be looking for? Per the job listing you might be asked to "water plants" in addition to keeping the office running smoothly...

Either way, it's nice to have a pension from the military while I look for meaningful work. I'm a firm believer that my steps are ordered and I am thankful that I received three offers in the same day from CareerBuilder off of my resume. Moral -- don't settle and be thankful even if the hiring results are not in your favor.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to pronounce Viget?   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I interviewed at Viget Labs (Falls Church, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had heard about this company and wanted to get involved with them. I'm not a tech person but have other solid skills and thought there might be a fit. I was able to get a phone interview with an HR person. It was a very friendly conversation but still professional. I came away with a very good understanding of the company, an even greater desire to work there, and an understanding of why there wasn't a good fit at present.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked of me were pretty general in nature since I wasn't applying for specific job. So it was a lot of "Tell me about your skills and background." kind of questions.   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viget Labs (Boulder, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was professional. I first heard from a recruiter and answered a few questions via email. I then moved on to the next round and had a phone interview with the recruiter. I moved on to the next round and took a 4-question essay that lasted 90 minutes. I did not make it past this round.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through email from a referral and went through an initial google hangouts chat first before interviewing with three full-timers as well as the internship coordinator. The atmosphere was very friendly and I walked through some of my projects and talked about my previous experience for around 45 minutes.

Digital Project Manager Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viget Labs (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my information for the apprenticeship. Before the phone screening, I was emailed another form to submit additional information. During the phone screening, the recruiter asked about my overall career goals and why I was interested in the position. The phone screening also served as a personality check of sorts - seemed like they were looking for vocal, energetic candidates. During the interview, the recruiter was able to clarify the start date of the apprenticeship, but since that conflicted with my availability, I withdrew my name from consideration.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viget Labs in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. The interviewer was very curt and continued to interrupt me. The call was cut off in the middle and it took 45 minutes to reconnect. When we did he blamed me for hanging up at the end he offered me the job.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viget Labs in March 2014.

Interview

After you pass the initial portfolio review you have a short phone call with the hiring manager. Asked generic questions but did a good job of promoting the positive, welcoming culture of the company. Second phase is a short code quiz with exercises and theoretical questions, not too hard if you are at least past the beginner phase.

Interview Questions

• Describe I time you encountered an obstacle and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • How did you first become interested in development?   Answer Question
    • If you could create a new HTML tag what would it be?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Viget Labs in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Design Intern position for summer 2017. Initially I sent in an email with my resume and a brief cover letter. About a week later I was contacted by their hiring manager to fill out a form that included demographic questions, as well as an essay portion about current trends in web design. A week after that, I was contacted to schedule a ~30 minute interview with the hiring manager; the interview itself was very relaxed and casual. About a week after the final interview I was contacted for a final call, during which I received an offer for the design internship.