Vino Volo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vino Volo

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vino Volo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was straight forward and overall easy going. My experience was unique because I was introduced to the team and was able to get a feel of the company's culture.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vino Volo (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Parking and getting past airport security is a pain; but you'd be signing up for this process everyday you work so it is a good toe in water to your life working here. Met with assistant manager at the time, then met with General Manager. Sometimes they have you also interview with the Regional Manager. Gives the illusion that it is difficult to get a job here.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in moving up in the company?   1 Answer

Wine Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vino Volo in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through craigslist then recieved a call back. did an in person interview, then phone interview with regional manager. then went back in had to do test for airport security

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vino Volo (Dulles, VA).

Interview

To become an associate, they prefer someone with some college experience and preferably some wine knowledge, but it is not required. If you have a energetic, perky personality, have sales experience, and want to learn about wine, they will like you. Tests are required to be hired and promoted.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vino Volo (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

They're located in airports, so you don't just walk in.
    You phone interview, kinda....
    The invite you in, escort you through security, you talk, they have you observe the operation and taste a flight of wine, you apply for the background check which can take up to 3 weeks. You can work before background check is complete, but will be fired if you don't pass, and must be escorted by someone with and escort badge that works for vino volo. Once you pass, your badge is created by the badging office, you get it, you blow through security at the airport (cut in line and don't hafta remove your shoes) and you're off to work.

Interview Questions

• There honestly were like no questions asked that were difficult. I mean, do you have a love and appreciation of wine? Scale of 1-10, where are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer the job or they don't . You start off training at $7 hour, no sharing of tips. You take associates test, go down to $6 hour, share tips. Take wine associates test, go up to $8 hour plus tips. If someone disappears or moves on, you can move up to assistant manager at $10. From here, you sit in utter and complete oblivion until a store opens and you kiss butt enough to get a general manager position.