Virgin America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

In Flight Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Burlingame, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on 12/9/16 and did the assessment on the same day. A couple of hours later, I was invited to do the video interview. On January 5th, they sent me an email to schedule the phone interview. I scheduled it, the lady did most of the talking and said she gave me two days to let her know whether or not I was coming to the face to face interview because you have to pay for your own flight and stay. Two days later I emailed her to tell her that I wanted to attend the f2f and whether or not I needed to also email her my flight confirmation because I was confused about that part. She emailed me back with a confirmation for the f2f and didn't even acknowledge my question about the flight confirmation. (Okaay, that's a flag for me). You are given 2 dates to choose from for the f2f. I arrive at the f2f; you are treated by the two flight attendants, one of them looked like he didn't even want to be there. The recruiters, some of them were super welcoming and some were straight up awful; they would have that sarcastic smile plastered on their face as if people couldn't see right through it. The f2f consisted of 2 group activities, a looong orientation about the company and the position. There was a lot of fake energy, surprisingly most came from the recruiters. If you're not from the area, it is not worth it for you to pay your money to go over there especially if you can't afford it.
    Virgin America may or may not be for you. If you think it's not for you after you read this, don't force it, it's not worth it. Keep in mind that this company will no longer exist in the next two years, they are "merging" with Alaska. The recruiting team is not welcoming, they make you feel like a number, even at the f2f. They only have 3 bases, San Francisco, LA, and JFK and most likely you will be based in San Francisco (they tell you this at the f2f). San Francisco is the most expensive city in the US. Again they don't pay for your flight nor your stay. But they will pay you $1400 for 5 weeks of training. On the 3rd week of training, you are assigned a base and they may or may not give you 4 days to move to your assigned base (they said that during the f2f). All they keep saying is "save your money". Absolutely no tattoos, you cannot put a bandage or makeup on it. If you already live in San Francisco or in the area and don't care about working with people who see you as a number and don't have tattoos or can hide it very well (if they ever find out or see that tattoo, you will get sent home), then you may be a match for Virgin.

Interview Questions

• Video Interview
      Tell me about yourself? Why Virgin America? Why should we hire you? Give us a wow moment with a customer? Tell us about a time you remained calm during a stressful situation? What would you do if a coworker was not following company procedure?

F2F interview
      Describe your current work environment. Describe something you like about it and something you can change? Why Virgin America? Describe a time when you weren't able to reach a satisfactory agreement with a customer? Tell us about yourself? What did you do to prepare for this interview? Tell us about a time you didn't agree with a policy? Why should we hire you? Then she acted like a passenger and I was the flight attendant then gave me a situation to act out.
      Answer Question

I was disappointed in the employees of Virgin and most importantly, I cannot afford San Francisco.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Burlingame, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple and to the point. Easiest Video Interview I've had.You were actually able to tell the company about yourself and show a bit more of your personality. I received an email 2 weeks later for a phone interview. Went very quickly. The girl was nice. I'm flying out on the 22 for my f2f.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later got the request for video interview. Very easy. All the questions listed here are spot on. Be sure to look at the camera not yourself. Dress professionally. Smile and be your friendly self!

A few days later I got the request for a phone interview. As others have stated, this wasn't really an interview. They confirmed a few things about passport, tattoos, etc. then invited me to Burlingame, CA for a p2p interview. All at my own expense. I'm not sure how wise it is to spend this money to do the interview, but I'm going! The interview is next Wednesday. We shall see!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Very easy and simple especially when comparing to other airline's application process. Got an e-mail to do the video interview. It was alright, nothing to hard just very awkward in my opinion. Next day after completing that I got an e-mail regarding a phone screening which I haven't scheduled yet. I am doing my research on this company before taking the next step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, you take a personality assessment. If you pass the assessment, you receive an email for a one-way video interview a few days later. I opted to decline the video interview, because I have read that the F2F is in SFO and they require you to pay for your own travel there. I feel this is a bad practice and have decided to explore other airlines.

In Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Burlingame, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Within 3 weeks, I applied via website, asked to video interview (see glassdoor reviews for questions asked), asked to phone interview and immediately asked to f2f March 6th in Burlingame Ca. Video interview requires preparation (see Glassdoor for help). Phone interview was more of a screening and took less than 10 minutes. If you attending as well, good luck!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America (New York, NY).

Interview

It has been a breeze so far! Did the online application and video interview now waiting for my in person interview next week :) I found it to be a lot easier than other airline applications and the process was a lot faster!

In Flight Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virgin America in January 2017.

Interview

With all due respect and an open mind going into the interview in Burlingame... I found the recruiters to be extremely narrow minded and unprofessional. First of all, you don't motivate future employees by telling them all the negatives and to save your money over and over. You instill some excitement about the company and career! Secondly, the extreme looks by these childish recruiters were extremely rude and I noticed how uncomfortable this made most of the candidates feel throughout the the interview process. I felt like a number on display. What a shame that this is the people that are chosen to represent Virgin America. A few of the recruiters were kind and seemed normal but the majority were unkept, heck they weren't even dressed appropriately in professional attire. I choose not to work for Virgin America because of the way these people behaved. Richard Branson would be ashamed if he knew what was happening when people interview. Little snobby boys who stand around and give people one ups judging them. All the candidates paid their own way to the interview and really invested time and money. How dare these people treat the group the way they did! I really feel bad for everyone and would recommend anyone think twice before accepting employment. Virgin America needs an entire overhaul in the way they interview potential candidates and these nasty people should be put in their place and either terminated or not allowed to recruit ever again.
    Offers were given the following day via email and I am grateful to decline as I would never enjoy working for an organization that represents itself this way. Parting worlds.. not the brightest people, not the nicest group and for Gods sake motivate people and make them feel good not judged the entire time! Oh and they tell us to dress to impress?!?! Then you recruiters do the same and don't wear jeans you idiots! What a terrible shame.

In Flight Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

You do the application, then the assessment ( which is long). If you past the assessment then you are to do the video interview. That's nerve racking and about 15-20 minutes long. Then if you past that you do the phone interview. They will ask you about passports, tattoos & piercings. Then if you past that you go to the f2f (which you pay to get to). Then you do a long 6 hour interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online 1/15/17. I got an email immediately after submitting my application to complete assessment. It was pretty lengthy and consisted of various "what would you do in this situation" type of questions. Essentially a personality profile.
    Got an email to complete a one-way video interview 1/19/17. There was a 72 hour deadline and I completed it on 1/22/17. VI was simple and not at all difficult compared to other airlines VIs. Dress professionally and be yourself :)

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself.
      2. Why do you want to at VX?
      3. Describe a time you created a Wow moment for a customer.
      4. Explain a time there was an unexpected an event which required you to work additional duties or an irregular schedule (i.e., a holiday).
      5. How would you respond to a coworker if the quality of their work was not in line with company policies and procedures?
      6. Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question