Virgin Galactic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in October and they emailed me to schedule an interview toward the end of November. I interviewed with the director of spaceline engineering, and less than two weeks later I received an offer. At least half the interview was them explaining the internship program and trying to get me excited about it. Overall the selection process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any technical questions at all. "Tell me about projects you've worked on." "What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" "What do you want to get out this internship?"   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Long Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

a slew of questions from various departments for 5+ hours.

some related questions, but many un-related technical questions not prepared for.

several interviewers were just hostile and arrogant and talked down to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Mojave, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a really good interview process with members of the Virgin Orbit team. I felt as if they were looking for someone more experienced in terms of courses they have taken throughout college.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic.

Interview

Shortly after attending an open house in Long Beach, I was invited in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 different people each one on one with me. The first was a general interview pertaining to my personal history (explaining my resume and personality questions). The next person was a recent grad /new hire who asked me questions pertaining to my electrical background as well as some software questions (logistics). The 3rd person asked me questions related to fluid mechanics and heat transfer. I was asked how I would go about transferring gas in one container to another (containers attached by a pipe). This portion was testing my technical ability and the stuff I learned in class. Simple temperature and pressure related questions. PS. If you graduated in Engineering (I'm mechanical) you should do fine in the interview. Just smile and be yourself :)

Interview Questions

• You have 2 containers one container has 100 psi (small) the other 2000 psi (large) . How would you go about transferring gas from the tank to another? Note: containers are attached by a Pipe   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work at Virgin Galactic?   1 Answer
    • Why do you believe you would be a great candidate for our program   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be confident and smile. You will be fine!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied over the internet took about 4 weeks. Very kind people make you feel comfortable. Very friendly make you feel like home. Careful, you might feel to comfortable and start saying the honest truth which is not always very good when it comes to behavior questions. Tell me about yourself is a very open question and no one cares where you where born, yet they make you feel like they care!

But if you prepare, you show your real personality. And their skills definitely can evaluate if you fit in there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted by a member of their People Coordination team within a week. The process went backwards at times, but shows that there is great flexibility and creativity in the hiring process...that it is fluid and moves with the applicant. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager, and then the recruiter called the next day. I then interviewed over the phone with two additional members of the team. The hardest part was scheduling mutually agreed times for everyone and then doing my "homework" to understand my interviewer's background and role in the company.

A week later, I was notified that I was selected for an in-person interview. The coordinator booked all travel and worked around my then-company work schedule. The in-person interviews were a bit hectic and shuffled around, but went well. After the interviews, I flew home and waited for a week before checking status with the recruiter. I was waiting for a member of the leadership team to have an opening in schedule, and with a 30 minute warning, then needed to interview with a senior member of the organization. After about 3-5 days, the recruiter called and confirmed selection and presented an offer.

Tip- Always thank the interviewer for their time and follow-up with a personalized note, if possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Virgin? What interests you about Virgin Galactic? What experience do you have in the aerospace industry?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called into speak to the Assistant Controller, and then called back to speak with the VP of Finance and the Business Developer in addition to HR. I was given a tour and you need to bring your passport. They have a high level of security. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. Be prepared and bring some good questions about the position and the company culture. And always do your homework, make sure you know about the people who are interviewing you and how the company is structured.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Are you adaptable to change? Give me some qualities of a good manager.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyannis, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Hyannis, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was extremely professional. Subsequent communications were in greater depth and also extremely thorough and highly professional. The screening, interviewing, and hiring process moved along at a reasonable pace, especially considering the very sensitive nature of the job, the company, and the company's mission and business plan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Virgin Galactic?   Answer Question
    • What special skills and abilities do you have that you think will help facilitate your success?   Answer Question
    • What are your professional goals in the next one year, 2-3 years, 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. After clearing up some scheduling conflicts, set telephone conference with hiring manager and technical expert. Interviewers were prompt, with the exception of the technical expert who was a bit late.

Interview Questions

• Random academic textbook questions about Kalman filters by the technical expert in rapid fire succession. Almost no discussion with the hiring manager about my specific experience or more detailed descriptions of the position and expectations of the role.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Very good communication with the HR rep. He really walked me through the process and worked to get things done. 3 phone interviews and then an in person interview including a 1 hour presentation followed by 5 individual interviews. Asked me a lot of questions for other disciplines. Also the interview was done in the shop floor that is VERY loud. One guy I could barely hear and then couldn't even understand the question he was asking.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Mojave, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was really technical. It was just rapid fire questions about safety regulations. At no point did they ask me any personal questions. They just picked my brain to see how much I would know off the top off my head. None of the questions were field related or construction related. It was basically safety manger questions. How to set-up the worksite, transport materials, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you transport hazardous materials?   2 Answers