Virgin Galactic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Virgin Galactic

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic.

Interview

Virgin Galactic was very proactive with its recruitment process, consistently keeping me updated on my application status. There was an initial phone interview for screening; depending on if you pass this (I did), you are then sent a link for a video interview where you are asked mildly easy interview questions (even some repeat ones from the phone interview).

Lead Mechanical Systems/Structures Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyrum, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Hyrum, UT).

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one was the initial contact from HR, the other was with the other lead engineers and the hiring engineering manager. I was then flown in for a third, on-site interview. It was an amazing experience. I went through three interview panels of two people each. I was asked many questions, most were related to my ability to make decisions and prioritize my focus. The team was very cordial and polite.

Interview Questions

• What major issues are related to fully-reversible flight control systems?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied for a position through the website. Heard back a few weeks later. Had a phone interview, then completely ghosted. Recruiter has gone AWOL. Tried emailing and calling. Absolutely no response. Very disappointing.

A&P Mechanic Spacewrench Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Mojave, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

It was a three step process after applying.

1. First call was a basic screener
    2. Self interview through a series of questions with three minutes to answer. This consists of video recording yourself. Probably helping Galactic Virgin screen out the ugly or unpretentious.
    3. 45 minutes of A&P questions, scenarios, and what if. This was with David Lynch and side kick.

I have 12+ years as an A&P, very qualified for this role. I did get a rejection email the next day, not sure why. However it doesn't matter too much because I had three other companies looking at me. Galactic Vagina was my 3rd or 4th choice.

Lots of better opportunity out there right now!

The pay was on the low side of 28hr.

Goodluck guys!

Interview Questions

• A&P questions and scenarios   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Mojave, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Relaxed questions from hiring manager, followed by sparks interview of about 7 questions focused on simple topics. The entire process was short on the phone and the questions took several hours to answer via one way video chat.

In-House Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic in September 2018.

Interview

I received an email from Virgin Galactic asking me to record (through a 3rd party app and submit a video of myself answering a set of questions. When I had questions about Virgin Galactic's reasoning for having me perform these tasks and I expressed my concerns (via email and voicemail) my questions and concerns went unanswered. I did contact the 3rd party app and they differed to Virgin Galactic on what would be done with the recorded video materials. Not being able to get any questions answered and no further leads or recourse to have my questions answered. The 24 hour invitation to interview expired and I eventually received an automated rejection letter that I was no longer under consideration. It is sad and unfortunate that Virgin Galactic is missing out on talent because Talent Acquisition/Recruiting department did not follow up in returning the emails and voicemails from the talent they are seeking to acquire. I would think answering questions about the company and its interview process would fall squarely within their job description and they would do so promptly given the 24 hr deadline that they themselves set for the talent to interview. This particularly reflects badly upon Virgin Galactic since the recruiter ends their email with "talk with you soon".

Avionics & Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Mojave, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied and was contacted shortly after. I was given 4 interviews, the last being on-site in Mojave. Be ready to answer lots of technical questions and brain teasers. Don't stress about getting something wrong, just do your best and try to sound as knowledgeable as possible. Employees consider themselves a family and will ensure that you can fit into the family.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw on the board an example aliasing in digital singal processing? Why does it happen? What is the Nyquist sampling theorem?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Very good communication with the HR rep. He really walked me through the process and worked to get things done. 3 phone interviews and then an in person interview including a 1 hour presentation followed by 5 individual interviews. Asked me a lot of questions for other disciplines. Also the interview was done in the shop floor that is VERY loud. One guy I could barely hear and then couldn't even understand the question he was asking.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mojave, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Mojave, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a really good interview process with members of the Virgin Orbit team. I felt as if they were looking for someone more experienced in terms of courses they have taken throughout college.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. After clearing up some scheduling conflicts, set telephone conference with hiring manager and technical expert. Interviewers were prompt, with the exception of the technical expert who was a bit late.

Interview Questions

• Random academic textbook questions about Kalman filters by the technical expert in rapid fire succession. Almost no discussion with the hiring manager about my specific experience or more detailed descriptions of the position and expectations of the role.   1 Answer