Virgin Galactic Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2020

Virgin Galactic CEO George Whitesides
George Whitesides
Pros
  • "It's a very collaborative environment with a great work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "9/80 work schedule is great, but we work most off Friday's(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "CEO is consistently absent making VG a rocket club(in 7 reviews)

• "Since when did ANY rocket program have that type of operating margin forecast(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time

Pros

Amazing leads and great mission

Cons

No cons are to be listed

2. "Workaholic Culture, Expect to Work Weekends/Night"

2.0

I worked at Virgin Galactic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work long enough, you can be promoted to high places. Great comp and ben packages, great for people without any family

Cons

Don't believe them that there's work life balance. This is type the work culture where your job is your everything and nothing else in your life is as important. HR there is great, but the silos don't operate the same way HR promotes their company.

Continue reading
  3. "Great Pay, Terrible Management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mojave, CA

I worked at Virgin Galactic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great C-suite leaders (ie. CEO and other top leaderships - they will literally meet you on day one), Pay, Healthcare, Company Mission, and HR are great. Many people worked within and stay for a long time get promoted to higher position due to their merit and experience.

Cons

Team Management needs work. Asking others to work overtime and weekend is a norm. If you have family, don't work here. You won't be seeing your daughter or son without a fight. They don't care for your personal life because they personally don't have one so they expect you to work every single hour they're on the computer.

"Changing the World"

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our venture and goal of making commercial space tourism a reality is not for the faint of heart. Here you are challenged in many ways and there are several opportunities to not only develop your career, but also help shape the company as we move into commercial operations. As a smaller company, the onboarding process is truly a far better experience than most larger corporations that treat you as another number. Here the environment is friendly and family oriented. Did I mention that we have our own hospitality team with a coffee bar?! Every day you are encouraged to speak your mind and shake things up a bit; however, you must have a sense of humility in that your ideas are not the only way forward. You are given many freedoms to develop and implement ideas across several projects, whereas in larger corporations you may be stuck designing the same bolt or fixture for a year. There is a lot of work to be done, and you will find that some projects you will be able to manage and subsequently place your mark on history. This is a team effort that I am truly proud to be a part of! Changing the world is not an opportunity that comes along for everyone.

Cons

There is not a fitness center or basketball court nearby out at Spaceport.

Continue reading

"Virgin Galactic is going to space!"

Current Employee - GSE Supervisor in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Virgin is a wonderful, Fun and Exciting place to work. I have been taken care of from day one. If something is needed all you have to do is ask. Benefits are A1, hiring process is top notch, orientation and trainings are fun and interesting. Management are friendly and helpful. Virgin is the most interesting and exciting job I have ever had to include working with senior managers to “People Team”. Everyone wears smiles and always ready to give a helping hand. We ARE going to space…How much cooler can you get?

Cons

Space Flight is in its early stages and being written as the advancements are being accomplished. Updates are made daily and rolling with the punches is required

6. "Great Company and even better people"

Current Employee - Space Wrench in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Creating future technology, people driven, supportive company, and of course spaceships

Cons

Sometime long hours, although supervision usually takes care of us

Continue reading
  7. "Overall positive experience"

Current Employee - Technician in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pro's really depend on your perspective. I was looking for a new opportunity and found it here. Money was not a primary motivator but I was compensated better than I thought I would be. Benefits are top tier. Lots of fringe benefits. For example a shuttle is provided for transportation and lunch is provided on site everyday. Also the work site is climate controlled and has a lounge/breakroom right out of the Jetson's... This is a very unique experience and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Cons

I don't like sitting around and there is an element of hurry up and wait with this company. But this is to be expected with something of this nature. It is a remote work site, and its an "experimental" program. Do your due diligence and make sure you want to work on a project like this, it's not for everyone.

"Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Peers are friendly and are always willing to help. Management is always open to new ideas. Workload is busy but manageable. Company culture and values are unmatched. Upper management really cares about their employees and their well-being. Employees are always in the loop because of constant communication. Overall Virgin Galactic does their best to take care of their employees.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

"Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth in an environment that is constantly evolving. Well suited for people looking to actually impact the day-to-day operations and culture with their input.

Cons

Not a place to just be a cog in the machine. Active involvement is required, so may not be the company/job for everyone.

"Very good overall experience"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer, Lead

I have been working at Virgin Galactic full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interviews and selection process was thorough and very professional. No time was wasted getting me on-board. Compensation and benefits are fair and in some aspects very good. Far superior to most (if not all) companies in this sector. The management is not focused exclusively on financial results, rather there is an appropriate amount of energy focused on the employees as well.

Cons

The Spaceport is an hour commute from Las Cruses. Not that the company can change that. New hires are not vested until after 90 days service.

Found 59 reviews