Virginia College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia College (Greenville, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very formal. I met with the Admissions Manager for the first interview. The second interview I met with the Regional Manager and the Campus President. They are upfront about their expectations, and the position. Great atmosphere, and the staff made you feel welcomed while you waited and during the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about My Previous Position, Experience, and how it would help me be successful in the position in which I applied. Very Formal Interview.   Answer Question

Career Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

Interview

Good initially bad 2nd interview with a distracted president whose phone kept ringing. Didn't seem interested so I got nervous. No follow up or return calls and they communicate via email during interview

Interview Questions

• What would you tell people about VC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College (Lubbock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online a week prior to being call in for an interview. Went in for the interview and found that it was a group interview. We were given information about the company and position. The group interview was fine but we were all told that everyone would be contacted for individual interviews the next day. No phone call came and I received a generic email from VA College stating they were not moving forward with me. Please be honest and don't tell people that they will have the opportunity to have a one on one interview if it isn't true.

Interview Questions

• They asked if anyone knew the history of Virginia College   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview. Was then asked to come for a formal interview and to teach a mock class with some of the other professors. After the presentation, feedback from the professors in the mock class, and we reviewed logistics of the position and potential schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (Pensacola, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Completed on line application followed by a phone interview followed by the interview sending an email link. Email link contained an inventory to be completed. Interviewer provided a number to contact the main office if I had any question prior to the date they reported they would be contacting me back with results within the next 14-21 days.

Interview Questions

• Discussed and question history working as a counselor working with schools.
      Inquired about working with difficult customers and problem solving.
      Inquired about education history and degrees.
      1 Answer

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

The hiring process was simple. I met with the Director and discussed my experience and briefly discussed the position in which I was applying for. The manager made me feel comfortable. We discussed my decision why I was leaving the company I was working for at the time. I also met with other employees in which they conducted Peer interviews. I was able to discuss with the employees additional things go that I did not discuss with the manager to have a more personalized experience.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia College (Charleston, SC).

Interview

After recruiter contacted me, it took 3 months and 3-4 interviews to make a decision. I had several phone interviews with several people. They were wanting to fill the position in by a certain date, but was not concerned about me having to relocate and time to find a place to live.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Virginia College (Huntsville, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email from the Academic Dean asking if I was still interested in the position - she was new and I had applied months earlier and heard nothing. She then asked me to teach a "trial lesson" - about 10 minutes covering a Sociology topic of my choosing.

Interview Questions

• The "interview" was basically a trial lesson in front of 4 of the campus leaders. They took notes, asked questions about the lesson as well as my approach to teaching.   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia College (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Met the president for 5 minutes talked more about himself then passed me on to a program director which led to a demo teach. I got awful reviews and later learned the panel consisted of non health related people. After getting hired I found out that no one gets good reviews during that process and the program director says to staff "they need people for a demo teach but we don't want to hire them anyway"

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was a sports fan specifically a football fan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is nothing to negotiate since most people don't last longer than 1 year here.

Admission Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had to complete three interviews. One was a one on one with one of the Manager's the next was a group interview and the final interview was with the president.