Virginia College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Virginia College

2.7

Lead Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia College (Huntsville, AL) in January 2009.

Interview

I was hired with one interview

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virginia College (Pensacola, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Describe what areas of healthcare you have worked in. How many years have you been a nurse? Do you have teaching experience? The interview process was overall nonstressful due to the fact that I had already been working as an adjunct instructor.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was alreadyworking part-time as nursing adjunt instructor so negotiation phase went quick.

Admission Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had to complete three interviews. One was a one on one with one of the Manager's the next was a group interview and the final interview was with the president.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia College (Biloxi, MS) in November 2013.

Interview

Long interview. I was introduced to team members and given a tour. I sat with another admissions rep and was allowed to ask questions. The hiring process was very lengthy and drawn out. It was 2 months before they called me for an interview

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College (Savannah, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online. It took a month for them to contact me. I was contacted by the manager of the department and not by human resources, which doesn't really exist here. I interviewed with the manager, she asked me standard questions about my background, she described the position to me and told me about the hours (which she hadn't decided on just yet). Then she asked me if I could handle this sort of position (more like collections). After the interview she had me fill out more paperwork for a background check. Then after a week, I was called to interview with the President of the college. I spoke with him and he asked me some questions about my personality and background, trying to get some insight and then he asked if I had any questions. Four days later, I was contacted and offered the position. No one is hired unless the President of the college approves; he doesn't decide the salary and hours (Manager does) but he has to approve it.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform these duties if you were to be hired today?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because the salary was above the limit that I had set for myself. However, I wish that I had done a counter offer. It doesn't hurt to try so just speak up.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College in April 2012.

Interview

There was a group interview to narrow down the large quanitity of applicants. We were interviewed all together in a hotel conference room by a hiring team not directly related to the campus or position we were applying for. They asked basic interview questions and asked how we would handle various scenarios. A few days later I was notified that I was selected for a phone interview which was handled by an outside contractor and consisted of the basic personality questions and several open-ended questions to elicit a response to various scenarios. Finally, I was notified that I was selected for a one-on-one interview with the actual director of the department I was applying for and with one of the hiring individuals from the group interview. The director of the department was very nice and easy to interact with, and it was a good opportunity to try to make myself stand out from the long list of other applicants. Overall, it was very organized and fast, with only a couple days passing between each of these interviews.

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

online application & test, 3 separate 1-on-1 interviews, 2 weeks training, 90 day probationary period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

same offer made to all permanent employees; 90 day temporary employees get raise & permanent status if hired

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia College (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and given by "professionals" across the country. The first phone interview was a random call, unscheduled. Then I was emailed a written assessment test. After the written assessment test, there were two more SCRIPTED phone interviews, another being an oral assessment test very similar to the written.

After "passing" those, I was scheduled an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions and the President of the North Charleston location. I had to reschedule my interview for an unexpected issue and after numerous calls and emails to the Director were not returned, I realized that this for-profit college was not a place that I desired to work. I felt the Director was very unprofessional with no follow up call or email. Reading other online reviews, I assured myself that it was only a telemarketing position with unattainable goals.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was fairly easy. An initial phone interview with a 3rd party company with basic questions, then on campus interview that was standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College (Columbus, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

very relaxed and wanted to ensure you were a good fit. Asked a variety of different questions that pertain to dealing with a variety of people. It was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• give example where you had a difficult situation   1 Answer