Virginia Housing Development Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia Housing Development Authority

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Housing Development Authority (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR person. Called in for face-to-face interview which started with the HR person, then went to a panel. Standard interview questions - how have you dealt with a difficult person, etc. - quite a bit of repetition from one panel member to another. But the process was good.

When the position was offered to another candidate, HR notified me by phone and by email.

Interview Questions

• List BA documents you have used.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Housing Development Authority in April 2015.

Interview

First a phone screen, then a second phone interview several days later with two department managers and then a couple of weeks later meeting in person first with an senior HR person and then the conference room with approximately 8 department managers. Extensive questions which were behavioral in nature. The in-person interview from start to finish was perhaps 2 hours.

Nice people, enjoyed my interview and was disappointed I wasn't chosen. Although I have noticed in the past year since that interview, the position has been re-posted numerous times which is not a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions based on past experiences and how you handled them. Perhaps the question that I found most compelling to the interview asked why I wanted to work for the organization which is where your homework should come in as to the mission of the company and how you relate to it.   Answer Question

Web Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Housing Development Authority (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Lengthy and in-depth hiring process. I met several different people from different departments. Although it appeared like a very efficient process, I learned later that it was just a very practiced one. The job requirements for the position I was eventually hired had not been approved by the department head, and changed half way through my job to something I wasn't interested in doing.

Interview Questions

• Probably the traditional, "What is your greatest weakness." My answer was, "Kryptonite."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation.