Vivint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vivint Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I didn't proceed to interview.

I was told they have good pay and benefits, so I contact their internal recruiter and ask their salary range of similar position. I was asked about my current salary (which I made a mistake to reveal it ), and then come back with a lower title position and a salary range with marginal increase. I said thank you and didn't proceed to interview.

Hope everyone else not making same mistake.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vivint in May 2017.

Interview

My interviewer was over 15 minutes late for my first phone interview. After I texted him to see if we were still on, he called me right back. My interview lasted about 10 minutes which consisted of only 2 rushed questions. At the end, he sounded super positive like things went really well, which I don't know how you can get much from 2 questions in a rushed 10 minutes interview, so that was confusing. Then he said he'd talk to some folks and get right back to me. It's been a month and a half since I've heard anything. I'm not naive enough to be holding out hope, but if you are going to use your HR double-speak and tell me that you'll get right back to me and act like things went really well, we tend to take you at your word. When you don't live up to your promises, it reflects poorly on your company as a whole more than it does your own personal actions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or hard. Just 2 basic questions that didn't allow any actual insight to be shared. Felt like a decision was made already and this was a "check the box activity".   Answer Question

Account Creation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint (Orem, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming and listened to all my questions. Friendly and helpful, overall best interview I've had. She told me all i needed to know about the job. It didn't take very long and I didn't wait too long to go back

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a pone call a few days later and answered a few questions then and there. She liked me so she set me up with an interview with the hiring manager the next week. Within a few days I received a follow up phone call with another manager who asked me only two questions and then I received my official offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever left a job due to changes they have made?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to deal with a customer who was upset with you directly (not in your department/you are not responsible)?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint (Provo, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very direct and asked predetermined questions in rapid fire succession. The interviewer was cold and not overly friendly, but I believe this was done on purpose to make sure you have thick skin and aren't easily broken. The interview lasted for about 25-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you react if we told you after this interview that you wouldn't be a good fit for this role and we don't think you should be in sales?
      Q: How would you feel if your coworker next to you just closed 15 sales for the day and you didn't close any?
      Answer Question

Instal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vivint.

Interview

I got to do an interview for vivint as a home installer. and it was a super easy interview with really easy questions, also no questions were actually tech related. they were just get to know you types. The only bad thing about the experience was that, they said they would call me back a week later and no one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in x(forgot the number) years   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint (Lindon, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

I met with a supervisor and she asked me very typical questions. It was a very laid back interview. It was just one on one and it was over in less than 20 minutes.

Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint (Lindon, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Over the phone, they asked me random question and send me a letter by email, telling me that they offer me the job. They asked me to test my internet speed because I was going to work from home.

After hired me , the trainer ask me why do you think we have to give you this job. And what are your weakness. He questions my abilities to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How you can delete an app in you IPhone?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivint.

Interview

It was good and the people hiring were really welcoming and excited about Vivint. This obviously helped me feel more desire to work there and they were pretty straight forward with me.

Communications Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter do a phone interview, then set up an in person interview. The in person interview was really low key—we had it in the cafe in their main building. Some of the questions were fun instead of being stale the whole time. My only qualm is that they told me they would let me know by March 1st and didn't bother to get back to me until March 23rd. And, the email they sent telling me I did not receive the job was a mass email type. Very impersonal, which is strange considering the position I applied for was fairly high up in the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? (as far as your career goes)   Answer Question