Volkswagen Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Two panel interviews with senior stakeholders and HR. Mostly behavioral questions to assess fit. Was preceeded by online numerical and logic test as well as a behavioural test, thouh these were never discussed at the interview. Interveiws were friendly and I never felt under pressure.
    Location was hard to find as there was poor signage at the location.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 3 to five years time   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2012.

Interview

CV screening: internal reference is a quick way or attend the German Job Fair, which is hosted annually in Beijing and Shanghai
    HR interview: typical behavioural interview, standard questions
    Manager interview: 2 people, typical behavioural interview with some questions being slightly too personal

Negotiation

Aim higher, go tough with the HR

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)).

Interview

The recruitment process for VWFS permanent employees is a lengthy one starting with an initial interview of “getting to know you” and some competency-based questions. If you’re successful this is then followed by an assessment Centre which can be a half to a full day. This assessment centre includes scenarios and more intense competency questions.
    Contractor roles are usually simpler consisting of a single interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VWFS?   1 Answer

Fleet Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Signed up with Manpower who took credit details, job history and experience. They arranged an interview with VWFS at their head office in Milton Keynes. The two interviewers were friendly and personable and really sold the job. There was a written test afterwards where you were to respond to a customer asking for something specific via email, to see if you were suited to the role. I was informed that I would be contacted two weeks after the interview but I have heard nothing back. Emailing Manpower and VWFS has proved fruitless. I am moving on.

Interview Questions

• What brands are under the VW umbrella?   1 Answer

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in December 2016.

Interview

I was initially called by the resourcing manager and asked to complete a credit check. After this I was invited in to go through a 1st stage motivational fit interview and then 2nd Stage Competency based Interview with a presentation

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone for 10 minutes then interview face to face then another face to face interview should you pass the first face to face interview all this for a temporary position, what a joke!

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services.

Interview

I applied via an online portal and had to chase twice to check my application was received. I was then contacted to say I had been shortlisted to interview and a credit check was required. I returned to form and the credit search was run. I then had to follow up every week (despite asking for a return call) to see when my interview would take place. Eventually I called a manager who advised the role had been on hold for a month. Awful process, terrible candidate experience and disengaged recruitment staff who didn’t know what was going on.

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in November 2016.

Interview

I felt that i was being interrogated, they was more focused on the complaint process and what i knew as opposed to my leadership skills. It was tow people interviewing, i was made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was relatively relaxed and informal. They wanted to see if your personality would be a good fit for their environment. The interviewers were very friendly and receptive. It would be best to be honest as if you lie you may end up working in a job situation you yourself will not enjoy

Interview Questions

• A previous time you had to make a customer happy while maintain good business for your company   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview - went ok

Followed by pyschometric, verbal and numerical reasoning tests (at home)

Assessment centre comprising competency based interview - with a hostile interviewer who kept interrupting and questioning to try and throw the candidate off balance, presentation and 2 part role play. Yes, overkill and not really necessary. As a 2 way process you would walk away from that sort of thing. Wont be jumping through those hoops again for any job. Don't need to. See below examples of some of the ridiculous questions from this interview. Nonsense. Everybody has experience of all of this stuff.

They asked all sorts of questions - some repeated from the first interview - e.g. Why do you want to work for VW. Off script questions too - one of the interviewers seemed to be on a power trip. Awful interview etiquette. Probably needs training on how to get the best out of interviewees.

You dont need lengthy questions that ask for the same info again and again - it just gets boring and tedious for the candidate.

And 5 hours without a break is a tad excessive I would say. A waste of everybody's time but a job for HR I guess.

All in all, not a valid or reliable form of assessing people's suitability for a job. People wont bother with the process if they can walk into a good job elsewhere with less time wasting by the prospective employer.

Interview Questions

• How have you built effective two way relationships?   2 Answers
    • Explain what happened when you encountered resistance, what was your approach, what was the outcome and why were you successful?   1 Answer
    • Describe what happened when a key relationship deteriorated   1 Answer
    • Describe how you developed an opportunity   1 Answer
    • Describe what happened when you had to make a complicated decision, what was required and what was the outcome?   1 Answer