Volkswagen Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volkswagen Financial Services Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2018

3.2

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services.

Interview

I applied via an online portal and had to chase twice to check my application was received. I was then contacted to say I had been shortlisted to interview and a credit check was required. I returned to form and the credit search was run. I then had to follow up every week (despite asking for a return call) to see when my interview would take place. Eventually I called a manager who advised the role had been on hold for a month. Awful process, terrible candidate experience and disengaged recruitment staff who didn’t know what was going on.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role online. Contacted a few weeks later and asked to attend an interview on site.
    Despite being told I would hear within a week, over a month past I decided to chase up myself by tracking down the resourcing team.
    When I eventually managed to get in touch with someone, I was informed that the remit for the role had changed significantly.
    I would suggest this is really unfair on candidates who put in a great deal of time and effort in preparation for an interview for the no one to even have the courtesy to get back to them.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview - went ok

Followed by pyschometric, verbal and numerical reasoning tests (at home)

Assessment centre comprising competency based interview - with a hostile interviewer who kept interrupting and questioning to try and throw the candidate off balance, presentation and 2 part role play. Yes, overkill and not really necessary. As a 2 way process you would walk away from that sort of thing. Wont be jumping through those hoops again for any job. Don't need to. See below examples of some of the ridiculous questions from this interview. Nonsense. Everybody has experience of all of this stuff.

They asked all sorts of questions - some repeated from the first interview - e.g. Why do you want to work for VW. Off script questions too - one of the interviewers seemed to be on a power trip. Awful interview etiquette. Probably needs training on how to get the best out of interviewees.

You dont need lengthy questions that ask for the same info again and again - it just gets boring and tedious for the candidate.

And 5 hours without a break is a tad excessive I would say. A waste of everybody's time but a job for HR I guess.

All in all, not a valid or reliable form of assessing people's suitability for a job. People wont bother with the process if they can walk into a good job elsewhere with less time wasting by the prospective employer.

Interview Questions

• How have you built effective two way relationships?   2 Answers
    • Explain what happened when you encountered resistance, what was your approach, what was the outcome and why were you successful?   1 Answer
    • Describe what happened when a key relationship deteriorated   1 Answer
    • Describe how you developed an opportunity   1 Answer
    • Describe what happened when you had to make a complicated decision, what was required and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online from RateMyPlacement.co.uk. Got invited to a telephone interview. Had 1 and a half weeks to prepare from the time they contacted me about the offer. Interviewer was very friendly, and the whole interview lasted around 20-25 minutes. Was informed 3 weeks after that I had not been successful and was asked if I wanted feedback. I requested feedback, however, after a month or so I had not been contacted about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you do at university?
      Tell me about your work experiences?
      What is your biggest achievement?
      What do you know about VWFS and why VWFS?
      How do you handle managing everything like extra-curricular activities and studies?
      Tell me about your course and what do you find difficult about your course.
      Why this particular role?
      What do you think is your biggest challenge about this role?   Answer Question

Business Fleet Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in January 2017.

Interview

I first had to hand in my Curriculum along with a cover letter. As part of the first stage I also had to complete competency questions.
    Around 6 weeks later I received an email telling me that I had been successful and that I was invited to a phone interview. To my surprise, I could not book it in advance and had to book it for that same day.
    There was some sort of error and I was never called so I called back the following day to be told that it was a mistake on their behalf and that I would be doing the phone interview in a couple of hours.
    I was unsuccessful on this phone interview so I did not pass through to the assesment center which would have been the final stage of selection.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced a challenge or difficulty and what did you do in response?   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in November 2016.

Interview

I felt that i was being interrogated, they was more focused on the complaint process and what i knew as opposed to my leadership skills. It was tow people interviewing, i was made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Fleet Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial CV and cover letter application. This is followed by a finance background check. After that is cleared, you receive a telephone interview in which you are asked competency questions and you are to respond in a typical STAR approach. If successful, you are invited to an assessment day which is the final stage of the process. Prior to the assessment day, you are required to complete online numerical, verbal reasoning and personality testing which I found to be difficult. On the day, you have to complete a group activity, you have another set of competency based interviews and finally you present to a panel on the topic of why vwfs? and what you hope to bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with conflicting interests when making a decision   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were customer orientated   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked in a team to achieve an end result and what did you learn from this   Answer Question

Human Resources Undergraduate Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Firstly, they give you a guided tour around the company and the different areas of work. They then give a brief 10/15 minute presentation about the company and the rest of the day. You're then split into groups and given half an hour to go through a scenario and then present it.
    After that comes a one on one interview in one of 4 boxed rooms, and then you have another scenario to work one. You have about 40 minutes to prepare and then give an individual presentation to two assessors.
    Overall, a very long process. Started at 9am, finished around 4pm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Volkswagen Financial Services Response

Apr 25, 2016 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for taking the time to add this information.
    However, I just wanted to make the point that you describe the process for Volkswagen Group, rather than for Volkswagen Financial Services.
    I... More

Risk Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Application form (2 weeks), telephone interview (2 weeks) then assessment centre. The interviewer was a HR lady, very friendly and told me good afternoon twice during the morning interview. LOL. So relax, do your homework and you can do it. Make sure you prepare many good examples of your life stories which show different skills you have. I have found STAR analysis useful, you can google it and try this technique.

Interview Questions

• 1): describe your self?
      2): give me an example to show creative thinking?
      3): give me an example to show planning and organisation skills?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Two panel interviews with senior stakeholders and HR. Mostly behavioral questions to assess fit. Was preceeded by online numerical and logic test as well as a behavioural test, thouh these were never discussed at the interview. Interveiws were friendly and I never felt under pressure.
    Location was hard to find as there was poor signage at the location.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 3 to five years time   1 Answer