Volkswagen Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2018

3.2

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Two panel interviews with senior stakeholders and HR. Mostly behavioral questions to assess fit. Was preceeded by online numerical and logic test as well as a behavioural test, thouh these were never discussed at the interview. Interveiws were friendly and I never felt under pressure.
    Location was hard to find as there was poor signage at the location.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 3 to five years time   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2012.

Interview

CV screening: internal reference is a quick way or attend the German Job Fair, which is hosted annually in Beijing and Shanghai
    HR interview: typical behavioural interview, standard questions
    Manager interview: 2 people, typical behavioural interview with some questions being slightly too personal

Negotiation

Aim higher, go tough with the HR

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone for 10 minutes then interview face to face then another face to face interview should you pass the first face to face interview all this for a temporary position, what a joke!

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in November 2016.

Interview

I felt that i was being interrogated, they was more focused on the complaint process and what i knew as opposed to my leadership skills. It was tow people interviewing, i was made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was relatively relaxed and informal. They wanted to see if your personality would be a good fit for their environment. The interviewers were very friendly and receptive. It would be best to be honest as if you lie you may end up working in a job situation you yourself will not enjoy

Interview Questions

• A previous time you had to make a customer happy while maintain good business for your company   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview - went ok

Followed by pyschometric, verbal and numerical reasoning tests (at home)

Assessment centre comprising competency based interview - with a hostile interviewer who kept interrupting and questioning to try and throw the candidate off balance, presentation and 2 part role play. Yes, overkill and not really necessary. As a 2 way process you would walk away from that sort of thing. Wont be jumping through those hoops again for any job. Don't need to. See below examples of some of the ridiculous questions from this interview. Nonsense. Everybody has experience of all of this stuff.

They asked all sorts of questions - some repeated from the first interview - e.g. Why do you want to work for VW. Off script questions too - one of the interviewers seemed to be on a power trip. Awful interview etiquette. Probably needs training on how to get the best out of interviewees.

You dont need lengthy questions that ask for the same info again and again - it just gets boring and tedious for the candidate.

And 5 hours without a break is a tad excessive I would say. A waste of everybody's time but a job for HR I guess.

All in all, not a valid or reliable form of assessing people's suitability for a job. People wont bother with the process if they can walk into a good job elsewhere with less time wasting by the prospective employer.

Interview Questions

• How have you built effective two way relationships?   2 Answers
    • Explain what happened when you encountered resistance, what was your approach, what was the outcome and why were you successful?   1 Answer
    • Describe what happened when a key relationship deteriorated   1 Answer
    • Describe how you developed an opportunity   1 Answer
    • Describe what happened when you had to make a complicated decision, what was required and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (Milton, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role online. Contacted a few weeks later and asked to attend an interview on site.
    Despite being told I would hear within a week, over a month past I decided to chase up myself by tracking down the resourcing team.
    When I eventually managed to get in touch with someone, I was informed that the remit for the role had changed significantly.
    I would suggest this is really unfair on candidates who put in a great deal of time and effort in preparation for an interview for the no one to even have the courtesy to get back to them.

Head of PMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in December 2014.

Interview

Any management position requires the candidate to go thru a deep assessment review prior to being accepted. It usually takes the entire day, and it involves case presentations and role playing simulations.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest management decision and explain the reasons why you took it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online from RateMyPlacement.co.uk. Got invited to a telephone interview. Had 1 and a half weeks to prepare from the time they contacted me about the offer. Interviewer was very friendly, and the whole interview lasted around 20-25 minutes. Was informed 3 weeks after that I had not been successful and was asked if I wanted feedback. I requested feedback, however, after a month or so I had not been contacted about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you do at university?
      Tell me about your work experiences?
      What is your biggest achievement?
      What do you know about VWFS and why VWFS?
      How do you handle managing everything like extra-curricular activities and studies?
      Tell me about your course and what do you find difficult about your course.
      Why this particular role?
      What do you think is your biggest challenge about this role?   Answer Question

Risk Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen Financial Services (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Application form (2 weeks), telephone interview (2 weeks) then assessment centre. The interviewer was a HR lady, very friendly and told me good afternoon twice during the morning interview. LOL. So relax, do your homework and you can do it. Make sure you prepare many good examples of your life stories which show different skills you have. I have found STAR analysis useful, you can google it and try this technique.

Interview Questions

• 1): describe your self?
      2): give me an example to show creative thinking?
      3): give me an example to show planning and organisation skills?   Answer Question