Voltas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Voltas Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

GET (Mechanical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Voltas (Kolkata (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Round - Online Test (Apti + Hard Core Technical)-
    2nd Round GD - 8 people 10 mins-
    3rd Round - Technical + HR
    120 people sat for the 1st round, 25 people got selected for the 2nd round. Out of which 5 were called for PI. 2 got selected & placed.
    Suggestion- Strong Basic of Air conditioining & refrigeration along with thermodynamics & Machine design

Interview Questions

• Describe Working principle of cooling tower   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Voltas (Chennai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

interview was normal , just related to job profile and interviewers were so decent.mostly they asked
    technical/core questions.one can have confident and only focus on what they know about their field.

Interview Questions

• what is project management? how its different to programme management?   1 Answer

G E T Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voltas (Bhubaneswar (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

IT HAD 3 ROUNDS
    written (consisting of aptitude, english, logical reasoning and technical round ( electrical) )
    Group discussion round
    Interview ( Technical and HR ). At first,students having a CGPA above 7 were shortlisted for the written test,following which a list of candidates who had cleared the written,was declared the very evening.
    Next day,Had the GD and PI , which meant we had to clear the GD for qualifying and going ahead for the PI,is how this came down to.

Interview Questions

• Ranged from real life situations to different portions of electrical ( battery, AC/DC , generators, alternators, networks, power, electrical drives, speed control )   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

Interview

It was like any other campus recruitment. A lot of 350 , comprising of mechanical and electrical students sat for the written test,followed by a group discussion and an interview round comprising of a technical round and an HR round.

Interview Questions

• What is the basic layout of an electrical drive system?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Voltas.

Interview

One technical round directly taken by Head Operations and one HR round. The interview call came from job consultants and the interview arranged within 10 days. After the interview was taken they took 1 month to give their decision and 1 month to send the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Not much technical questions as nobody is so technically sound.   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 months

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Voltas.

Interview

at college
    online test- both aptitude and technical, basic aptitude very easy , english section was average, logical reasoning was also of easy level, technical questions was mostly from thermodynamics and RAC.
    GD- Common GD topics only mostly social issues like - women empowerment, social media boon or bane, etc
    interview - both technical and HR together

Interview Questions

• it was quiet easy but you have to prepare your 2-3 subjects perfectly they only asks from that
      summer training is very important .
      questions on management related problems too .
      and some HR questions !
      Answer Question

Service Engineer TMD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voltas.

Interview

Written test all based on technical background then GD then 1 round of interview that was with manager than another round of interview with VP.It took two days but overall it was a nice experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Voltas (New Delhi (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

It had a resume Shortlisting then a GD round and finally a personal interview. The resume shortlisting was done by the company before coming on campus, the gd round had a specific topic and not an abstract one, mostly relating to current affairs, and personal interview was both technical and HR round

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pantnagar (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voltas (Pantnagar (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

it was a three phase interview round,
    passing on from HR dept to heads of other dept.

and then paper work and in the end the medical check up.

finally the scheduled date of appointment for the first day of office and the offer letter comes after a few weeks

Interview Questions

• all and mostly the basic hr questions plus the questions from technical background   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Voltas (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Was recruited from the college.The process included 2 online tests (1 technical and the other general reasoning), difficulty level was so so,the English section though seemed to be copied directly out of an old CAT paper.
    Then there was a technical interview immediately followed by an HR interview.The technical interview was based mainly on the basics on RAC,Voltas Ltd. being an air conditioner manufacturer were looking for candidates with strong basic knowledge of the subject.
    Overall the selection process was a good experience and it took the whole day for the entire process.The name of the selected candidates were announced a week later.

Interview Questions

• Would be OK shifting base to a new city, viz., Chennai (very specific).   1 Answer