Volume Nine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volume Nine (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to come in for an interview.
    Went in for an interview that went well. Then had a phone screening with HR. Went in for another follow up interview. NEVER HEARD BACK! The fact that they never reached back out to me after taking me so far through the interview process was rude and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

Volume Nine Response

Jun 1, 2016 – VP, People & Finance

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review about your interview experience with Volume Nine back in January 2016. It sounds like you did get a few steps into the... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volume Nine in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great overall. It does take quite a bit of time, but I never felt like I was waiting around for a response. There are three steps, a questionnaire, a call, and then an in-person interview. Volume Nine was clear from the start that the interview process is not short, as they are trying to find the best fit for them and take additional steps to do so, which I really appreciated.

The questionnaire gave me a good understanding of the depth and breadth of knowledge that Volume Nine was looking for. It was about 20 short answer questions. The call was great with the People Department after that. Super laid back and easy going. Lastly, the in-person meeting was with the President and the Account Director and was also very relaxed. They were both very cognizant of my time. A few days later, I was asked to provide three references and I received a formal offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you learned recently about SEO and email marketing?   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volume Nine (Denver, CO) in July 2018.

Interview

The process started with an online questionnaire after I applied, followed by a phone call. After the phone call, I had two informal meetings with different people on the team as they were considering different departments for me to be a part of. They were always responsive and I never felt like they had forgotten me, and were always clear about next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your broader digital marketing background.   Answer Question

Oct 15, 2018 – President

Thanks for leaving a review of the interview process and for the positive feedback. We know the interview process can take a few weeks and we are glad you hung in there and are happy to have you as... More

SEO Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volume Nine (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was great! Everyone I met was friendly, flexible, transparent, and extremely knowledgable. Their great company culture was definitely apparent throughout the entirety of the process. HR went out of their way to schedule another follow up call to discuss benefits, pay, ect. with me after our initial conversation.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volume Nine (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a very positive interview process that lasted about 3.5 weeks.

After submitting an application/cover letter via email/LinkedIn I heard back from the People Department within a week. I had been selected to move to the next step, which was a questionnaire. The questionnaire consisted of about 15 fun essay questions so that the team could get to know more about my personality, agency experience, & digital marketing skill set. I submitted the questionnaire and heard back within a week again, this time to set up a preliminary phone interview.

The phone interview went great & the interviewer was very friendly. It consisted of more questions similar to those on the questionnaire, and then I was told more about the company culture and great work-life balance at V9. We scheduled an in-person interview at the office for the following week before ending the call.

The in person interview was a great experience as well. The team took the time to bring 4 leaders/decision makers into the interview. All 4 were very friendly, answered all my questions, and asked more about my resume, experience, and personal interests.

Following the in person meeting, I was asked for professional and personal references. 1 - 2 weeks later I received a call & formal offer. I was impressed with the communication and promptness during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you excelled in communication with your team members at your last agency   Answer Question
    • What were some of the ways that you kept your manager updated on your your progress with tasks throughout the days/weeks?   Answer Question
    • It sounds like you've applied to a lot of different positions, what is your ideal next position?   Answer Question
    • What are your other hobbies outside of work?   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Volume Nine (Glendale, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Wouldn't waste your time...Started with a phone screen and moved into an interview with 2 directors and the head of client experience. The process was positive up until the offer which was given verbally 3x, after that it took close to 2 weeks for references to be contacted, and ultimately the company went completely radio silent. To string someone along following an offer and then to provide no insight whatsoever as to why the decision was reversed is so incredibly unprofessional that I can only imagine the way other matters in their office are handled. Not to mention, their benefits package is awful even compared to other small agencies.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situational and asked for you to describe specific examples or instances   Answer Question

Mar 15, 2018 – VP, People & Finance

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from April 2017. I do apologize that your experience was less than ideal.

You are right that your particular interview process was a bit... More