Vulcan Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (Irwindale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to the first interview which seemed to go well. Panel of three, all very nice and made me feel comfortable. Heard nothing for about three weeks and then called back for a second interview with another panel of three. It seemed very promising. I was told that I would hear back from them by Wednesday (5 days). It has now been going on three weeks and I have heard nothing. If they would have followed up with an email stating I did not get the position, I would have given the overall experience a thumbs up. That is the least a company can do after taking the time to interview twice. I did find that many of the employees there have at least 15 years with the company which is a good sign.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever had any experience weighing the trucks to verify they are of legal weight. (he actually used a different term that I had not heard of although I knew he did mean taking the weight)   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials in March 2017.

Interview

Conducted first brief phone interview. This interview was just to get the basics of my interest in Vulcan Materials and what Vulcan has to offer. The interview was 10-15 minutes long and the result was forwarded to management for a future interview face to face.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in Vulcan Materials.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials.

Interview

Great people, very easy to speak with. Seems like it would be a nice place to work. They were down to earth, but intelligent and reasonable. Would love to work with them.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (Springfield, VA).

Interview

Process took a month when I was in college. Met with sales rep, area manager, and VP for 2 hours. Had conversations with them tonsee how personable you are. Very nice group of guys to interview with. Not a difficult interview if you can articulate your points

Interview Questions

• They were asking about how I would handle certain situations with customers. How personable you are   Answer Question

Summer Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (Thomasville, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 individuals. When I asked a technical question related to quarry operations they gave me an answer unrelated to my question. They asked questions that were not related to the position. They told me they would contact me in about 1 to 2 weeks and they never notified me one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to the college you did? They redirected to that topic several times.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials.

Interview

1st round telephone interview with HR to get pre-screened. After telephone interview was then invited to interview with management and those you will be working directly with. Not too difficult interview. Mostly behavioral questions with a few technical questions.

Electricians Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weatherford, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (Weatherford, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Did a pretty in depth telephone screening about 3 ,weeks after submitting resume. Was invited in for an interview following week. Was impressed by mutual respect of mgmt team and the high regard they held for their direct reports. Is a large Corp. But decentralized such that it functions as a family business at local level. Was offered job day after interview. Salary a little on the low side but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that rewards will follow performance

Interview Questions

• Automation and safety toicd   1 Answer

Negotiation

Inflexible on starting pay, no promises but have the impression they will be more flexible to retain proven performers

Environmental Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 4 parter
    I met with different teams all asking basically about my skills and experience.
    The interview was scheduled by a recruiter took about 2 weeks to schedule. The interview was 1 day but didn't hear back from them for 3 months

Plant Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Online App, got a call from the Plant Manager to ask if interested, scheduled an interview with him, interviewed with Plant Management/ HR/Accountant. Received a call about two weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working here?   1 Answer

Dispatcher IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vulcan Materials (Irwindale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was held at the main office in Irwindale with the operations manager, sales manager and dispatch manager with a representative with human resources on conference call. The operations manager was the person who I would answer to so he did most of the questioning and the sales manager asked questions about my customer interactions and familiarity with particular companies. Very low key and semi-informal. The HR rep only asked one question. The whole interview lasted approximately a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer or individual was angry or complaining and how you handled it.   Answer Question