W.B. Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.B. Mason Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

Nothing to hard. You need a college degree which is the biggest thing. Wear a shirt and tie to interview preferably a suit jacket as well. HR will call you but it took some reps up to 4 months of being verbally hired to actually get the job. you make be waiting a but longer than expected so keep applying for better jobs.

Interview Questions

• will ask about your selling background and if you have guts to cold call   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Brockton, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Really enjoyed the interview process, met with the team in Brockton and then at the Boston location. Would have accepted the offer if hiring for the position wasn't put on hold.

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very unique interview unlike any I had before. The managers were very social which made me feel comfortable. It started off by me picking a random chair out of a dozen. Then we proceeded to talk about the job requirements.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason in February 2017.

Interview

1. Email
    2. In person interview
    3. Ride along, then interview with hiring manager.

-Received an email telling me they would love to speak about the position. Then the "Sales Administrator" called me and left a voicemail duplicating everything from the email. When I responded to the email, they mentioned they wanted to expedite the process and skip a phone interview and move directly to an in-person interview. I was briefed beforehand by the Sales Administrator that I would be meeting a group of 5 managers and the hiring manager at this meeting. I showed up and there was only one of the people there and it was very casual, but lacking any communication in regard to the plan the administrator had told me. That raised a flag. He basically was staring at my resume and trying to ask questions off the top of the head so it seemed like they were more interested in a candidate not a specific type of candidate.

I had a ride along that next week. It was cool to see a day in the life of the Sales Reps, but it wasn't anything exciting. The company has little focus on selling furniture, more focused on selling pens and paper - which is understandable from an office supply company. But the way the the salary works is by a base salary that over time has to be "paid back" by selling... can take some time with pen and paper. Then at that point you move into a commission structure or a management structure.

Not a very professional environment, but the suit-n-tie uniform tries to say otherwise.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

Interview process literally consists of them just liking you. Barely any qualifications if any. Need to know if you have a car but if you are looking to work in the city then no need. Need to be a hard working other wise no point

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Brockton, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Came in for two interviews that were extended over a two month time period... first was with HR who could not describe the position and had no insight on anything related to the job and really talked about non-related items. The second interview was much more informative and conversational, however the receptionists truly gave me insight on the company culture. As I waited for my interviewer, the receptionists kept going on and on about some of the "caddy" and "nosey" people they work with. Also, at this point I had already been looking for other jobs that were more in line with what I was looking for since I didn't hear back from after first interview until three weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

Interview is straight forward. If you have a clean background and good driving record if your applying for a route driver then you shouldn't have any problems getting hired. You also will need to pass a drug test and get your DOT card. Interview was about 30 minutes. I got offered the job right after and started working that next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a clean driving record?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple Interview. Interview people basically told me not to take the job. Told me that they basically said everything I had said in my interview. Waited a while in the lobby before the interview. Talked about themselves and the company the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years. How do you separate yourself from just a resume   Answer Question

Warehouse Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Columbia, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked about my previous warehouse experience. I worked at amazon for a few months. They asked how it was there. And what were my benefits there. Also asked What i did specifically

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. The talked about my resume and why I wanted to be in sales. Gave me a basic description of the job another manager came in after. Very young work atmosphere. Hard goals to reach