W.B. Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.B. Mason Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Woburn, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Managers do not care about keeping you waiting. No need to show up early or on time because I was seen late 3 separate occasions for interviews. No excitement or eagerness toward new candidates. Did 5 rounds of interviews and ended up getting up and walking away during the 5th after waiting 3 hours to be seen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Hamden, CT) in May 2018.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews. I made it to the second round and shadowed for an entire day with the sales rep. I was then told that they would call me within the next couple of days to schedule the final interview (I was assured there would be one). I didn't hear from them since and have reached out several times. I found out through a friend who works in a different office that they went on a hiring freeze. That's fine but I would have appreciated a heads up. Unprofessional.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Brockton, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

met with manager of group, answer tech questions, met with two group members, reviewed code examples, explained what code was doing. asked to complete two programming questions. follow up interview with sr. mgmt. fairly testing knowledge, open discussion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. And scheduled an interview with South Florida office in Fort Lauderdale. It was a very basic interview the company said they would get back to me with an or offer or no offer. And I received neither. For a company in existence for over 100 years this is simply unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What Motivates you to succeed in the work place as well as, in life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, in person interview, and a "ride along." I was not given the opportunity to have a final interview despite verbal commitment. Unprofessional environment. It was seemingly a good company to work for to start a sales career.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

Nothing to hard. You need a college degree which is the biggest thing. Wear a shirt and tie to interview preferably a suit jacket as well. HR will call you but it took some reps up to 4 months of being verbally hired to actually get the job. you make be waiting a but longer than expected so keep applying for better jobs.

Interview Questions

• will ask about your selling background and if you have guts to cold call   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Brockton, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Really enjoyed the interview process, met with the team in Brockton and then at the Boston location. Would have accepted the offer if hiring for the position wasn't put on hold.

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very unique interview unlike any I had before. The managers were very social which made me feel comfortable. It started off by me picking a random chair out of a dozen. Then we proceeded to talk about the job requirements.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Woburn, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard, they took a week to call me back and they offered me a ride along. From there we waited another week and I got an offer from the employer asking me to start in a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with failure   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason in February 2017.

Interview

1. Email
    2. In person interview
    3. Ride along, then interview with hiring manager.

-Received an email telling me they would love to speak about the position. Then the "Sales Administrator" called me and left a voicemail duplicating everything from the email. When I responded to the email, they mentioned they wanted to expedite the process and skip a phone interview and move directly to an in-person interview. I was briefed beforehand by the Sales Administrator that I would be meeting a group of 5 managers and the hiring manager at this meeting. I showed up and there was only one of the people there and it was very casual, but lacking any communication in regard to the plan the administrator had told me. That raised a flag. He basically was staring at my resume and trying to ask questions off the top of the head so it seemed like they were more interested in a candidate not a specific type of candidate.

I had a ride along that next week. It was cool to see a day in the life of the Sales Reps, but it wasn't anything exciting. The company has little focus on selling furniture, more focused on selling pens and paper - which is understandable from an office supply company. But the way the the salary works is by a base salary that over time has to be "paid back" by selling... can take some time with pen and paper. Then at that point you move into a commission structure or a management structure.

Not a very professional environment, but the suit-n-tie uniform tries to say otherwise.