W.B. Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.B. Mason Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.3

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

I sent in my resume and got a call from one of the administrators to come in for an interview. My initial interview was with the Director of Marketing. I was called back for a second interview to meet with the Art Director and the Manager of eCommerce (who would be my supervisor). We discussed my portfolio in depth, and I was called a few days later with an offer from an administrator.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more of a discussion than a quiz, so this is not applicable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was called by an administrator, not one of my interviewers, so there wasn't an opportunity to counter the offer.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

Interviewed two times. Both interviews were with the furniture manager and trainer. Presented my portfolio and discussed past work experience. Dress attire is formal. Suit and tie for the gentlemen. Was offered a position after the second interview over the phone. Salary was fair but not negotiable.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. They want to get a feel for your personality and work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Cranbury, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

I arrived in a business suit, my interview was by the District GM wearing t-shirt and shorts. After the interview I was not given the tour of the warehouse, and after year, I now know why.

Interview Questions

• none, the interview lacked questions of knowledge and experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Originally interviewed with Marketing; however, I immediately was turned off by those interviewing me on their cell phones the entire time. Not only did they not pay attention to me, but they had an "I'm better than you" attitude to ensure you are put in your place at the bottom of the totem pole. Completely unprofessional and unenthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be in our Marketing Department, as you have no experience in Marketing (I was a college grad).   1 Answer

Business Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Brockton, MA).

Interview

I went in for an interview for a cash posting position where I would be earning an hourly rate. After reviewing my resume and seeing I had a masters degree, they decided to interview me for a position in IT in the Business Services department. So I went in a separate time for the first interview for the new position. And then my final interview was with the CIO and was more about the IT department.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any tough questions, but they did ask what I knew about IT, and since I went to school for business my knowledge was very limited.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all because they had bumped me up already from a lower paying position to a better paying one.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Woburn, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard, they took a week to call me back and they offered me a ride along. From there we waited another week and I got an offer from the employer asking me to start in a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with failure   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a friend who worked in another branch forward my resume to the manager in charge of the branch I was applying to. I was asked to come in for an interview which started as 1:1 and then turned into a panel interview with other managers. Interview was very relaxed and laid back feel, questions were very basic. 2nd "interview" was me coming back and shadowing a current employee for the day.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one thing in the interview room to describe yourself what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate as I was still in college at the time and was desperate to just find a job. Not sure they would be open for negotiations since their practice is hiring young people (mostly directly from college) with little or no experience.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview process. First, you have an individual interview with the branch manager and one of the other managers. Mine was very relaxed and casual. The second step is a ride-along with one of the reps where they take you out in the field to go cold-calling on customers or on follow-ups. The third part is a follow-up interview with the branch manager again. It was at this time that he offered me a position, though from talking to coworkers, this isn't always the case.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you would fit well in a sales position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Hamden, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

FUN! Went in so nervous but all of the managers are VERY down to earth. They try and get a gist for more of what you're like as a person than how well you can memorize responses.

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (North Haven, CT).

Interview

The bottom line is they are a great place to gain experience in cold calling. The traditional hard way...face to face marketing...door to door floor to floor...every business is a customer. You will be meeting all types of different people and everyday you are out there meeting customers. One of the great reps who came through WB actually cold called one of the locations with his resume and asked to speak with the branch manager for a sales role. They are looking for likable hard working people who are willing to open up business. Be yourself with a background of professionalism. WB has a baseball culture and consider themselves a blue-collar sales company. Be prepared to work hard and be required to do whatever it takes. Sales, deliveries, account receivable if people don't pay, furniture project management. You essentially are building your own book of business and have to manage the processing required. Great place to learn the ropes of traditional cold calling.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work hard?   1 Answer