WNET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WNET

2.5

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interview process was a bit haphazard. not everyone scheduled to interview was actually available and one did not know any details about the position they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty shady. the person negotiating was obviously not interested in being fair.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The experience was very smooth and pleasant. I was contact by an HR representative, who didn't waste my time with stupid situational questions. She rather booked me for an interview, we talked a little, and let me go -- the way a talk with HR should go, as HR reps don't understand the jobs they are recruiting for!

My interview wasn't so much a formal interview as it was a conversation between me and the man who would be my superior. We talked for about an hour. He was interested in my career path, my skills, and we talked back and forth about what he was looking for and what I could offer. However, it became very clear I was grossly under-qualified for what they needed. But it was one of the most enjoyable interviewing experiences I've ever had.

Best of all: I didn't get an offer, but HR contacted me to let me know they were pursuing other candidates, which you'd think would be a common practice, but it's so, so rare that happens. WNET did contact me, though, and I respect that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WNET.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the head of HR within a couple days. We set up a Skype interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the head of HR and a producer for the show I applied for. It was a very standard interview and they were both very nice. 2 days later I got an email offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why WNET?
      Are you familiar with our work?
      Why do you want to work in TV?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a response to my application within 24 hours and scheduled it for the next week. The HR rep was very accommodating when the initially proposed dates didn't work. I met with the HR rep, a producer and assistant for one of the departments at WNET. They were courteous and asked standard questions.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very thorough and efficient! Met with the hiring manager 3 times to review processes and applications, overall I was very satisfied with this approach. After proving myself worthy, I felt very comfortable working with the hiring manager.

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR for a phone interview within a month but then heard nothing until 2 months later with invitation for in-person interview. Heard nothing from them after that, despite having 2 1-on-1 interviews!

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly about my experience. It felt like they just wanted to meet me because I had an interesting background but it wasn't clear how much interest they had in considering me as a serious candidate.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

15 - 20 min, the interviewers were dressed very casual, they asked about being able to speak two languages, my prior editing classes, why I wanted to go into children's media
    the interview was in their office in Manhattan

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy for me. As long as you know a little bit about the company and what you want to get out of the fellowship, you should be golden!

Interview Questions

• Where do you hope to see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Director, Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted on line, had a personal referral so I went to the front of the line. Had a lot of experience in the space and hit it off with the hiring manager and the HR intake person. Over a 6-week period interviewed with 4people in top management. All went fine, they were amiable. Then a group meeting with the team I would be managing. All straightforward.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty softball questions. Like I said the job wasn't a stretch. But my hiring mgr was concerned I was overqualified but liked me enough to figure we could build a path.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward. One conversation because I knew what the space was playing. The hiring manager didn't play games.

Marketing/Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was scheduled for two back-to-back interviews with the two main people the person in that position would be working with. The job wasn't for me, but everyone I met there was very nice and passionate about what they do, and it was great to talk with all of them. They asked a lot of typical questions (examples of times I faced x problem, got x results, etc) and were very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you reorganized a bad workflow to create better results.   Answer Question