WNET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WNET Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

HR phone call was very cursory, and seemed more interested in discussing salary requirements than providing information on the company.

In-person meeting with hiring manager was fine. Hiring manager was more interested in micro-view questions like past campaign work (I could have just given you case studies, had you asked) and "what-if-you-had-this-job" hypotheticals instead of a more macro-view discussion on the role social media has in, or the challenges and opportunities specific to, the company. No discussion about the company's own strategies and philosophies about social, nor mine. No discussion about how non-linear viewing habits effect marketing linear TV, and what or how social/digital can contribute to overcome those. The interview was more basic and focused on tactics and process than I've had in years, it was a bit jarring.

HR ignored follow-ups, until sending a form letter rejection email weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WNET.

Interview

Applied through HR and through contact. Got an Interview after contact sent my resume to HR separately a couple months after online application. Got email from HR the day after asking to set up an interview date. Was interviewed by HR and an Associate Producer. They were both very nice and warm. It felt more like a conversation. Very positive experience.

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy for me. As long as you know a little bit about the company and what you want to get out of the fellowship, you should be golden!

Interview Questions

• Where do you hope to see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

NJTV News Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WNET.

Interview

Very generic and uninspired questions but seemingly professional at first. Recieved an email shortly after asking for references and was then completely led on for over a month while they (twice!) claimed to be checking them. References were never called, however, and a follow-up email asking for an update on the process was ignored. Rudest and most unprofessional interview experience I've ever had.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The experience was very smooth and pleasant. I was contact by an HR representative, who didn't waste my time with stupid situational questions. She rather booked me for an interview, we talked a little, and let me go -- the way a talk with HR should go, as HR reps don't understand the jobs they are recruiting for!

My interview wasn't so much a formal interview as it was a conversation between me and the man who would be my superior. We talked for about an hour. He was interested in my career path, my skills, and we talked back and forth about what he was looking for and what I could offer. However, it became very clear I was grossly under-qualified for what they needed. But it was one of the most enjoyable interviewing experiences I've ever had.

Best of all: I didn't get an offer, but HR contacted me to let me know they were pursuing other candidates, which you'd think would be a common practice, but it's so, so rare that happens. WNET did contact me, though, and I respect that.

Senior Social Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very nice. I didn't get hired, but the the senior talent acquisition generalist told me to keep in touch. Since then, I've applied for several roles, always notifying her. She has warmly welcomed my applications and passed them on, along with advice on why I might or might not be a good fit for a certain role. Over a year later, she remembers me and appreciates my diligence and love of the brand. It encourages me to keep applying because, if the company treats candidates so well, they must treat their employees even better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WNET.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the head of HR within a couple days. We set up a Skype interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the head of HR and a producer for the show I applied for. It was a very standard interview and they were both very nice. 2 days later I got an email offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why WNET?
      Are you familiar with our work?
      Why do you want to work in TV?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a response to my application within 24 hours and scheduled it for the next week. The HR rep was very accommodating when the initially proposed dates didn't work. I met with the HR rep, a producer and assistant for one of the departments at WNET. They were courteous and asked standard questions.

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR for a phone interview within a month but then heard nothing until 2 months later with invitation for in-person interview. Heard nothing from them after that, despite having 2 1-on-1 interviews!

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly about my experience. It felt like they just wanted to meet me because I had an interesting background but it wasn't clear how much interest they had in considering me as a serious candidate.   Answer Question

Director, Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WNET (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted on line, had a personal referral so I went to the front of the line. Had a lot of experience in the space and hit it off with the hiring manager and the HR intake person. Over a 6-week period interviewed with 4people in top management. All went fine, they were amiable. Then a group meeting with the team I would be managing. All straightforward.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty softball questions. Like I said the job wasn't a stretch. But my hiring mgr was concerned I was overqualified but liked me enough to figure we could build a path.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward. One conversation because I knew what the space was playing. The hiring manager didn't play games.