Wachtell Lipton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachtell Lipton

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wachtell Lipton (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through the company's website and received a call asking me to do an interview with them in New York. The formal part of the interview only lasted about 20 min, and the corporate paralegal coordinator had one of the paralegals go around and introduce me to the other paralegals. The second, more informal part of the interview lasted about an hour so the interview lated a lot longer than I expected.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask too hard questions. Tell me about how you work in a team environment, give me an example of how you handle stress/pressure.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachtell Lipton (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

the interview process was that i send in a cover letter from the firm's website. the firm responded to schedule an interview, which was one fit interview that described why i would be a good fit for the job, what were my strengths and weaknesses. then, i asked what the main functions of the job would be. i understood it would be a lot of work, and i was asked if i was prepared for that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Legal Secy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wachtell Lipton (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Scored well on testing. Pleasant working environment. Treated the guy in the mailroom with same respect as a partner. Professional environment. Nice people. Great job. Senior Partners treated all employees with same respect, regardless of subordinate position or not. Well-respect, well-groomed, and high powered attorneys. Great working environment,

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachtell Lipton in March 2009.

Interview

I was recommended for the job by a former employee so my interview process was atypically short. I do not know what the typical recruiting process looks like. I interviewed with five people during my call back, three partners and one associate. The conversations were intellectual but the interviewing style was not hostile or stressful in the least bit. The topics ranged from previous legal experience to hobbies and books.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present and analyze a legal issue that i encountered and wrote a memorandum about.   1 Answer