Wag Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wag Hotels Interview Questions

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wag Hotels (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Submit an online application.
    2. HR in Sacramento reviews the application and contacts you to set-up a phone interview. Wag Hotels also holds on-site interview fairs from time to time on weekends, especially during the summer.
    3. If phone interview is successful, an in-person interview is set-up with the store manager or HR.
    4. If an in-person interview is successful, you will be notified via phone or email.

If you already have a full-time job, it may take some time to set the interview up as HR stated they can only schedule interviews between 9AM - 4PM, even if you are applying for an evening or graveyard shift.

Interview Questions

• They will go over the questions you filled out on the online form and ask a few additional questions:

* Tell me about yourself.
      * Tell me about your experience in the animal care industry or any relevant or related schooling or experience you may have.
      * How do you "pack manage"?
      * What words best describe yourself?
      * What are your strengths?
      * What are your weaknesses?
      * How do you deal with repetitive tasks?
      * Do you have any pets of your own?
      * What do you hope to get out of this job?
      * Do you have any additional questions about the company or the position you are applying for?
      * What is your availability (you must be available to work holidays)

Check out an article that came out on East Bay Times so that you know a little bit more about the company before your interview:
      http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breaking-news/ci_30105668/wags-new-oakland-luxury-pet-hotel-puts-dog   Answer Question

All Day Play Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wag Hotels (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Very laid back but thorough. Enjoyable and not very stressful. Went over my qualifications and had a few sample scenario questions. Called back three days after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make sure that the group is under control?   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wag Hotels.

Interview

Submitted resume after a referral from employee - told that the company is always hiring. Had one-on-one interview with facilities manager after submitting resume. Friendly, pretty straightforward about what the job would entail/pay rate (guest services is a physically demanding position and requires proper cleaning and maintenance of the entire facility). Questioned about knowledge of animal behavior and customer service skills/experience. Hired at the end of interview, began orientation and training within the week.

Interview Questions

• In a doomsday scenario, if you were the only person in the facility how would you handle taking care of 200+ animals? What would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

All Day Play Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wag Hotels (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Craigslist posting for seasonal position. Was contacted about a week after submitting my resume (be sure to include any animal related experience, even just pets at home).

They were very polite when I came to the front desk for the interview, they called the manager and she promptly brought me to the interview room.

It was a one on one interview.

She was happy and relaxed, she asked basic questions and then went into a couple more specific questions.

I was asked about my experiences working with animals, dogs in particular but also other animals that I have experience with. What are different signs dogs give about their mood, Availablity, my strengths & weaknesses, etc. Answer honestly, if you dont know, just say so....they do training and are more than willing to help you learn if they see an interest.

I felt very satisfied after the interview as it was much more like a conversation than a stiff interview.

All the staff I encountered seemed happy and glad to be working there. The ADP staff that I saw was calm and seemed relaxed but aware of what each dog was doing.

I received a phone call 2-3 days later with the job offer, my first day they went straight into training. I spent a little over 2 weeks with another staff in the room with me before I was by myself in the room. They did not put me in a room by myself until they were confident that I would be able to handle the group (even after I'd been in the same room a couple times before. Different dogs, different room dynamic)

Interview Questions

• If you're in a room with 20 dogs and no toys, what would you do?   1 Answer