Wag! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wag!

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple- you had to have basic knowledge about dog harnesses and different safety measures to make sure both you and the dog have a good experience. You have to take two different tests and have an in-person orientation before you can start walking dogs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you meet a dog for the first time? How would you set yourself up for success on the walk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wag! (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Very brief phone screen, maybe 10 min. After being approved, I had to sign up for an orientation spot, which resembled an HR new-hire orientation (there were no additional questions or tests during this portion). Once my background check c

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I first applied and took the online Puppy Quiz. Then the online Wag! Safety Test. Then the Wag! Walker App Quiz. After passing all that, you get to sign up for a phone interview, but every slot was full for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I was nervous about the phone interview, but it was super quick and easy. They just call and ask a few questions, and then you sign up for an orientation time. Other than waiting for the phone interview, the whole process is easy. Just make sure you study up on the different harnesses and leashes!

Anonymous Employee in North Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (North Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I didn't meet another human, or dog, the entire time. At first, I thought this was a way to speed things up, which it is, but only so you get entirely screwed over by a machine and pages of terms and conditions and an onboarding fee before you realize that Wag is now streamlined to take advantage of new hires.

Interview Questions

• How would you put on this collar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was no interview process besides taking a few basic multiple choice tests, about leashes and basic commands. Passing a Background Test. Submitting references
     Then there was 1 test run on Wag's App.

Hiring Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a third party website and shortly after received an email to set up a phone interview. Post phone interview I was asked to come in for a one on one interview. I was then asked back for a second interview with upper management. Everybody was friendly and seemed really passionate about working for Wag!

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous work experience will help you in being successful in the role you are applying for?   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wag! (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Painfully long just to be a dog walker, a five step process of watching videos and a phone interview that anyone could fudge just by saying how much they love dogs.
    The last part is a very boring orientation in person that could definitely be done online if absolutely necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a wag walker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively simple and similar to any other online/app-based care positions. One must complete some extensive "quizzes" with basic pet care and home care questions. There are a couple of short videos followed by quizzes regarding dog care and use of the Wag app. They require 3 references.

Interview Questions

• What are some common leashes? What do they look like? What is their function and how are they applied and used?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Listed my references and heard back within a few days from wag. They have an initial video/phone interview and then an orientation to get acquainted with the app and gear.

Interview Questions

• What is your background working with dogs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wag! (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Short 5 minute conversation with a Wag rep to talk about my dog care experience and ability to respond to tricky situations. We talked about how to use the Wag App and how to earn extra money just by referring my friends and family.

Interview Questions

• How to approach a dog for the first time when an owner is not present.   Answer Question