Walter P. Moore and Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walter P. Moore and Associates Interview Questions

2.7

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates (Orlando, FL).

Interview

After I applied I was contacted to set up a time for me to visit and interview. The interview itself ran all day. I met with everyone in the office and had one on ones with each of them throughout the day. It was pretty much both sides trying to see if we were a good fit for one another. Overall, it wasn't too stressful. I heard back about 1-2 weeks after the interview.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Originally contacted by in-house recruiter who set up a phone interview with the Managing Director. An interview was set up for a later date at the office where I would meet one-on-one with a few of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Would you see yourself in a management role or a technical role?   Answer Question

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates.

Interview

It was nonexistent. Their recruiter harassed me. He told me to quit applying to Walter P Moore. He is incapable of reading resumes. Their recruiting department told me I don't do structural engineering even though my resume has nothing but structural engineering projects on it and I am licensed as one. My first grade daughter could read resumes better than their recruiters.

Interview Questions

• There were none because I was being insulted through the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates.

Interview

They came to my college campus in the fall and had an information session and did interviews (a quick introductory interview). I interviewed then but hadn't applied online yet- did that around Christmas break (for upcoming May openings). They contacted me a few weeks later and flew me out to one their offices for an interview.

It was a day-long interview, with 30-minute 1 on 1 sessions with people (starting with HR, a few principals, a few mid-level people, and some younger folks too). For the most part I wasn't asked the same questions from each person, and the people were friendly. Some people asked more behavioral questions (strengths/weakness etc.) and some asked mostly about my resume, with no quizzes or problems to solve by hand or anything like that. A few younger people took me out to lunch as well. My thoughts/opinion on it- somewhat of a long day, but getting to speak with a variety of people at different levels and with different backgrounds was a really good experience. Heard back about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied with the different people but mostly consisted of asking about my resume/experience as well as some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates.

Interview

Interview with controller, lead PA, and Hr mgr. Controller is cold, has no feelings, stares at you like you are bothering her. If you can get passed that you are okay.

Structural Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Flew me to check out the company. Great atmosphere driven culture. More personality questions to make sure you;d be a right fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates in March 2014.

Interview

They came to our campus to interview grad students. An email was sent on the listserv and almost everyone who was interested got a chance to interview. The preceding evening there was an info session. There were two reps and everyone got about fifteen minutes to talk to each representative during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my past design experience.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

Laid back but extensive interview with a variety of different people at different experience levels.

Interview Questions

• None that come to mind. It was mostly questions about background or classes taken. What were my technical interests or passions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates (Dallas, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone call and then in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me a nice letter and I was happy with it...so negotiating.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walter P. Moore and Associates.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, applying as a gradate engineer, I was contacted about an opening in one of their offices. They requested a copy of my transcripts and three references, if I was interested in the position. I submitted the requested information, and I was contacted again to come in for an interview. Since the position was 1,100 miles away, they paid all of my travel expenses (Airfare, Hotel, Taxi, Dining).

Once I arrived for the interview, I first met with a nice women from HR. She explained all of the benefits the company had to offer. The remainder of the day I met with 9 other employees of varying levels of experience, ranging from 3 years to 31 years with the company. For lunch, they took me to a nice dining establishment near the office.

All of the interviews were set up to give me a feel for the office, and all of the questions directed towards me were general about my education and experience. At the end of the day they promptly ended to make sure I had enough time to catch my flight home.

The reimbursement for the expenses were paid in a timely fashion. They did not, however, respond within the time frame that they said they would, requiring for me to contact them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or even anything that was unexpected.   Answer Question