Washington State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Washington State University

2.3

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

The interview was very professional and provided me an opportunity to ask questions and learn about the college and the university. The interview took about an hour and during this time there was an opportunity to ask questions and discuss my professional goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your approach to handling conflict.   Answer Question

Cougar Connector Interview

Interview

In person interview. The process took 3 weeks. began working 4 months after interviewing. There were 2 rounds of interviews for the job. First round was a group interview and the second was with 4 different memebers of professional staff.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

First was the 30 min phone interview. After a week they contacted me for an in-person. The interview was a whole day. We started off with interview with the search committee. Then an hour presentation including Q&A. Then more sessions with the department and library staff.

Scientific Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a 30 minutes meeting with the search committee, including 4 persons. They asked about 10 or 15 question about me and my attitude toward that position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

The interview process was very much to make sure I was a good fit in my designated lab. I was introduced to all the other lab members and office staff.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied for this job from the WSU careers website. After a month I got an email regarding a phone interview. I gave the phone interview. Then got selected for an on-site interview. In the on-site interview, the first part was behavioral questions then they asked to design a database. They also asked me to bring the code sample related to database and client-server to discuss. After that, the next step was the background check. Finally got the offer.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview, they asked about previous relevant work   Answer Question
    • For an on-site interview, they asked to design a database which was similar to the one they were working on.   Answer Question
    • At the beginning of the interview, they asked me some behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • They asked me to bring a code sample to discuss.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

Phone interview with three individuals, followed by an in-person panel interview with five. Interview questions were relatively straight-forward, with only one curveball question that more or less was easy to BS, and primarily to prove that one could think on their feet.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

One on one interview with hiring manager with a tour of the facility. We talked for about 30 minutes and they said they would get back to me. Only took about a week to hear back.

Stockroom Assistant/Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

I was invited to apply online through an email. I entered in my information and a copy of my class schedule. I received an email asking me to schedule an interview. The interview was laid back and quick. The most important part was having an open schedule to be able to schedule time slots to work.

Interview Questions

• How many hours would you like to have   1 Answer
    • How many chemistry classes did you complete.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

You will have short interview with your potential advisor in his/her office. After the conversation, you may have the chance to visit the lab with the PI. At the end of the interview, you will be told that when you will hear the decision about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Basically, just introduce your research experience and interest.   Answer Question