Washington State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.3

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

onsite interview, asking question all about behavior, no skill questions. 3 manager and 1 director of different areas asking questions in a row and it lasted for 1 hour. Before interview, the administrator sent out a file about the skills/ qualifications they were looking for in the onsite interview.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

Didn't qualify, yet had past experience with customer service/clerical/admistrative duties as a manager. (5 Yrs) Washington State University is not an Equal Employment Opporunity Employer, very selective who they hire, STAY AWAY.

Fiscal Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellensburg, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University (Ellensburg, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 hour telephone screening interview with 12 questions. Two people interviewed me and their questions were pertinent and job focused. It will take 1 year to become familiar with their fiscal cycles. They will bring to campus and do a second interview with finalists. A lot of support and training will be offered to hiree.

Interview Questions

• How to solve employee relation difficulties.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

I emailed professors and called the department chair to see if I could get in. This school has some of the most friendly department coordinators of any university I applied to. They were not condescending towards my current status, as were a lot of the other D1 schools, and were extremely helpful.

Records Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted roughly a month later. The interview itself was four hours with the initial hour dedicated to a literal test. This was followed by a panel interview with five staff members who I would be working with, then a one on one with my potential supervisor, then another panel interview with three senior staff. Overall, the interview was tiring with each interviewer asking the same set of questions.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very simple. There is physical application that you fill out with you personal information, academic information, and the classes you want to tutor in. Then, you respond to two short essay questions on why you want to be a tutor as well as what you hope to get out of it. A few days later, you should get a call to either set up a quick interview or tell you that they did not need the classes you offered to tutor in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

From what I can remember the first year I applied, it was a phone interview that lasted about ten to fifteen minutes. The questions were situation based like "what would you do if...." or "how would you respond to...."
    It wasn't difficult, they just wanted to see you think and respond appropriately to possible situations on the job. I believe they also asked questions about your personality and customer service experience.

Secretary Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through WSU website and receiving phone call for onsite interview several weeks later. On-site was a panel interview with 3 staff. Fairly casual. Questions were easy and experience, situation based.

Interview Questions

Received offer at another company with higher pay in a position with more growth potential.

Interview

I contacted with my current supervisor through email. I had pointed out my research experience from my BS and MS degree. As our research experience matched my supervisor replied me asking several questions related to my MS research and my knowledge on several software.

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University (Richland, WA).

Interview

the interview went good, as usual, the basic questions were asked. The people are friendly, but when you actually start the job I found out I do not have a supervisor, only an assistant director who will micromanage and control you every second that she has. Please avoid this job!