Washtenaw County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washtenaw County Interview Questions

Interviews at Washtenaw County

Solid Waste Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied on-line and received phone call to interview within one week. Interviewed with a 3-person panel that lasted about 1 hour. This was a behavioral interview with most questions geared toward experiences in the field. This was the second interview at the County in 15 years. Same type of process-very heavy on experience and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to make a difficult decision and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washtenaw County.

Interview

Supervisor called to offer a group interview. There were 5 people within this interview and they had set questions which were behavioral interviewing based. These questions were difficult to answer as they are based on previous experiences and how you handled situations.

Interview Questions

• Based on previous experiences, have you ever felt unsafe in a client's home? What would you do if a client was aggressive and approached you?   Answer Question
    • Based on previous experiences, how have you handled a philosophical difference that may exist between you and a colleague?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the salary is set due to it being Unionized.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Washtenaw County.

Interview

phone interview pretty standard. Apply early or you won't get placed that year. After the interview you have to go to an employee orientation and present your certifications. If you get the job and they like you then you will be invited back for the next year if not you have to reapply through the same process.

Deputy Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

Different depending on various positions I held. Sometimes a committe interview, sometimes a one on one interview with several staff.

Interview Questions

• Always asked do I have any questions. Often unprepared to ask many or significant questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Salary schedules were set. To come on to step 4 required Administrator approval, beyond required the BOC approval.

Washtenaw County Treasurer’s Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Painful humiliating. I applied for an administrative position but was asked to complete a technical excel sample project to assess if i had a background in Treasury work. Why would you expect a secretary to be able to reconcile your bank accounts.

Interview Questions

• This position requires constant adaption to change can you cope with that?   Answer Question

Youth Relief Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Had to take a test first to see if you are fit to deal with children. Then they interview you with a 3 person panel if you pass the interview They will run a background check for felonies, domestic violence and do a TB test at a medical facility. The background check takes about a month to complete. If you pass these steps you are sent to the main county building for orientation and to get your picture ID. You have to go through a month of training with each job at the facility before they let you loose on your own. Pay during training is $12hr after training it goes up to $14hr

Interview Questions

• What are skills you need to work on.
      What are you strengths
      How did you solve a conflict at your last job.   Answer Question