Wasserstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

They sent me an email to a link to a digital interview. I had to log in and focus my smart phone on my face and answer on screen questions. It was awkward.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the company.   1 Answer

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a face-to-face after a successful video interview, there was no initial phone interview. I'm surprised they still wanted to talk after the video interview because I was only able to answer like 2 out of 7 questions. These were STAR questions and only gave you 2 minutes to answer them, once your time was up it moved you onto the next question. Two minutes is not enough time to answer STAR questions. You have to set up the Situation, explain the Task at hand, the Action that you took, and finally your Result. In two minutes I barely got through the 'situation' and 'task' then ran out of time before explaining 'action' and 'results'. Two people interviewed me at the same time, one being the hiring manager who was very nice. I wish I could say the same for her boss who was also conducting the interview. He kept yawning during the questions which was very irritating and distracting, causing me not to be able to concentrate on my answers. I found it very rude of him to continue to yawn over and over while going through the interview. The only reason I'm not giving this a negative rating is because the hiring manager whom I would directly work for was professional and pleasant to talk with. Question types were all behavioral. I was given an offer but declined because the salary was much lower than my minimum requirement. I found it amusing that HR still went through the trouble of sending me a rejection letter after I declined the offer first.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you made in the last two years and how did you come to that decision?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Very Open Informal , professional. Simple questions. The interview process was multi-staged, but it did not take long. You interview with managers. Management possesses excellent communication skills. Requires professional dress.

Interview Questions

• How are you at conflict management?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed up by an in person interview. In person interview was two hours long, which I thought went well.

They hired someone else, which was fine. The disappointing part was that they didn't take the two minutes needed to let me know I didn't get the job. After a two hour in person interview, that's really poor form.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all rather basic. What type of manager are you, etc   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wasserstrom.

Interview

Phone interviewer had good basic detailed questions about experience. Face to face interviewer talked about his past experiences and didn't ask much about experience or what I could bring to table. Asked what he would tell the team about me and what was my definition of team. Had mentioned that they have made some bad hiring decisions in past. For all the years of experience this interviewer had, I expected many more questions so a good strong evaluation of talent could have been made.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of team?   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a group of people within the Sales Department. Each manager represented a different client based team that employed both the position applied for and peer positions. Each manager asked a set of questions as well as shared information on the role and company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to share my view of positive customer service and an example of how I presented that in a former position.   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview, few formal interview questions, then casual conversation. Talk about job descriptions, most of the time I am asking questions and show my knowledge. The interviewer are very nice and feel no pressure.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied via linkedin....2 months later received a call for scheduling an in person interview. Interview was basic. He talk about the position, asked a few questions of my past experience and that was the end of the interview. The interviewer was polite. I followed up immediately with no response from interviewer. He had stated the poistion was to be filled by end of month. I followed up again to ask where he is at in the process...absolutley no response.

He is a respresentative of this company and is not representing the company in a positive light. With a lack of communication from the interveiwer by not simply saying we are not interested, I would be hesitant to do any business with Wasserstrom....is this the way they treat their employees?

Cabinet Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

After applying I didn't hear back from the hiring manager for another month. Even though the corporate office was telling me that they are in dire need of more employees. The interview was fairly straight forward, though the hiring manager is also the facility manager and takes on way too much for himself. He will have to learn to delegate. The interview questions were mostly about my temper and if I would fit in well in a factory setting where it's mostly men. I came from the military so this was pointless. The other half of the questions were based on tool operation and experience. Due to my limited experience this didn't amount to much.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. None of these supposed questions about what animal you most relate to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was not great. I stated I needed $12 an hour to start. The hiring manager responded that he could get close to that. Upon starting I was told I would get $11 an hour. Then, a week later, I was told this was a mistake and it was dropped to $10 an hour.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wasserstrom (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

interviewed with department supervisor and VP of department. interview lasted 30 minutes. pretty straight forward, no stupid questions. arrived 10 minutes before interview and waited in reception area. the application process was easy, had an interview scheduled the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there, plans for future advancement   Answer Question